30 day shred level 1 5/11-14/11

Options

Replies

• clolson13
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 today (technically my day 6, but I had to miss a day), and I have already lost 5 pounds! I feel a lot better than at the beginning of the week. I've cut out sodas, and snacking. Drinking nothing but water. I use 5 lbs weights, and those are enough when you are doing repeated reps of things.

I'm super excited for Sunday because I will take measurements again. Pictures will wait until after every level is over. I'm so excited!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I can't stop looking in the mirror! I haven't lost any lbs, but I think I look f'ing fantastic!! Lol, LOVE 30ds!!
  • wattssal000
    wattssal000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Loving the great attitudes showing on this post! Makes me want to keep going. I have done 4 out of 5 days of the Shred and my muscles are sore. I am keeping my eating under control so far and hope to keep it that way.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Squeezed in day 3 yesterday (had to skip one day). Today was my weigh in and I was down 1.4 pounds. That's the first time I've been over a pound in a week since I started. Must be Jillian. I've noticed that my arms have a small muscle in them already without even flexing them. Awesome!
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work, ladies!! I just finished the first 20 days of level one and two and I am feeling sooo good! I'm excited for Monday when I start up on Level 3!
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Im so happy !!! Everyone is doing great

Heres to the shred!!!!!
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Keep up the great work, ladies!! I just finished the first 20 days of level one and two and I am feeling sooo good! I'm excited for Monday when I start up on Level 3!

Have you been doing every day?
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I do 5 days a week, weekends are my break days.
  • n2thenight24
    Options

I do 5 days a week, weekends are my break days.

Ty!! I've been reading a lot and it seems like Jillian says not to do it every day, that you need at least one rest day, so I think I'm going to take tomorrow off, even God rested on the 7th day!!! Lol.
  • Jeej0
    Jeej0 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So Sore from doing day 1 yesterday! will try and do day 2 today
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 8 today :)

I'm not feeling sore, do you think I m doing something wrong...

These last 21lbs are hanging on ~ can't shake'em off...LOL!
  • Jeej0
    Jeej0 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Made it through day 2! was sore but feel so good!
  • Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Im on the same boat on day 4 today and i feel a tiny bit of discomfort guess a lil sore but not much. :( got 20lbs as well to go.
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Im on the same boat on day 4 today and i feel a tiny bit of discomfort guess a lil sore but not much. :( got 20lbs as well to go.

I guess we just need to stick with it :)
  • aairs1
    aairs1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done! I'm feeling good, and I think it's getting easier (except for the push ups).
  • sekaie
    sekaie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just about to do day 5! I was going to do it yesterday, but our internet was out so no DVD ): So I'm downloading it now! I just decided to make yesterday my break day instead of tomorrow, so it won't hinder my progress.
  • rachiegrl6
    rachiegrl6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    what weights is everyone using? I'm using 5 pounders. The last time I did the 30 day shred I was 30 pounds lighter....I feel like I'm going to die. How's everyone else doing? I may have to do level 1 twice....we'll see.

For the rows and the chest flys I'm using 8 lb weights. I don't feel it at all without that much weight and might go up to 10 lbs by the end of Level 1 if I need to.

I try to do everything else with 5 lbs for at least the first round and drop to the 3 lbs if I need to the second round.

A side note on a victory for me - I was able to complete 30 seconds of jump rope without stopping during the last circuit's cardio section last night during my day 6 of level 1. I was pumped!
  • Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    what weights is everyone using? I'm using 5 pounders. The last time I did the 30 day shred I was 30 pounds lighter....I feel like I'm going to die. How's everyone else doing? I may have to do level 1 twice....we'll see.

For the rows and the chest flys I'm using 8 lb weights. I don't feel it at all without that much weight and might go up to 10 lbs by the end of Level 1 if I need to.

I try to do everything else with 5 lbs for at least the first round and drop to the 3 lbs if I need to the second round.

A side note on a victory for me - I was able to complete 30 seconds of jump rope without stopping during the last circuit's cardio section last night during my day 6 of level 1. I was pumped!

I think im going to use your method in using different weights for dif exercises maybe thats why i feel no soreness because 5 lbs are too light. With lunges they are fine but with chest row or chest flys i need more wieght!1 Using 8 lbs next time!! im doing it today let you guys know how i feel!
  • sekaie
    sekaie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Day 5 finished! Halfway finished with level 1.

Sadly I had to take a break yesterday, but that's fine. I'll just not have my planned rest tomorrow instead. My body isn't sore anymore, I think I'm starting to adapt!
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Half way there WAY TO GO!!!!! Im a horrible motivator i have only been able to complete day 1:( 2 days picking olives has kicked my *kitten*!!! one more day one more day