annoyed at the/my/this "Journey"

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Journey.jpg

I LOVE this type of journey too--the old school journey--WOOT...That Steve Perry jams like no other to me :wink:

One of my warm-up exercise jams is "Wheel in the Sky" -- :heart:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I want to publicly rant about insignificant things that don't affect my daily life in any way either.

Then I remember stuff like 8 million homes and businesses are without power on the east coast. Some of those people don't even have food or shelter.

Then I ask myself - does it ****ing matter? If the answer is "no" then I keep it to my immediate friends and family. You're allowed to have pet peeves, that's cool. But I'm sure a lot of people wish they had your life where the biggest issue is a matter of semantics.

However, for the record, many words have multiple definitions and can be used in many different contexts. Just because it doesn't fit the one that you have decided is correct, doesn't mean everyone else is wrong.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    It's overused but I don't think it should bother anyone...

Would you criticize someone with a chemical addiction for referring to it as their 'journey to sobriety'? I doubt it. It's just a saying that people can relate to. I'd say it just means we're going somewhere for personal betterment - and there may be monsters, puzzles and traps along the way, but hopefully we'll get some sparkly CG cinema cutscenes out of it after we beat the bosses.

I ate an apple this morning instead of noshing on a spicy chicken biscuit... on this journey I just got 10 exp. :smile:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Journey - Its not like you are going into Mordor to destroy 'the one ring' in the fires of Mt. Doom. Its a freaking diet.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Journey - Its not like you are going into Mordor to destroy 'the one ring' in the fires of Mt. Doom. Its a freaking diet.

you obviously haven't seen my gut and butt...it's super like that to me :tongue:
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    someday love will find you.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

One Twinkie to rule them all
    One ho-ho to find them
    One cheese stick to bring them all
    and to the hips, BIND THEM.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

I just spit laughed.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    break those chains that bind you....one night will remind you..... \m/
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Great! Now I've got "Don't Stop Believing" in my head! LOL.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

How we touched and went our separate ways.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Great! Now I've got "Don't Stop Believing" in my head! LOL.

hold on to that feeling yeahy yeah
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

If he ever hurts you....true love won't desert you \m/
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options

You all beat me to it.
  • kentmac
    kentmac Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like the term "journey" because it implies a venture into the unknown. You have an idea of where your going and how you're going to get there, but it never goes 100% as planned... You'll get sidetracked, lost, and maybe even have to retrace your steps along the way. Even if you don't end up where you thought you would, you'll be better for it.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    Journey: An act of traveling from one place to another.

I use this because I was in a place in my life where I had no idea what to do, where to go, on the path to an early death. This life change is leading me to another level in my life. When I get to my goal weight I will continue to be healthy but the hardest thing is the working to get there. This is a journey from near death to healthy for me. For people who really struggled, this is a journey.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You know which word makes me want to hurl, though?

Onederland.

Ugh. It's way too cutesy and overused.

^^This^^
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

If he ever hurts you....true love won't desert you \m/

You know I still Love you!
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Journey: An act of traveling from one place to another.

I use this because I was in a place in my life where I had no idea what to do, where to go, on the path to an early death. This life change is leading me to another level in my life. When I get to my goal weight I will continue to be healthy but the hardest thing is the working to get there. This is a journey from near death to healthy for me. For people who really struggled, this is a journey.
    said perfectly
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I prefer the term odyssey...or dragon quest.