1424344454648»

Replies

• c0c0nn0r
    Options
    Just trying to catch up with everyone..it's been busy at work

Lynn thanks for sharing about not giving up - love it

Jb can't wait to make the Kale & Kidney Bean soup - sounds delicious

DeeDee my granddaughter is 11 also and when her family gets to my place for
    the holidays the 1st thing she wants to do is go to the mall and get a hot chocolate
    at a coffee shop with me...how fun

Barbie glad you scheduled the mammogram..so important - I'm a 5 yr. breast cancer
    survivor as of 10/12 and had no symptoms, lumps, nothing...I can't say enough about
    these screenings - there were 2 different cancers in the same breast and 1 had gone
    into the lymph nodes....it's a simple procedure that saves lives.

Well enough preaching ... I'm going to finish reading everything and check back in tomorrow
    Have a great Monday everyone!

Colleen
  • Patchworkperson
    Patchworkperson Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies what a topsy turvy couple of weeks I've had since I came back to join you again but......

MY FIRST GRANDCHILD WAS BORN THIS MORNING!!!! :happy:

Please welcome Ethan Noah to the world. He was born as 04.17 this morning weighing 6lb 12oz. Mum & babe doing well. My son is beside himself with joy.

I've only seen photos so far (hospital is very strict about visiting) but he is gorgeous. I will be able to meet him at 6.30 tonight. This day is going to be so long!!

Geri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies what a topsy turvy couple of weeks I've had since I came back to join you again but......

MY FIRST GRANDCHILD WAS BORN THIS MORNING!!!! :happy:

Please welcome Ethan Noah to the world. He was born as 04.17 this morning weighing 6lb 12oz. Mum & babe doing well. My son is beside himself with joy.

I've only seen photos so far (hospital is very strict about visiting) but he is gorgeous. I will be able to meet him at 6.30 tonight. This day is going to be so long!!

Geri

Congratulations on your new grandson! You have been blessed & I hope you'll get to see him soon. I think the feelings that go along with a new baby are powerful and hopeful. This power and hope is one of the big draws of the Christmas story, in my opinion. I felt it with each of my kids and my granddaughter Enjoy!.
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. The newest board is locked because it reached 500, so now we're writing on the prior one? Shouldn't we have a part 3 or something?
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Ladies - one week until Christmas and I am wrapping presents!

45066_4444870113521_585109489_n.jpg
  • morgankruse
    morgankruse Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    codylee98 wrote: »
    Hi, Ladies:

I'm Debbie from Fort Myers, FL 51 years old, married without 2 legged childrens, but have two Boxers, Jake and Franny. I just started back to MFP about a week ago. I would love to join in with you because it's important to be around women with our special over 50 year old issues. I need to lose about 50 lbs, started with my first 2 this week. I am not "dieting" just trying to make small changes at a time and really focus on exercise, since I have been having trouble with anxiety, especially at work. I work in a law office and between work and the drive spend about 11-12 hours a day somewhere I don't want to be. My husband opened a plumbing company last year and as it becomes more profitable, I am looking to make a job change soon, perhaps early next year. I am at a place where I need to take a couple months off and then hopefully, find something less stressful. Anyway, i can really use support and love to encourage others. Thanks for letting me vent...looking forward to making friends with you.
    Oh my, so ,many posts! I can not POSSIBLY catch up on so many pages of reading so guess I will just go forward from here.

It has been a struggle the last couple of weeks - sticking to the plan, getting the exercise in, having structured, sit-down meals. It has been crazy busy and I have had a week of computer issues and days of no internet.....yikes, we get pretty dependent on the technology! Hopefully it will be resolved soon. PLUS the pool where I go for aquacise has shut down for maintenance for three weeks!!

But here I qam, proclaiming that I WILL get back to a routine of some sort and will make good choices in eating and activity this week. My goal for November was to survive, right?!

Keeping on....

• morgankruse
    morgankruse Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    codylee98 wrote: »
    Hi, Ladies:
    !
    I'm Debbie from Fort Myers, FL 51 years old, married without 2 legged childrens, but have two Boxers, Jake and Franny. I just started back to MFP about a week ago. I would love to join in with yourself because it's important to be around women with our special over 50 year old issues. I need to lose about 50 lbs, started with my first 2 this week. I am not "dieting" just trying to make small changes at a time and really focus on exercise, since I have been having trouble with anxiety, especially at work. I work in a law office and between work and the drive spend about 11-12 hours a day somewhere I don't want to be. My husband opened a plumbing company last year and as it becomes more profitable, I am looking to make a job change soon, perhaps early next year. I am at a place where I need to take a couple months off and then hopefully, find something less stressful. Anyway, i can really use support and love to encourage others. Thanks for letting me vent...looking forward to making friends with you.[/quote? I am knew to this and really don't know know how to use this. I live in North Fort Myers, Florida and really need a walking buddy that will0 hold me accountability. Not sure how to post if you can help me. I am 52 and need to lose 37pounds.I have tried everything to get on these boards and it seems they are not working. I really do need help. Thanks for listening to me. I also use an Android I-pad. No phone. It is just a basic òne. HELP!!!!!!!!