Options

Replies

• serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Wisconsin
    Age 43
    Only child 24

And yes, my mom said I was too young. (She had 3 by 22.)

Lots of my hs classmates are grandparents. One actually has seven already!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Boston area
    Now: 39
    1st baby: 30 (2nd @ 34)
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    From Utah...
    Now: 28
    Married: 20
    1st baby: 25
    2nd baby: 28
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    York, PA
    47 Now
    30 when I had my first and only...
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Indiana

20 When I had him...My mom was 3 months pregnant with me and 18 years old on her wedding day.

He's my reason for working so hard and having a house, nice car and money at 25 years old when many of my friends still live at home with mom and dad. :love:
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Denver, CO - Our daughter was born when I was 22, I was 21 when I got preggo. Seems the majority of the parents in our kids' classes are closer to my parents' ages, which is fine, but when my daughter was in kindergarten I felt like we were BABIES in comparison!! I definitely hope my kids wait longer to have kids, live a little, but everything worked out for me and hubby with our kids so I definitely won't complain!!!
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ontario
    I was 27 when my daughter was born
    I'm 31 now.
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    22 when I had my first
    31 now.

From Ohio.
  • suecandy
    Options
    21 years old.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Maryland
    I am 39 now

1st- age 24
    2nd-age 26
    3rd- age 37
  • tmgibson
    tmgibson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was 19 and my husband was 18 when our first was born. She's now 22 and that's how we remember how long we've been married. :laugh:
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    Current age: 27
    Age when I had my first (only) child: 16 (2001)

For me i think it has a lot to do with here you grow up and what you are surrounded with. However i learned my lesson and didnt keep having them. I did get prego a second time in 2005 but miscarried. I did graduate from high school and i am totally independant. Some change and some stay the same. we all have a choice and what we do with that choice is what matters.
  • sarahsaca
    sarahsaca Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Northern California

Age now: 41
    Met my husband at age 16, got married at age 19
    Had my first at age 20 (total surprise)
    Second at age 22 (planned)
    Third at age 25 (complete surprise)

I will celebrate 22 years of marriage to my best friend and soul mate on December 16th. My oldest will be 21 (OMG) on December 18th.

Love my boys and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. My youngest just turned 16 and in a few more years they will all be out of the house and my hubbie and I can really start to travel and enjoy ourselves while still being so young!!!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm twenty one right now and I plan on first getting most of the way through college before I have a kid. I wanted to wait until after med school, but my future hubby said eight years was pushing it....so I agreed to three or four ;)
  • missmmaynes
    missmmaynes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was 22 when my son was born and 26 when my daughter was born. I'm 39 now.
  • stacyfoo
    Options
    Age now: 32
    Age when first child was born: 32

i had him Oct 3 via c-section. unfortunately, he was stillborn. i always invisioned myself having children before i got to this age. unfortunately, fate had different ideas. perhaps i'll actually get to experience parenthood one of these days
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am what my OB labeled as a "mother of advanced age" (I almost threw his clipboard at him). From MA and 38 when I was pregnant, had him shortly after my 39th birthday. I was one of 5 pregnant at my class reunion that year, and 4 others had newborns. I just wasn't someone who always knew they wanted to be a mother. When the time was right, I knew it.
  • I had my first baby when I was 22, and my husband and I were both in grad school.
    I was 26 when the second was born.
    I am 55 now, and from Seattle, WA.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    When I worked in the Emergency Room, there were girls as young as 13 coming in to be seen because they were in labor.
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    I was 25 when I had our little girl. W were tryin for 3 years so if it had happened right away id have younger