Spring Challenge

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Toots - that sounds so good! And Jen - filet mignon?? I'm droolin' and it's not even 9 a.m. yet :laugh: How's everyone doing? Spring is coming - we are getting some warmer weather and I am loving it. However, I am having a hard, hard time getting out of bed in the morning. I haven't even managed to dry my hair before going to work once this week I've been running so late. :blushing: I hate going to work this time of year. I want to spring clean, read, enjoy the warmer weather, get outside! Especially since I know that this is just a brief foray into spring and old man winter still has some surprises in store for us here in MT. Ugh. Oh, well. :) Just keep on keepin' on. Can't wait for the wild asparagus to grow at the in-laws and for the morel mushrooms to sprout up there. My spring treat - scrambled eggs with morels and wild asparagus. Yummmmm.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Toots - that sounds so good! And Jen - filet mignon?? I'm droolin' and it's not even 9 a.m. yet :laugh: How's everyone doing? Spring is coming - we are getting some warmer weather and I am loving it. However, I am having a hard, hard time getting out of bed in the morning. I haven't even managed to dry my hair before going to work once this week I've been running so late. :blushing: I hate going to work this time of year. I want to spring clean, read, enjoy the warmer weather, get outside! Especially since I know that this is just a brief foray into spring and old man winter still has some surprises in store for us here in MT. Ugh. Oh, well. :) Just keep on keepin' on. Can't wait for the wild asparagus to grow at the in-laws and for the morel mushrooms to sprout up there. My spring treat - scrambled eggs with morels and wild asparagus. Yummmmm.

I am loooooving this weather! It was 70 today here in north Texas! It's been cold and rainy and icky for a while. It felt sooo good to get out in just a t-shirt and short pants and go walking along the trail by my apartment. I went to the gym earlier today, then came home and made lunch. I left to walk to the supermarket but took the 45 minute way around walking through the park. (The supermarket is basically a block away :laugh: ) Now I'm about to settle in, watch American Idol and Survivor. It's still nice out even though it's dark, so I've got my doors and windows open.

Sorry if it seems like I'm rubbing it in to some of you colder weather folks. I'm one of those people whose moods are effected by the weather. Even one day of gloomy clouds and rain gets me down. So I am really relishing this weather.
  • MTGirl
    Oh - enjoy the weather toots! Sounds wonderful. It was in the low 50's here and sunny - which is awesome for the first week of March! I really needed sunshine - it's been a loooooong winter.
  • toots99
    Oh it's so nice out again! I just hit the gym, and I am thinking I am going to go for another walk outside before I've gotta get ready and head to work.

Have a great weekend! :drinker:
  • toots99
    Hope you're all hanging in here...so far so good!
  • MTGirl
    Hey everyone! It's Sunday again!! Only 2 more weeks in our challenge. We'll have to start another thread then :laugh: I like our little community here!

Finished week 1 of the Couch to 5K. Woohoo! Didn't lose any weight last week, but that's because I ate stuff I shouldn't have. I think my gain is mostly water so I will wait until my Wed. weigh in to log my weight.

My goals for this week are to do week 2 of C25K and do 2 or 3 days of my new BL video. I'm not motivated to do the old one anymore, so maybe need to change it up a little. I'm also going to register my daughter and myself for the Montana Women's Run in May - this year I will run the 2 miles. I'll be done or almost done with the C25K then, so I know I will be able to do that. Then I will do a 5K in June. Fun stuff!! :heart:

Hope you all are rockin' along - have a great week!
  • toots99
    I did pretty well all weekend, overall. I splurged and had some cookies last night, but I purposely bought a small package of cookies instead of a big one.

Here's to a great week! :drinker:
  • toots99
    I tried really hard to be good all weekend, and it paid off...I'm down 3 lbs! :drinker: :drinker:
  • MTGirl
    Yay Toots!! That is awesome! Sounds like you are on a roll. :glasses:

I'm having some issues recently - was doing really well until about the middle of last week - had great energy, felt good, was easy to make good choices. Then I started eating sugar stuff. And holy cow! Not pretty - I'm tired, cranky, no energy, can't seem to pull it together and make good choices. Yow. So I decided to give up sugar and sweeteners for the rest of Lent. And potatos. We'll see what happens!
  • JennSchn
    JennSchn Posts: 65
    Wow!! I wish I could have that motivation. Good job. Send us your weather!!
    I give up for weekends. I just eat what we have but not go overboard on junk.
    I just ordered a Polar watch and am so excited to get it. I am getting the polar 60ft with the foot pod so it can help motivate with our c25k :bigsmile:
  • MTGirl
    Wow!! I wish I could have that motivation. Good job. Send us your weather!!
    I give up for weekends. I just eat what we have but not go overboard on junk.
    I just ordered a Polar watch and am so excited to get it. I am getting the polar 60ft with the foot pod so it can help motivate with our c25k :bigsmile:

That sounds awesome! I want to get the Polar FT7 so bad. But, yet again, can't right now. DH hasn't been paid in 3 months, our freezer quit last week and the pump went out on our dishwasher (brand new!) Friday. Ugh. At least the dishwasher will get replaced free! Sorry darlin' - gonna keep the sunshine. :devil: You guys should be getting some??? I hope for your sake! This winter was waaaayyyyy to long. Let me know how you like your Polar!
  • JennSchn
    JennSchn Posts: 65
    I will let you know when I get it how I like it. I went with the ft60 because I want the foot pod because of the c25k.
  • toots99
    What's a foot pod?
  • MTGirl
    What's a foot pod?

I don't exactly know what it looks like - I'm sure if you look on the polarusa site you could see one - but it works with the HRM to track distance and speed when you are running.
  • toots99
    Interesting.

Had a bit of a cheat day today, but I'm okay with that...it was my day off from work and I haven't cheated in a while. Tomorrow, back on the wagon. :drinker:
  • MTGirl
    Weighed in this a.m. - up .6 lbs. Not worried, I am really sore from the workout I did yesterday a.m. I did my new Biggest Loser 30 Jump Start - and I think I am responding to the different exercises. Also - had double the normal amount of fiber for me on Mon and Tues. So I'm thinking I may weigh in tomorrow since todays a rest day. Other than that - will check in Sun again. Happy hump day everyone!! :)
  • A foot pod goes in your shoe and transmits how many miles you walk everyday to your ipod or whatever it syncs with. I gave up on the couch 25k. I did 4 weeks of it. My knees were kind of huring after the 3rd week and REALLY hurting after the 4th. I am just going to stick to walking. I have been walking 5k the days it hasn't been cold or rainy (even when I was out of town). I just came back from texas. The weather is beautiful there. 58 here today. Warm enough to walk 3 miles!!
  • MTGirl
    Good for you Hot Momma!! We have to take care of our bodies. If running bothers your knees - then walking works. Or swimming. Or whatever :)

Can't wait for Spring! It's cold today, and cloudy. But Friday is supposed to be 60. I love it when it starts to warm up!
  • toots99
    Every night I bring dinner to work so I'm not tempted to at my restaurant's food...and tonight I was just too busy to eat. So I came home, stashed away my dinner for tomorrow, and I'm emjpying a cold beer, with some pretzels and low-fat sour cream, and it's all accounted for.

Ohhhh, it's the small things in life that make me happy. :drinker: :drinker:
  • MTGirl
    Nice Toots! Sometimes I wish I liked beer. Then I come to my senses! :laugh: Hope you enjoyed it! Simple pleasures - can't beat 'em.
This discussion has been closed.