30 day shred level 1 5/11-14/11

Options

Replies

• devaulr
    devaulr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today. Thought I was going to throw up. It was really hard for me being 337lbs w/ weak knees and wimpy arms.
  • shakethiahinton
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! one of my friends on Facebook JUST TOLD ME TO DO THE EXACT SAME THING!!! I'm going to get one first thing in the morning after I drop the kids off and then I'm coming back here and doing the Exercise with the monitor! Thanks a lot! How many calories do you remember from Level 1? Pleeeeeease tell me it was more than 43! lol
  • shakethiahinton
    Options
    It will get better Devalur! Keep the faith and motivation and you will reach your goal in no time!!
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Can I join in?

I just did day one and felt like I was going to die. This isn't my first rodeo (completed it before I got pregnant), but I'm really surprised how out of shape I am.

Current weight: 197
    goal weight: anything below 197 :)

bust: 42
    waist: 37
    hips: 45
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I finish level 1 tommorrow and it actually gets easier. What a great workout in 20 minutes. My knees do not agree though.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Everyone told me to use 'circuit training, general' to log what I do with 30DS!

I want to lose inches, not pounds. I'm at 27" waist, heading for that coveted 24"! Though, I want it because I want to say goodbye to the fat that's left in my stomach area. If I can't be 24, I'd at least like for my stomach to flatten out & become more ab-by. That's my goal!
  • shakethiahinton
    Options
    DANIKAT15, I was 192 in July and today I am 168 so I believe and have faith that you can meet all of your goals. It's possible! My son is 19 months old and I didn't even start REALLY working out until 2 months ago...and trust me, I was SHOCKED at how out of shape I was as well when I first started because I am prior military! (8 years active duty) Good luck to you!
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you shake! My problem has been a total lack of motivation since having my little girl. But my husband and I decided to try and lose a little weight and live a healthier lifestyle so that she doesn't fall into the same bad habits.
  • Zahidahadi
    Zahidahadi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im on day 7 today. yay
  • sekaie
    sekaie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed!

I found Day 1 easier than I thought, but I sure felt it this morning when I woke up! Even so I went through it again and I can really feel it working now. Just knowing that it's only 20ish minutes is such a breath of fresh air after the 2+ hours at the gym I used to put in every day a few months back. Also so glad this thread is all starting at the same place as me so we can progress to Lvl 2 together!

Also, what's everybody doing about rest days? I'm thinking 0-1 a week?
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I haven't figured out rest days, I'm going to try no to take any, however on the 16th I will have to take one as I'm getting a tattoo. So I'm kind of trying to save my rest days until then. So I can take two if I have to.
  • waterhizzle
    Options
    Did Day 2 this morning - definitely harder than yesterday but so determined to get through this!!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1 and I think it was too easy for me. I did feel it in my arms thanks to pushups but abs and legs not so likely. I think I might have to add in some cardio as well as I can see that this video alone with MFP will not get me where I want. Good thing about it is that it went by fast.

I feel the same way! For level 1 day 2 I upped the weight and it was still overall TOO easy. I've been running on the the treadmill for 30 mins afterwards to up my calories burned. I was going to do level 1 for a week, but I might skip to level 2 today.
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 5 for me! Loving the way I feel!

I am only planning two rest days because I will be traveling for work (13th & 14th). I am going to try and do some cardio while I am gone just to have some calories burned. I think I am ready for Level 2 but will start that on day 11.

Measured this morning:
    Arms 12.25
    Hips 46
    Bust 36
    Waist 33
    Thighs 22.25

Hoping these inches will melt away :blushing:
  • Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well this morning my arms and thighs are sore but not too bad we will see later in the day. I plan on doing it tonight as well. But maybe rgualr push ups this time and more weights
  • Mari82chicago
    Options
    Day 2 completed!

I found Day 1 easier than I thought, but I sure felt it this morning when I woke up! Even so I went through it again and I can really feel it working now. Just knowing that it's only 20ish minutes is such a breath of fresh air after the 2+ hours at the gym I used to put in every day a few months back. Also so glad this thread is all starting at the same place as me so we can progress to Lvl 2 together!

• Mari82chicago
    Options
    Day 2 completed!

Sorry Im still new at this reply thing. Hope Im doing it right. Im thinking about resting 1 day a week. Maybe 2 depending how I feel after work since i work 12 hour shifts during the day.
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! one of my friends on Facebook JUST TOLD ME TO DO THE EXACT SAME THING!!! I'm going to get one first thing in the morning after I drop the kids off and then I'm coming back here and doing the Exercise with the monitor! Thanks a lot! How many calories do you remember from Level 1? Pleeeeeease tell me it was more than 43! lol
    Hi
    My hrm said 210 yesterday - I'm 178.5 and 5'9".
    Didn't work as hard as I could have - major wimping going on in the arm department . Can't believe how pathetic my upper body strength is...actually craved cardio section!!!
  • tippett610
    Options
    Hi
    My hrm said 210 yesterday - I'm 178.5 and 5'9".
    Didn't work as hard as I could have - major wimping going on in the arm department . Can't believe how pathetic my upper body strength is...actually craved cardio section!!!

What kind of hrm do you have?
  • tippett610
    Options
    Day 4 for me!

It was hard to get up this morning but I did it!

CW 171
    GW- whatever it ends up being (not weighing) - working on inches.
    chest 36
    waist 33
    hips 46
    thigh - unsure will measure tomorrow.

arm- unsure will measure tomorrow

Goal - to lose LOTS of inches :smile:

If it helps to motivate, i lost 26 inches in October when i did the 30 ds straight threw. Only missed 1 day of level 2, so, hope this motivates you to keep accurate records... I think I'm going to frame mine! Lol

Sweet! That is very motivational!!! congrats!!!!