annoyed at the/my/this "Journey"

Options

Replies

• Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    This
    I consider my lifestyle change a "journey" because there is no final destination. I'm incorporating fitness and nutrition into my life from now on......
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I prefer the term odyssey...or dragon quest.

I am officially now on a dragon quest
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    You know what word I hate?
    Moist.

What a gross word!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    When most people use the word "journey" they are referring to the path they must take to get from where they are now to where their ultimate destination is. In this case, from one weight to another. When they reach their goal weight, it does not mean they intend to stop travelling altogether. It just means they will be ready to start a new journey. In real life, when you move out of town, you take a journey from one place to another. It doesn't mean that when you complete that trip that you won't ever travel again. Life, when lived to its fullest, consists of many journeys, only one of which is weight loss and the path to a healthy lifestyle.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    midnighttrain.gif \m/
  • aphid
    aphid Posts: 47
    Options
    Awwwwww...here :flowerforyou: or maybe you'd prefer this instead: :drinker:

I LOVE using the term "journey" for my new lifestyle change...I use it interchangeably with "adventure". When I think of and use the term "journey and/or adventure...I think of something tough, rugged "trip" (as in you're tripping type of trip to me), something difficult and long (as in lifetime long) that most may not understand or something I must experience alone really. Also, something that has highs and lows--not "static"--with highs and lows and everything in-between experience. I see as as a long-haul type of thing and using the term "journey" helps me to feel courageous and brave. My definition of "journey is the same (or close to) the dictionary's defintion(s):

jour·ney
       [jur-nee] Show IPA noun, plural jour·neys, verb, jour·neyed, jour·ney·ing.
    noun
    a traveling from one place to another, usually taking a rather long time; trip: a six-day journey across the desert.
    a distance, course, or area traveled or suitable for traveling: a desert journey.
    a period of travel: a week's journey.
    passage or progress from one stage to another: the journey to success.

Sorry it bugs you though...I hope you'll feel better soon:wink:

i love the term adventure. i am definitely stealing this one :)
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    From birth to the grave is a journey, like it or not. I've moved from the attitude of "being on a diet" to incorporating better choices in my journey of life.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    someday love will find you.
    break those chains that bind you....one night will remind you..... \m/

How we touched and went our separate ways.
    If he ever hurts you....true love won't desert you \m/

You know I still Love you!
    ZebraNew.gif \m/
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I prefer the term odyssey...or dragon quest.
    I. LOVE. THIS.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Journey - Its not like you are going into Mordor to destroy 'the one ring' in the fires of Mt. Doom. Its a freaking diet.

I went to Mordor and laid the smack down on my fat.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I see where you're coming fro.

To me "journey" does mean a lifelong process of change. Life is a journey - I guess it does end at some point!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    midnighttrain.gif \m/

aaaaannnnnnd ^THIS^ is why I love you Jerry. :flowerforyou:
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't like the word used in that context either. I think it sounds corny.
  • Natelywills
    Options
    To me, it's a journey because I have taken the first steps and I can't go back. Each day is another stop on the way to being healthy and happy but then life is a journey. Yes, it's corny but potato/ potato (that never works in type). For some the journey is something with a destination in sight and to others, it's about the things you see along the way.

Whatever you call it, this should be a life changing thing in which you can clearly track your successes and failures and I wish you the very best.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I seriously clicked on this thread and Who's Crying Now started playing on Pandora...MFP gods work in mysterious ways...
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the metaphoric term "journey". Some MFPers are more poetic than others.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You know what word I hate?
    Moist.

What a gross word!

I seriously should NOT have been drinking coffee while reading this! In an effort to not spit it at my keyboard, it instead came out my nose...and it was "hot" coffee dammit Kittie!
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Life is a journey, and yes someday I will die, so that is temporary too.

Someday I will have a rant on stupid things people rant about.
  • Yeah because temporary I am going to be 200 lbs, next week I better be 199. I am temporarily going to be in the 190s.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    You know which word makes me want to hurl, though?

Onederland.

Ugh. It's way too cutesy and overused.

Yep. I have a couple of dear friends who put a LOT of stock into that term, though, so I try to keep my eye-rolling as inaudible as possible. But as soon as anyone types it out as ONEderland or ONE-derland, I have to excuse myself for a bit, because my eyes have done rolled themselves out of their sockets and are now on the floor, and I have to feel around for a while to retrieve them.