Why must people on this site be so cruel?

Options

Replies

• wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. Any decent human being will agree. But not everyone is.

The most vicious people are prob, in real life, the biggest losers. Trying to hide it however they must.

Its like dogs, the scariest dogs rarely bark before they really attack. The ones that do are the scared dogs. Warning to stay away.

Ignoring is the best option.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Web forums turn us back into kindergarteners. Establish a pecking order, identify the vulnerable, and organize a group attack.

so true!
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I realize that it's not a perfect world, but seeing people put others down on this website really upsets me. I constantly see myfitnesspal members complain about people at the gym who aren't as advanced as them, or they put down the people who don't do the same exercises or have the same weight-loss method. Everyone loses weight differently, be it by cardio or weight lifting. I'm also tired of seeing rude threads that talk about another person's attire and if it's "wrong" for the gym. If they are having a successful work out it shouldn't matter what they wear. Some people can't afford nice shoes and clothes so please don't be so quick to judge. The only person you should worry about is YOURSELF. Unless someone at the gym is hitting you in the head with a weight or trying to trip you on the treadmill you should leave them alone. Just be courteous of others if they aren't bothering you.

That post is ironic, that's what that is. Irony.

How is it Irony? I want to e-mail Richard Castle and ask him if it's a proper use of Irony, because I am skeptical.. xD
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Web forums turn us back into kindergarteners. Establish a pecking order, identify the vulnerable, and organize a group attack.

Have you been bugging our secret meetings????
  • teisha98
    Options
    That is so true... And were all on here because we want to get fit and lose weight. Talking down on people is never good doesn't matter when your doing it.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Here... I graphed it for you...

mfp-curve.png
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Here... I graphed it for you...

mfp-curve.png

My cats are sexy, aren't they?
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    ...The only person you should worry about is YOURSELF....
    HEAR HEAR! Y'HEAR?
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options

Hey, I organize them. I'm the alpha. Oh wait, that's just my fantasy. I'm really the one in the trash can.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    26873479_3016.jpg
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

overly-attached-girlfriend.jpg
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Like you said, there are several ways to get and maintain fitness. Each one of us is different. What works for someone else may not work for you. It however, may work for you. I think it is good to share ideas and methods. But most important, be respectful of each other at all times.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I love sinking my teeth into a solid chunk of irony.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    everyone join hands and we'll try circling the globe again
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I realize that it's not a perfect world, but seeing people put others down on this website really upsets me. I constantly see myfitnesspal members complain about people at the gym who aren't as advanced as them, or they put down the people who don't do the same exercises or have the same weight-loss method. Everyone loses weight differently, be it by cardio or weight lifting. I'm also tired of seeing rude threads that talk about another person's attire and if it's "wrong" for the gym. If they are having a successful work out it shouldn't matter what they wear. Some people can't afford nice shoes and clothes so please don't be so quick to judge. The only person you should worry about is YOURSELF. Unless someone at the gym is hitting you in the head with a weight or trying to trip you on the treadmill you should leave them alone. Just be courteous of others if they aren't bothering you.

That post is ironic, that's what that is. Irony.

How is it Irony? I want to e-mail Richard Castle and ask him if it's a proper use of Irony, because I am skeptical.. xD

i want to email Richard Castle too! but... for... other reasons...

as you were
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    LOOK! A dead horse!

LET'S BEAT IT!!!!
  • NursRatchett
    NursRatchett Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I used to friend everyone, but now I just friend people that I know. Too much unrequested "advice" (criticism). I found it ironic that the people who were criticizing others the most were also the ones who had lost the least. I guess sometimes people feel empowered in their anonymity.

Bottom line is, I got rid of all the unknowns and I use the Fitness Pal to make my fitness journey easier.

For the most part, I would like to think that people are pretty nice on here.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I must be extremely luck because I've never seen anyone act that way on MFP...
    You must have not seen the cameltoe thread.

There was a cameltoe thread? I miss everything. :angry:
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    So funny... another thread on people living on planet earth! I am beginning to believe in martians...
    On earth, there is all kind of people: happy happy joy joy, mean, annoying, obnoxious, cry babies, anger management... name it... deal with it! How? Let it be and ignore. And live your life. Period.
    Cant handle it? Buy a deserted island... they are here to stay.
    And no they are no necessarily low self-esteem people or whatever I have read.. some are like that.... it's like saying "Oh they take drugs, they must come from a dysfunctional family and been abused!" Sorry... they don't ALL do....

Those threads makes me laugh...