Replies

• lee_ramsell83
    Options
    1st at 20
    2nd at 23
    3rd at 26
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    I was 20 almost 21, Married just over a year when she came and she was planned. Second baby 25 third baby 31. All 3 planned and if I have my way I will have one more by 35 then I am done. My hubby already says he is done. I've always been a family person and while I had graduated from nursing school at age 19 and already working when she was born I never wanted to wait to have kids. Family was more important to me than any career ;-)
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    1 - 19 (I was married)
    2 - 31
  • sadance12
    Options
    I can't believe some of the negative comments on here. Maybe some women are being responsible and don't want kids outside of a stable relationship...
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    First of all, I was married when I had my sons, that being said I was 20 with my first son and 23 with my second...they are now 23 and 21, one owns his own business and one is in college and I couldn't be more proud of them!!! :smile:
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    First born I was 29, second I had just turned 40
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have 5 boys. My oldest is my husbands from a previous relationship, which we have had custody of since he was an infant and I have raised as my own since I was pregnant with my son (his brother). Very long complicated story-- doesn't matter, he's mine :)

I was 19 when I had my first bio son, 24 with the next, 26, then 28 with the last. We have been done for 8.5 yrs. The two older boys were born in CA and the three younger boys were born in PA.

Edited to add that I am 37 now.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Just had my little boy last year at 32.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    First of all, i love this thread! i think its so interesting to hear all the different stories! I'm 22 and don't have any kids and if my life goes to plan I want to finish up school and marry my bf first. I can barely support myself let alone a family! I feel that with the other girls my age I know, they either took my path of going to college right out of hs or having kids right away. My 19 year old brother (my whole family couldn't believe he was the first one with a kid! haha) just had a baby with his wife and I'm satisfied spoiling my niece for now!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    25 when first child born and 33 when i had my twins. I am a midwife and we have a broad spectrum of ages the youngest i have looked after was 12 and the oldest 1st time mum was 48. The younger parents are getting less frequent and we are getting more career women who now feel they are in a situation to have a child the rate of IVF amongst older mums is significantly higher.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    27 When I had my son, 29 when I had my daughter, and then decided hubby was getting a vasectomy! lol
    I'm from Toronto, ON
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i was 27
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Born in 1962
    Married in 1987 @ age 25
    Daughter in 1993 @ age 31
    Son in 1996 @ age 33
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I was 18 and married.Had another at 21 and my last at 37.
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I was almost 33, and my wife was 28. #2 came along 17 months later, when I was 34 and my wife was nearly 30. DONE!!
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    First baby at 18 (planed)
    28 now Peggo with # 6
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    From New Jersey

37 years old
    1st at 20
    2nd at 23
    3rd at 26
    4th 30
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    1st: 23
    2nd: 25
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    It's funny how some who had their 1st as a teen felt the need to say "It was planned" lol or "I was married"

26 no kids but

My mom had me at 22
    unplanned/ unmarried :laugh:
    Jamaican
  • lheyens
    lheyens Posts: 62
    Options
    Had my son when I was 18, im only 19 now, but we are doing great! did I expect it nope, Do i take full responsibility absolutely! i love my lil guy so much :)