double check your weight?

Options

Replies

• fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I only do it if my weight seems very strange. For example, the other day I weighed on the Wii and I had lost two pounds overnight. I thought that can't be right and but the next time my BMI was even lower (weight same). Most of the time the wii is accurate so I only weigh once.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in once a month, but I get on and off the scale three times on weigh-in-day just to triple check the number. :laugh:
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I always double check when I weigh-in. Just to be 100%. :wink:

Guilty...true story!
  • paprs
    paprs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that most digital scales store the last recorded weight in memory and don't change it unless the next weigh-in is different by a certain amount (might be a half pound, but varies from scale to scale).

When I weigh myself, I first step on the scale with a 5 or 10 lb weight to recalibrate the scale's memory. THEN, I step on it again, and sure enough -- I get a much more accurate reading!
  • Jormesher
    Jormesher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Jennifer and I am a "double checker". LOL!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that most digital scales store the last recorded weight in memory and don't change it unless the next weigh-in is different by a certain amount (might be a half pound, but varies from scale to scale).

When I weigh myself, I first step on the scale with a 5 or 10 lb weight to recalibrate the scale's memory. THEN, I step on it again, and sure enough -- I get a much more accurate reading!

I was not aware of the memory thing, think I will give your extra weight tip a go tomorrow morning, thanks
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    guilty at least 4 or 5 times
    every time
    I weigh
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    all the time!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice to see if the numbers are the same but on a rare occasion it will act up like your scales and read several different readings so I just use the lowest one and it is usually correct. Try not to stress over it because the next day it should read correctly for you
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    :huh: I think you may need a new scale. My scale gives me the same weight no matter how many times I step on it, unless it's been moved in between times I stood on it.
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would drive myself crazy if I weighed everyday. I weigh once a week (every Friday morning) before breakfast. I weigh on the same scale and I work at a hospital so I have faith in the scale. Some weeks I lose and some weeks I don't. Thankfully I haven't actually gained anything back (yet).
  • tamarasauras
    Options
    I think the weather may have something to do with it? Mine just started doing it this week. I weigh myself first thing in the morning after potty and at night before I take a shower. The batteries might be chilled, or my scales might be tired of me standing on it, LOL!
  • 0Karina0
    0Karina0 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Mine used to do that, not anymore, it usually happened whenever i had a heavy dinner the day before or if i didnt have bowel movement, sometimes is just water weight or just our (women) hormones : )
  • Jewbe
    Jewbe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When my digital scale does this it means it needs a new battery. As soon as I change it, the reading will be the same no matter how many times I step on it.

Hope this helps!
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    :huh: I think you may need a new scale. My scale gives me the same weight no matter how many times I step on it, unless it's been moved in between times I stood on it.

ya, it moves. our bathroom is tiny so when not in use, it is standing up against the cabinet and i pull it out to weigh myselft
  • PiperMommy11
    Options
    This thread has made me feel so much better about myself and not so OCD. LOL i'm not alone in my multitude of weighing. :)
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This thread has made me feel so much better about myself and not so OCD. LOL i'm not alone in my multitude of weighing. :)

hahah glad i could help :]
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Guilty! I also step on step off a few times and take the average.
  • reankanesmom
    reankanesmom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with the scale. In fact it's honestly an unhealthy relationship with it. I weight daily sometimes twice a day once in the morning and once at night to see how bad my body is fluctuating. I do not use any of those as real weigh ins. I weigh in on Sunday-Sunday and record that change.
  • isitsororo
    Options
    I usually don't, but I should (I weigh every day). Thanks for reminding me.