First baby...how old were you?

Options

Replies

• california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Like your daughter in law, I was 33 when my first was born.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am from Illinois and was 20 when i got pregnant with my gorgeous daughter and 22 with my handsome son i am 25 now and married into a family of three already so at 25 i have 5 of the worlds best kids ever!!!!!!
    Wow that's a lot of children for a 25 year old. Wondering how old the three that you acquired through marriage are.
  • gimpygramma
    Options
    I have been surprised at the number of women on the board who report having their first child when they were in their teens. That was really common when I was having mine (60's)

So old Chicks were *kitten* too back in the day? Nice

Not at all. Back in the 50's and 60's well payed jobs in forestry or fishing were readily available in British Columbia. Many boys left school to go to work when they were 15 or 16. Several of the larger employers of office workers would take girls who had completed grade ten on a business program. It was almost unheard of for young people to live together before marriage.So kids got married young. Birth control was iffy and many people knew almost nothing about the limited choices that were available so they had their children young too. A lot of my friends were married before they were 18. I think as many of those marriages lasted as those of people I knew who waited till they were more mature.
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    i was 30.. planned... glad i waited... not having any more.. My son has special needs and it's best if we kept all the energy, time, and money for him and any challenges we may face with him in the future.. bringing in another child may cause pain for that child and i don't really think it's fair to drag another child into it. It was a difficult decision but we are sure!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad:
    Age now: 38
    Age at 1st child: 16 (and 2nd child at 19)

I was married and divorced before I could even drink.

Note: It's not a redneck thing (ew), it was the 80's and I was in a relationship with a non-relative. haha

Mississippi here... I think we are #1 in the nation and I teach in the county that is #3 in the state :sad: it does get rather interesting...

Anyway, I married at 17 and had first daugter at 18. Please note that I had already at least finished high school. In retrospect, I should have waited until after college, although it was awesome graduating from the university with our eldest daughter! We were the best study buddies you could imagine!
  • onewhodiets
    onewhodiets Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was 34 for my first and had my second son at 37. Most of my friends were about the same, but then again, i met most of them in law school.
  • gimpygramma
    Options
    Age now: 32
    Age when first child was born: 32

i had him Oct 3 via c-section. unfortunately, he was stillborn. i always invisioned myself having children before i got to this age. unfortunately, fate had different ideas. perhaps i'll actually get to experience parenthood one of these days

:cry: That is so sad but don't lose hope. As a teen I worked for a woman who had married at 23 and tried immediately to have a family. By the time she was 30 she had had 6 miscarriages. Finally she carried a baby to term. A year or so later she had her 7th miscarriage. When I worked for her as a mother's helper she was 37 and had five little boys under the age of 7.
  • gimpygramma
    Options
    age now= 25
    1st baby =had him dec 30 2005 i was 19( 9 days after my 19th birthday)
    2nd baby = had her dec 5th 2006 i was 19 ( 16 days before my 20th birthday)
    3rd baby= had him dec. 18th 2007 i was 20 ( 3 days from turning 21)
    Boy you must have been one very busy mama when they were all little! Were you glad to see them start heading off to school?
  • spippin73
    Options
    39 for first and 41 for second. It's been a blast!
  • crysmac85
    Options
    I was pregnant when I was 21, 22 when she was born. 23 for second, 25 for the third and 27 for the fourth.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 now
    Had my first child when I was 19
    Had my last child when I was 30
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    From Minnesota, USA
    Age now: 48
    Age when first was born: 28 (31 for second)
  • HeidiYolanda
    HeidiYolanda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Age Now: 41 yrs. young
    Age at time of First Baby: 19 yrs. old
    Age at time of Second Baby: 28 yrs. old
    My daughter is 22 now and has never been pregnant!
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    20 for 1st and 23 for 2nd
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    27 :)
  • amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Age Now: 37
    Age at time of First Baby: 31
    Age at time of Second Baby: 35

I probably would have had babies when I we younger (mid twenties maybe) but I was with a man who didn't want children for 13 years. I met my husband when I was 30 and we started our family shortly after that. My sister was 16 when she had her first baby, and 19 with her second. I'm not sure what the difference was since we were raised in the same house with the same parents in the same town *shrug*
  • vienna26
    vienna26 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Age Now 27
    Age when i had first baby: 17
    Age when i had my second:22
  • CDeRuyter
    CDeRuyter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Born in 1964.

1st child - 34 yrs old
    2nd child - 38 yrs old (I HATE the term "Geriatric Mother")
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I was 26.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from western NY State, near Rochester. I had my first baby at age 23.