Relationship advice...Please!

Options
123457»

Replies

• BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    Love ya self, if this hurts you still after 1 yr.... in 2 yrs its not going to get any better... If he can say tht .. (like I've read in other comments.....hes probally already had an adventure with her).. kinda like hes knows what he wants or could have...... let em be friends.. but me personal I may introduce him to a NEW male friend you jus happen to know and wana know better... I feel for ya this is tuff... but im sure you deseve better!! good luck...
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a douche. Did you ask him about it?

Yes i confronted him about it, and he said he was just trying to boost her self-esteem

It depends. I have a few guy friends that I might say something similar to, if he was down in the dumps and needed a lift. But my husband KNOWS I would never touch anyone other than him with a ten-foot pole, and we are extremely secure in our relationship. So I would probably be ok with my husband saying that to a lady friend.

But if your man has a history of being shady, or if he is very "close" to the girl he said it to...you might have a problem on your hands. Without knowing more about your SO and your relationship with him, it's hard to say more.
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think this is less about him then about you. If for a whole year this has been bothering you & you can't seem to just trust him then regardless of what the content of the conversation was he is not the right one, as corny as that sounds. One sentence does not make you doubt someone for a year. There must have been other actions, small or big, that would prevent you from forgetting that comment.

Asking him to stop being friends with her, or spending less time with her, will not fix anything. What will you do if he has another female friend, are you going to ask him to have only male friends from now on.

I have male friends and they have said thing like, you look great, attractive, or someone is a *kitten* for treating me badly or other things that could be construe ‘inappropriate’ if they are not single. Some of those comments have been with their gf or wives present and it has never been an issue. I think it’s because there is trust & also understanding about the reason for the comment, i.e. make a friend feel better nothing more, not make their partners feel worse.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    he did send other females messages that i didnt approve of like " there's something about you i really love"....sooooo......yeh

This is what sticks out to me way more than the comment in your original post.

If this is part of a pattern, you have every right to be concerned.

Life is too short to waste on someone you can't trust.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but that's just sad. Maybe you're the one that doesn't deserve him? Why is it so wrong for people to have friends of the opposite gender AND compliment them?

Sweet heart, there is a BIG difference between complimenting and flirting.... a complement would sound like " thats a ncie dress","ur hairs looks nice"... but that statement was NOT simply a compliment.....
    "Maybe youre the one that doesnt deserve him"? PUHLLZZZ.... who even mentioned that he doesnt deserve me.... anyway thats ur opinion, however silly i find it to be.