annoyed at the/my/this "Journey"

Options

Replies

• GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't get the hate for journey. A journey isn't inherently temporary and implies change on it's own, which makes it no different from your choice of calling it a change.. I am not on a diet, I am on a journey to a new me. I have been on many diets, but this is my first journey. I've also been doing this for 130 days which is much longer than my "best" diet which last 2 weeks.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    journey.gif \m/
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I just keep singing "Don't stop! Belieeeeeving!" every time I see the word "Journey".
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    journey.gif \m/

They say that the road ain't no place to start a family.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Journey - Its not like you are going into Mordor to destroy 'the one ring' in the fires of Mt. Doom. Its a freaking diet.

One Twinkie to rule them all
    One ho-ho to find them
    One cheese stick to bring them all
    and to the hips, BIND THEM.

Very Awesome!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    How about a long, strange trip?
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    How about a long, strange trip?

puff, puff, pass?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    4fd586c3398c0.jpg
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I am being too semantic about this...but the use of the phrase the/my/this "Journey" annoys the ever loving crap out of me.

To me journey sounds temporary. It is a cutesy way of saying "I am going to do this thing until some point in time when it is over and I have to go back to real life" In other words the last 20 years I spent going on and off "journeys" to improve my health and life. Call it what is is....change. You change for the good or bad...hopefully we are doing it for the good.

/end rant for the day.

I loathe the word journey in this context, but if I start talking about my "change", people are going to think I'm either in menopause or trading in my lady parts for junk. But if you can come up with something better than journey OR change (and Dragonquest is a serious contender) I'd be happy to use it.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I use the word journey all the time, so I guess I must sound annoying to you. For me,however, it is a journey of discovery about myself, who I am becoming, and changes along the way. I don't expect it to end because I am rewarded with new experiences, new goals and a healthier life. I am moving forward.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    It drives me batsh*t crazy. It's so overused and just, annoying. Hence my quote on my page.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    im much more annoyed by the term " diet ". Diet is a much more short term word than journey is. I am NOT ON A DIET...Im on a "Nutrition Plan" that gives me the proper nutrients that will last a lifetime.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I just call it "when I finally got my *kitten* together." Also, who says you can't go back during a journey? What if you forgot your wallet?
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I believe that life is a journey through time and I don't know what the destination will be. It's made up of adventures along the way. Adventures are made up of experiences that I can learn from to make better choices. When I learn to make better choices my life journey is extended.
    So...applying this to MFP: I am learning to make better choices to extend my journey.
    Does this make sense to you? It does to me & that's what counts.
    BTW I Won't Stop Believing
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    It drives me batsh*t crazy. It's so overused and just, annoying. Hence my quote on my page.
    Dude don't be stealing my material.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Dude don't be stealing my material.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing! I was ranting about "journey" a few weeks ago. Great minds :wink:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

There are mountains, Frodo, AND orcs....you're just not on the same journey I am. But, unlike Bilbo, I'm going there and NOT going back again. This is my journey, where I won't stop believing, I WILL hold on to this feeling, I WILL work hard to get my fill!!! I will fight dragons and rescue princessessesssess, I will battle orcs and evil wizards! I WILL be victorious, I shall go on to the end, I shall fight in France, I shall fight on the seas and oceans, I shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, I shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. I shall fight on the beaches, I shall fight on the landing grounds, I shall fight in the fields and in the streets, I shall fight in the hills; I shall never surrender!!!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    To me, all of life is a "journey" and this is part of my life.

I don't like to say diet because I'm not on a diet, but I also don't care for the terminology "lifestyle change" because it feels cutesy and cliche to me. To me, this is simply my life, which to me is a great journey we all take.

Though I am now tempted to call it my Dragon Quest, lol.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am a monther.....I have a high tolerance for annoying behavior
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I am being too semantic about this...but the use of the phrase the/my/this "Journey" annoys the ever loving crap out of me.

To me journey sounds temporary. It is a cutesy way of saying "I am going to do this thing until some point in time when it is over and I have to go back to real life" In other words the last 20 years I spent going on and off "journeys" to improve my health and life. Call it what is is....change. You change for the good or bad...hopefully we are doing it for the good.

/end rant for the day.

what's your problem with Journey?

steve-perry.jpg