WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2012

Options

Replies

• DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good evening beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Nancy:smile: Happy birthday to J`boy!!! His birhtday dinner sounds delish!

Carolyn:smile: It`s smart to plan your meals and go to the grocery store, sometimes I plan mine while I`m grocery shopping!

Jb:smile: As usual your M`s are marvelous! They have a rosemary foccacia bread at The Fresh Market and it`s soooo good, I don`t buy it anymore:cry: !

bjmcq:smile: Love your new profile pic! Is that your fur baby? Hope you`re feeling better!!!

Laura80111:smile: I spent part of the weekend decorating, I finally finished the tree in the great room today:bigsmile: , however I still have a bunch to do, I`ll be decorating the rest of the week. Congrats on hubbys promotion!!!! I can not imagine why people feel the need to go shopping on holidays either. I much perfer being with my family and friends! Your platter looks very pretty and yummy!

LinC:smile: We are a very chatty bunch of women most days:laugh: ! Glad you did well today!!!

Katla49:smile: Glad your early Christmas was wonderful!! When is the wedding?

JaneMartin:smile: Sure hope you get to feeling better! Have you been to t:smile: e Dr.?

Glenda:smile: It doesn`t take long for us chatty women to fill up a page or two or three:laugh: ! Computer issues for you too...those computer gremlins travel fast:angry: !

Michele:smile: I did a bit of online shopping today too:bigsmile: , I think I have everything except one gift and I still don`t know what to get yet:sad: !

Lin:smile: the coat saga continues....hope you love it and it fits!!!

Meg:smile: Thanks for the info on the omelet! Now I just have to be in the mood for eggs again:tongue: ! Okay, I admit I did laugh...I`m glad you only got a bruise from the adventure with the chair:laugh: ! Don`t feel bad, I once sat wrong on a lawn chair and it fell on top of me, with a ton of people looking:blushing: !

Codylee98:smile: Just jump right in and start chatting with us!!!

Lila:smile: Hot wiring a deer:laugh: , I would have no clue how to do that:laugh: ! I have never seen a lighted moose, bet I would like it though!

I`m so tired:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: ! Please forgive the typos, I`m not going to proof read this as I would probably miss them anyhow!

Have a wonderful night ladies! Sleep well and sweet dreams!!! Until tomorrow....

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

@LinC I also have a Wii my DH laid away a wii fit. He works at a pawn shop. When it came in he knew I want one so he put it up for me. But being it was summer at time I.was in no hurry. But with the cold weather and getting dark earlier I think I will go get it out. Do you like it?
    @Michele ok what is the apple vinegar drink? Since start of fall I have been struggling with keeping carbs under control. But with thanksgiving I managed to stay under calories goal but over in my garb intake.
    @Lilies I have the deer but I have never saw a moose I think.I would like that if you find one let me know where?
    @JaneM hope you feel better soon.
    @Linda happy to hear that you are beginning to move around better.
    @Lin no I did not take part in any nonlinear buying today but I did hear of some very good deals out there.
    @Barbie I like your quote.
    @Meg I am glad you aren't seriously hurt from your chair moment and glad you can laugh about it. You have a good sense of humorous.
    @Laurie Congratulation on DH promotion. And your platter looks yummy!
    @Glenda good to hear from you.
    @Carolyn I sometimes plan out my menu and make my grocery list from that. It does help to keep me on track with not buying the wrong stuff but also saves me time in the store too.
    @Cody welcome
    @Jane that sounds like you had a successful holiday weekend.

If I miss anyone very sorry about that
    Hope everyone had a good night.

Liz
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. It's 4:30 here and itchy feet and couldn't sleep. So got. But will do this now before I never catch up. Wow what a forum always loaded with wonderful people. Today I see my diabetic counsellor i'm sure I will learn a lot from her.

Nothing to report to darn early.

Lyder No cyber deals last year I ordered from Amazon the cost of the shipping was more than the little miss kitty I bought. Hope the coat fits when it comes in.

Meg Stuck and rolling around trying to get up, Glad you didn't hurt yourself more. But the pain might be out today. I can so relate to that. I pick blueberries in the summer I fell and got stuck between two great big logs now I was fortunate no one near to laugh with me. Because I was hilarious. So stupid.

Cody Lee Welcome just step in and join us.

Sasha Great exercise walking the dog. But I go walking down a side road accross a very busy hwy and don't want the mutts to go wondering off without me.

Muabsuan Welcome. There is a diabetic site here but I tried to get in but failed.

I know i'm missing a couple but my paper I use was full I write it on paper then type it out. Get you next time.

Let's plan on a great day.

See you all lighter Linda
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hello my lovely pals

We are getting to be rather a large band of women aren't we?

Just going to have a quick moan before I get on with some work. Yesterday I went and had my hair cut and 'blonded'. DH came home and said why was I messing about with my hair. I've always been a redhead and never had anything done to it until last year - no colour whatsoever. Anyway, I thought it looked good yesterday but DH has asked me not to do it again. Last night the middle of our bed was empty - we were at opposite edges. Bah - I hate that!

Must work but will try to pop back later.

Love to all.

Amanda x
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Ladies - just a quick note to mark my spot. I haven't read anyone's posts so no idea how Thanksgiving went for you, but I'll try to check in later (without the massive missive to go along lol).

We had a spectacular time out in CO. The weather was clear and sunny for the entire visit, which made for easy driving and dressing but not so much for skiing. However, the slopes did a great job of trying to keep up with the manmade snow, so we had decent early season skiing. I LOVED how strong and fit I felt - skiing was a breeze with legs that had worked out so much, and I didn't feel like I had been beaten after. Even adjusting to the altitude went pretty well although I still got the standard headache after a couple of days.

I took a little time off on Friday to take DSD out for some shopping (she didn't fare quite as well in the not-sore category lol) and meet up with my mom, who drove over from her home a couple of hours out. We had a lovely afternoon, met up with the boys and had lunch, then relaxed for a bit before she headed back home. She's getting up there and is afraid of driving at night now. Honestly I worry about her driving period, but she seemed to be pretty clear and cogent when I saw her. I wish she would be a little more active - she's taking great pride in saying how she doesn't cook at.all now when she used to be my cooking idol. She used to hike and bike and climb and generally be on the go all the time, but she's really slowed down now. I think it's as much dealing with the house and the last year as anything, so I'm hoping she gets reenergized soon.

Seeing DS was wonderful too - he's doing pretty well up there although mostly as irresponsible as ever. He has a pretty good job with great benefits, but he's already griping about his boss (a woman) he doesn't get along with. There's always one. However, the people at work got the condo for us at a great rate, and we got half-price lift passes for a couple of days, so I'm thinking it's a pretty good gig! He's gotten much better about leaping AFTER he looks though, which is a good thing for a snow-boarder lol.

A couple of his friends from grade school were coming up Sunday to ride with him for a few days, which they were all looking forward to. I had them over for dinner on Sunday night for DSS's birthday dinner - it was great seeing them too. Lots of memories and laughing. DS rode (snowboard) with DSD a couple of days and was very patient about teaching her - I think she improved greatly over the weekend. DSS and I skiied together most of the time, and DH followed along with DSD to watch out for her. All in all, a really top-notch weekend.

So, after a weekend of lots of exercise and relatively decent eating, I managed to lose almost two more pounds! I'll take it! I'm now in the "normal" BMI range, which I haven't been since about six months after moving here. I have three more weeks of P90X, then a couple of weeks off for the holidays, then I have to decide what to do starting in January. I'm very grateful for all of you for cheering along and being so supportive. My goal for life now is simply to keep logging food and exercise and being accountable here.

Cheers!

M.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Liz:smile: Hope you have a fabulous day!!!

LinC:smile: Oh my, you got stuck between logs picking blueberries:noway: , hope you didn`t get hurt! I`ve done many many "stupid" things in my life so far, I would like to think I`m too old for that, but....life is strange sometimes. I locked myself out of the house one Thanksgiving morning, I was still in my pj`s, had bedroom slippers on, no phone, at the time my parents lived across the street from me and they had a key to the house, now I could get into my garage which I did, found a coat in my car, put it on and walked up my long driveway to their house, once I got there my mom said "you got into the garage, why didn`t you just drive up here?" DUH....why didn`t I drive the keys were in the car:noway: :embarassed: :laugh: , one of my most stupid moments!

Amanda:smile: How are you doing in London, I saw on the news about the flooding north of London, it looked just awful! Men-they don`t much like change! My hubby always liked my hair long, he didn`t care that it took me 45 minutes to dry it:grumble: . I`m sure you look just stunning and hubby will get used to it, do what makes you happy and remind him of the perks of having a happy wife:happy: ! Hopefully the middle of the bed will not be empty tonight!

It is supposed to be gray and raining off and on all day today, we could use a bit of rain, but I prefer the sunshine:tongue: ! Yesterday it was just beautiful here, lots of sunshine and the temps almost at 60 degrees, I spent a lot of time walking outside and it was just wonderful!!! Noel and I got a couple of long walks in too, she loved every minute of it! Today I`m going to try and get a bit more decorating done, I think I`ll start in the dining room today, I still have Halloween decor in there:tongue: ! Hope you all have a wonderful productive day!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    DeeDee - London is wet. No. Very wet. We live close to the Thames, but have been lucky so far.

You are right about men not liking change. I kept my hair long and naturally red for decades. I know that DH isn't a fan of blonde hair - but when we first got together he only liked brunettes (his ex-gf was dark haired and he couldn't see past that for a long time). As I explained to him this morning, I really don't want to be defined by my hair - I'm so much more than that. He's slightly contrite now, but I'm definitely glad that he'll have to fend for himself this weekend whilst I'm in Germany - maybe he'll appreciate me more!

Better crack on with some work I suppose - although I'm not feeling in the mood today!

Catch you all later.
    Amanda x
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options

We had a spectacular time out in CO. The weather was clear and sunny for the entire visit, which made for easy driving and dressing but not so much for skiing. However, the slopes did a great job of trying to keep up with the manmade snow, so we had decent early season skiing. I LOVED how strong and fit I felt - skiing was a breeze with legs that had worked out so much, and I didn't feel like I had been beaten after. Even adjusting to the altitude went pretty well although I still got the standard headache after a couple of days.

M.

We are in CO visiting our daughter. We live at 81 feet above sea level, and here it is at least a zillion. We've learned to drink lots of water when we visit CO. It really helps with the altitude and we don't get headaches any more. We also drive here to give ourselves more time to acclimatize. It takes a minimum of two days for us to get here, and we have a continuous rise in altitude. People ask why we don't fly, and the answer is simple. It takes longer than three days to get over the headaches when we fly. Lucky for us we're both retired and have the time available to spend driving.
  • librarygirlontherun
    Options
    Doing well logging my food. My mileage has dropped as I really do not train for races until January.
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello dearies,

Back to the Mac – so I can send you all messages and chatter.

Some of you will remember me posting about the things I was doing to try and get the students who are uncomfortable with themselves physically up and moving this term. At the beginning of September we did a fitness assessment (wall sits, push ups, sit ups, step ups, planks) and yesterday we did the same routine again. I am pleased to report that the students I was most worried about all made significant gains in their fitness levels! :happy: You also have to appreciate that at twelve years old, I was one of them, so I have nothing but pride and admiration for the efforts they made. Wonderful, wonderful children!

Salad Sista, I am so with you! It’s poached salmon on mixed greens topped with home-made salsa on the lunch menu today (well, it’s what I have almost every day, but it counts!). Looking forward to some inspirations for variations.

Bjmcq – what degree are you working on? Essays, whew. :grumble: I’d rather mark them than write them these days!

Laura8011 – congratulations on finishing the 30 days of DS – I am sure it made a difference in your fitness, and what could be better than great looking arms and shoulders in a LBD for Christmas? Why don’t you make the candies and hide them in the fridge at work? Or at a neighbours house? As Michele says, “out of sight, out of mind” is the answer.

Glenda, you have survived November, rock on. :drinker:

Meg, holy smoke, I can just see the whole living room going down like dominos! I hope your bruises aren’t too painful. Justin Bieber is a girl? :laugh: Oh dear, my girl students will be broken hearted.

Lila, Hotwire the deer? Oh my goodness, you are a resourceful woman. :noway: DH watched the Grey Cup & said the same about poor old Gordie, he can't really sing anymore and probably should retire (I mean Gordon Lightfoot, by the way, not my DH).

Speaking of Christmas decorations – we are hosting the school Christmas party here (I love hosting parties) so on the weekend I picked my nicest and classiest decorations and scattered them a la Martha Stewart around the house. I thought it looked particularly sophisticated (by my admittedly low standard) and was feeling very pleased with myself. Then J’Boy spotted his favorite Playmobile Santa figurines and carefully arranged them front and center on the mantelpiece. :ohwell: I could not move them for love nor life. So there we are. Christmas is about the family, in the big and small pictures, after all.

M, your description of your son made me smile. Yes, we have a pretty strong snow boarder culture here too, and I’d say very few of them “look before they leap”!

Well, I must rise and shine and get things moving now. It's time for my peanut butter & banana green smoothie (trust me, it tastes better than it sounds) and all the rest of the morning chores.

Hasta pronto,

Nancy

Hmm...time to think of some inspiring December goals.
  • beefoutz
    beefoutz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just came across this thread, I love it! I am 50 and need to lose about 75 more pounds. I am currently unemployed, but need to find a job soon. I have only lost 8 pounds since starting MFP about 12 weeks ago, but had lost about 10 before that. I read back to some earlier posts and find it very inspiring to see all your losses and positive comments. Look forward to checking in everyday!:flowerforyou:
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Truth be told, I'll need some good tactics for taking on this testy Tuesday since my tummy is already talking and it's not even close to time to eat! :tongue: I managed to have a monumental Monday (yay!) and kept my calories near 1200. Staying out of the chips and away from sweets is my mission this week, and only one small glass of wine with dinner, period. So, in order to make today's tally a triumphant one, I'll need to take heed, plan my meals and stay true.

Meg, I think you were asking about how to roast beets. A friend gave me a recipe that I just love, with beets, carrots, onions and bell peppers. Cut all vegs into fairly large chunks, maybe 1-1/2" cubes or wedges, toss with a teaspoon or two of canola oil (or olive) and roast at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes until beets and carrots are tender. You don't want them to be super-soft, I like them when they're just past the "crunchy" stage. Once out of the oven, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, stir, and serve. Salt & pepper if desired.

I did 35-40 mins of walk/jog on the track over the last 2 days and my bones are achy! I'll tough it out and do it again this morning since it's not raining. Freezing, but not raining. Must stretch first today.

Everyone be good, be strong, and let's rekindle the Salad Sistas! :bigsmile: Nancy, you're always having a lovely salad with salmon! Yum! Yesterday I fixed my big salad with a little Jarlsberg Lite swiss and a few slices of natural uncured salami. I'm thinking today is a garbanzo bean & feta kind of day. I like using a balsamic vinaigrette spritzer, with a touch of my usual homemade olive oil & balsamic dressing. The spritzer gives flavor without the full helping of oil.

My niece posted a cute thing on facebook this morning and I just had to laugh since I've felt the same way once or twice: "I'm against recycling because it makes me look like a huge alcoholic to my garbage man" :laugh:

Of course I'm not really against recycling, I even wash out all of the containers that I put in the bin. :wink:

:smile: jb Just realized it's too late to go to the track since school kids are starting to arrive, so I'll do aerobics or kickboxing with a program on the fitness channel instead.
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome Beefoutz! I don't get on here every day but I do enjoy reading the posts and encouragement found in them. Only 3 weeks left in the year to squeeze in more weight loss. I would sure like to be back to onederland by Christmas - so close.

M, your family visit to Colorado sounds wonderful; full of life and fun as do others sharing of the holiday. I was blessed to have my grandson spend the long weekend with us as the rest of his family went off to be with the in-laws.

Nancy, congrats on the huge success with your students! That can be no easy task by today's standards to get students to be physically fit.

Amanda, good for you! My husband is the same way about my hair only because he has little. I remind him it is my hair.

Well, I do have a full work schedule today and need to turn my full focus there. Have a marvelous day to one and all.
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Good morning to the November women! It is a sunny cold day here in SWO, and it has the cold winter look outside with bare trees....

Welcome to the new people! I am fairly new, and this is a wonderfully active thread, lots of support and advice!

I totally agree with the comments that the Beibs should not have been booed...he had a large girl crowd in front of him, but CFL fans are...lets face it, middle aged men! Bad choice on the organizers part. And yeah, Sasha, old Lightfoot looked really rough, and frail.

Shasha, even the died in the wool Leaf hubby supports the Canucks when they are in contention.... I see that stubborn Bettman has finally brought in arbitrators today! Personally, I am enjoying the break from hockey....and any season is likely gone...:bigsmile:

The Grey Cup is like the American Superbowl......we do it early, likely due to the weather, before the covered domes were built!

Thanks for liking the pup pic, actually, that one is from the web, but it looks a lot like my "grand puppy" ; my daughter's standard....mine is not as cute in the face, but he has 3x the personality of most dogs, so we are always on our toes....he is 7 and has finally stopped fighting me over taking his nose lead off...last week. whew. Most of our family has converted from weiner dogs to standard poodles, and they are overtaking my neighbourhood now! they are everywhere.....and one even has the same name as mine, so we have to sort out whose Monty is getting a haircut at Pet Smart...

I have not yet figured out how to put the side by side up...( my son will groan at me if I ask) so I miss making the specific comments, but I will learn this skill after completing the marking for this course....

Out to walk the dog, will finish marking papers, and prep for class tomorrow....my students are aghast I am making them read 2 paragraphs out loud tomorrow...they don't know how to use a comma, so I am trying to get them to learn to read properly, so they can write properly! It is an uphill battle.....

Love the deficits on the calorie system if you don't eat all the exercise calories!

Have a clean calorie count today! BJ
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Tuesday Morning All,

Michelle- not sure if i can freeze it, but putting the candy in a place where it can't be seen I might be able to do that...hide it in the frige in the garage.

LinC- my family would think there is something wrong with me if the candy doesn't appear...I've been making candy for the holidays since 1986 and it's become a tradition that they all love, that and we use it as gifts for a lot of friends:heart: Hoping that your meeting with the diabetic counselor goes well and that you learn all you need too.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Lin- I only looked at Amazon and never tried to order anything, but I heard after the fact that the Kindle Fire was a great buy, but since I was given a Kindle for my birthday in Sept I really couldn't justify upgrading maybe next year I'll add it to my list:wink:

Meg- I was using Jillian Michaels30 day shred, but am thinking I will put in one of my Kettlebell DVD's tonight I have a six week program for them but haven't done it yet. It's a good thing you weren't seriously hurt in your recliner adventure:drinker: Hubby put out outdoor lights on a timer so they come on at 4:30 and go off at midnight...we didn't feel that we needed to give the neighborhood critters any extra help in finding follage to eat in the yard.:wink:

Lila- when Son #2 & DIL were stationed in Belgium with NATO and we were shipping our packages it was always a challenge to buying and sending things that we knew they could use as well as how to get the most out of the cost of shipping. I agree it's always nice to know they have something to open on Christmas day when they are so far away.:flowerforyou:

DeeDee-hoping you complete your decorating this week, it's always a good feeling when it's done and you can sit and enjoy it:happy:

Liz-I know that a lot of people have the Wii Fit...I'd be interested to know how you like it. It sounds like something I would enjoy just not sure if it's worth the cost:huh:

Amanda- sorry that hubby didn't like your hair. I understand though, mine has told me he loves my hair long (and I do too) it's just so much easier for me to work with and I can fix it in no time. When it was short (about 20 yrs ago) it took me much longer to fix it and hubby told me he hated it....so I started growing it out and here I am with long hair. Maybe the color will grow on your hubby....you can hope:wink: I'm sure your daughter will love the look of Mom's hair when you visit this weekend.

M- Congrats on that loss:drinker: but from the sounds of your Colorado Skiing Vacation it's no wonder you lost. Sounds like it was an all around good time with the family. I'm glad were were able to give you good weather while you were here. Next time you come one way to deal with the altitude is to drink plenty of water, it really does help with altitude sickness:flowerforyou:

Nancy-sounds like the fitness you are encouraging is paying off for your students...hope they appreciate that you care. I too love hosting parties even if we don't do it often. This past weekend we purchased a Three pot Crockpot and it will be my present from my Aunt (she always sends money) Each pot has it's own control so you can cook three things at once and if you want to just use it as a warming pot you can and since Christmas Dinner is at our house I will be using it then and already am planning on putting the gravy, mashed potatoes and stuffing in the three pots...I can hardly wait to use it:wink:

jb- :laugh: :laugh: loved the recycling saying:laugh:

texasgal- hoping you enjoyed your time with your grandson:flowerforyou:

BJ-I'm sure your students don't appreciate that you are making them read aloud now, but when they are older they will be glad you did when they are reading to their children:flowerforyou:

Welcome to all the newbies, I see there are a lot of you and this is the BEST place to get encouragement on MFP:drinker:
    Last night was my first night off of exercise in 30 days, and tonight I will be back at it, just not sure what yet. I'm thinking it will be determined by what time I get home from work.

Hubby works three more days in the firearms counter before he moves to his new position in inventory. I'm pretty sure he won't enjoy it as much but will like the work day week and days only no weekends or evenings...for some reason he wants to be home when I'm home:wink: keeps saying something about enjoying my company.

Thanksgiving evening I called my Aunt that lives in Oceanside California, she is my Dad's sister and her 88th birthday is this Thursday. She is one of the most fit 88yr olds I know. She just got back from a New England Cruise and will be cruising the Panama Canal in March she exercises daily and lifts weights. When she was younger she would sail to Catalina Island all the time and did a lot of swimming in the ocean. When she told me she would be driving to Sacramento for Christmas I was a bit concerned and told my #1 Son I was as he has seen her just a few months ago...he told me she looks like she is in her early 70's and mentally she is a lot sharper than a lot of 65 yr olds and that I should have no concerns....so I guess I don't:bigsmile: She's a good example of what I'd like to be if I live as long as her.

I best get moving have a lot to do ...when do I ever not:huh: Everyone have a great day, keep up your logging, don't forget to do some exercise and keep drinking your water:drinker:

Laura80111:smile:

It's almost time for us to get our December goals going....start thinking about them now and be ready for December 1st when Barbie posts the new month.
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Megblair - I've gone over more than once in my recliner but it was always backwards, not sideways. Glad you weren't hurt.

Laura - your aunt sounds amazing. I'm not even as sharp as a 65 year old and I'm only 53!!!

Welcome newbies. Can I say that? Am I still a newbie? 111 straight days of logging in, I hope not.

DeeDee:smile:

mazaron - Way to motivate your students.

I am so jealous of those of you who having shopping done. And for the record, I am pretty envious of all the grandkids too.

Well I am off to yet another holiday lunch. I will be good since I was so bad with the chinese food last night.
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi all. It was a chilly 16 degrees this morning as I ran out (late) scrunching my still-wet hair. The sunrise was gorgeous though….beautiful rose-colored clouds. I had to buy both breakfast and lunch, so the choices there aren’t great, but I can still get under my calorie goal for the day, so it could be worse! I have a headache today…almost migraine-y, so I hope my sinus infection isn’t making a comeback. :angry: I only wound up with a little bruise on my leg from last night LOL. :bigsmile:

I got an email from my brother…now dad is calling him incessantly worried about KGB agents trying to assassinate him. I wonder how that got in his head. It is so weird because he is totally oriented; he can tell you the date and time, knows all about current events accurately, “passes” all his cognitive exams, but has these crazy delusions. :noway:

Lila: your lights sound like the ones we have. So are you like my DH??? As he hotwires them together he always curses! LOL It’s pretty hilarious.:tongue:

Juner: good for you to get rid of that extra pound so quickly!

DeeDee: I seem to have lots of problems with chairs. The ones in the hospital are especially bad. They have very narrow seats because people pull the armrests in and they are set too high for me. Plus they are on rollers. So when I sit down, often my bottom doesn’t fit in the seat and the whole chair scoots out from underneath me. I try not to do that in front of students! :laugh:

Liz: I’m going to get a wii fit too.

LinCharpentie: can’t wait to hear what the diabetic counselor has to say today.

Amanda: I’m sorry to hear you and DH fought over your hair! I hope things are better today! I think your hair is you hair….and
    up to you to fix it how you like it! But that’s just me! :tongue:

M: What a glorious time you had in Colorado! It sure is a worry when the parents get older and we start wondering if they should still drive.

Nancy: I’m so glad you made such a difference in your students’ physical fitness! You should be very proud. And yes….I keep telling my DD#2 that the Biebs is really Barb and she always screams in despair! :sad:

Beefoutz: welcome to our group!

Jb: omgoodness your recipe sounds fabulous. It’s on the menu! Thanks for sharing.:flowerforyou:

Bjmcq: Are you meaning Gordon Lightfoot? THE Gordon Lightfoot. I LOVE him. He has been to Omaha several times and I have gone each and every time. He is getting haggard looking though…too many years of hard drinking I think.

Laura: sounds like your auntie is one grand old gal! :drinker: I had an aunt who was in her late 70s when someone broke into her home. She used a walker because she had polio , but she chased him out of her house and all the way down the street on the walker. I hope to be like these old dames! What did you think of the 30 day shred and where did you get it?

Well it’s way past time to get back to work. I think the headache is subsiding a bit. Enjoy the day and make the most of what you have! Take care, meg
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone

:flowerforyou: I've been missing for a few weeks sorry :embarassed:

I get so tired on an evening that I forget to log in.

I'll try harder to keep up with you all. Going back to the farm (where DD works as her boss Liz has gone away for 3 wks to America) so DD and her colleague take it in turns to go back on an evening to make sure the horses are okay and fill up water buckets etc.

It's about half an hours drive away, so we are gone about an hour.

I'm still exercising just started Level 2 of the 30 day shred.

Back soon xx
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just a short note.

Getting to the gym in the morning is much better than going at the end of the night.:drinker: Now I just have to keep the momentum going!:wink::wink:

Read all of the posts, welcome to the new ladies.:bigsmile: Looks like everyone is having a good Monday and Tuesday so far!
    :drinker:
    Meg, glad your ok. :smile: Congrats to all of you who have shopping done and the house decorated!:tongue::tongue:

Time to do laundry and get some lunch!

Stay strong, care for yourself today,:flowerforyou:
    Hugs, Linda-Sundance :heart:
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Let's hope the afternoon goes smoother than the morning! Started off with the unemployment office for an hour and a half! Then the cell phone store which was not very productive either!! After getting increasingly edgy and bad tempered, realized I had not eaten any breakfast so I met DH for lunch at DQ and only had a salad. Not remotely tempted to get a blizzard, yay me!:smile: Also, realized that the headache I've had going on 2 days now, is sinus pain and pressure so finally took the right over the counter med to hopefully get rid if it!! Not up to walking the boys but will still get some activity in because of the cleaning and rearranging that I need to do. Finally getting 7 new windows installed tomorrow so our house will be less drafty this winter!!

Have a great rest of the day and don't forget to stay hydrated:drinker:

Kathy

P.S. Already feeling a bit calmer after coming here and catching up with everyone! Feel blessed to know all you wonderful women!:heart:

P.P.S. Got in a 20 min walk with the boys after all!:happy: