TAT'S

Options
jferris91
jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
What your opinion of a tattoo. should people get them or what?

I have a cross on my leg so far I am thinking about getting four more. A sun with a face and moon, A grave yard with tombstones of lust, pride,greed envy self and above it is a banner going over the moon saying " no on gets out alive", my last name on my side and an nautical star.... i want some more but i am not sure what i want I love looking for tat designs to help me decide...so what do you think of them and feel free to share what you have :)

Replies

• allison_pass
    allison_pass Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I have three.

I got them because I wanted them. Not because anybody said I should or gave me an okay. They're on my body and I'll cover it however I'd like to.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't have a pic of mine to share but I'm happy I got it. It took me about 6 years to finally go for it after fighting over what I actually wanted on my body forever. I plan on getting another but those suckers are expensive!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I think you should get one on your face...Like Mike Tyson.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    To each their own. Just realize that tattoos are forever (unless you pay to have them removed), and that's a very long time, which is why I dont recommend getting someone's name tattooed (unless it's a child or relative's name).
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i have one. and will probably get another.

but I have no opinion/feeling that all people definitely should or should not.
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I think you should get one on your face...Like Mike Tyson.

haha no thanks, I got to keep it professional lol.
  • Bess_74
    Options
    I have two and will be getting a third in a couple of weeks. I say if you want one go for it, just take your career into consideration when thinking about placement, and make sure what ever you get is meaningful to you!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I like them. I have two. My first was a thin, black tribal armband. Second is a quote on my ribs.
    I work at a bank and visable tattoos are against the dress code, but mine are fairly easy to hide.
  • darnessaw
    darnessaw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think its your choice...don't let other ppl dictate what u can or can't do!! I have 1 and like u are considering more!!
  • darnessaw
    darnessaw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    just say NOOOOOO to the face tat!! :wink:
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    To each his own...if you like em get one, if not then don't

I have three and they all have a significant meaning to me
  • Cbagwell1986
    Options
    I have two so far. The first one is on my right calf and it's a Triquetra/Pentacle Celtic Knot with my ex's name under it in the Elvish speak from Lord of the Rings. My 2nd is on my right wrist and it's a Monas Hieroglyphica; which is a symbol designed to represent the moon; the sun; the elements; and fire.
  • TanyshaBzs
    TanyshaBzs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I myself have three tattoos and spent nearly 4 years deciding what to get. I have a bass and treble clef and my zodiac sign, all of which have a significant meaning to me.
    I don't feel like anyone should or shouldn't get a tattoo, but if you're going to, make sure it has some sort of meaning to you. Don't let it be something you will regret.
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am a professional and work in an office where I can't wear jeans. I do wear short sleeve shirts and you can see part of my half sleeve's on each arm. So as far as what you can have in the workplace, it's really about placement. The main thing I always tell people is that if you get a tattoo that has a deep meaning and it's a "good" tattoo, you won't regret it. Also if it's something you're passionate about, you won't regret it. That being said, I have several and not all of them have a deep meaning or really any at all, but I got them because I love the design and style. My suggestion would be to never get flash. Pick an artist you have to make an appointment with and have them design something original for you, mainly because the busy ones are the good ones.

Good luck
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Love tatt's!!! I have 3 and definitely want more, but need to figure out what I want. I have chinese characters on my low back, my last name and rosary on my mid back and one of the stars and sun from my countries flag on my foot.

If you want to get more, make sure there is some meaning behind it. I mean, this is something you'll have on your body forever...unless you get it removed, but who wants to go through all that trouble??
  • prinlea2000
    prinlea2000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree with others about it being a personal decision. I know I wouldn't let someone decide for me whether I got one, what I got or where I choose to have the tattoo on my body.

I am all for them. But for me, I definitely took into consideration where I've gotten the 2 I have mostly for work reasons.

<---- just got that one on my back a couple of weeks ago.
  • Ninjarider85
    Options
    I got six tats, there addictive, and everyone has a meaning, If u wanna get them get them. dont let other people judge u, as long as they can be covered so u can still hold a professional job then it shouldnt matter. its ur body. dont let others opinions rule ur life
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    What your opinion of a tattoo. should people get them or what?

I have a cross on my leg so far I am thinking about getting four more. A sun with a face and moon, A grave yard with tombstones of lust, pride,greed envy self and above it is a banner going over the moon saying " no on gets out alive", my last name on my side and an nautical star.... i want some more but i am not sure what i want I love looking for tat designs to help me decide...so what do you think of them and feel free to share what you have :)

yup i have 28 very visable tattoos :)
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    To each their own. Just realize that tattoos are forever (unless you pay to have them removed), and that's a very long time, which is why I dont recommend getting someone's name tattooed (unless it's a child or relative's name).

um..duh??