What did you do on your 21st birthday?

Options
know_your_worth
know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
I'll be 21 this month. I don't really feel like going out or anything though. People are shocked :huh:

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the legal drinking age thing?

How did you celebrate your 21st?

Replies

• PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'll be 21 this month. I don't really feel like going out or anything though. People are shocked :huh:

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the legal drinking age thing?

How did you celebrate your 21st?

I was 8 months knocked-up and it was a Tuesday, so I had to work... After work. I waddled myself to the car so the hubby could take me out to dinner and ended the night with my feet proped up on his lap while he massaged them... And massaging always leads to fun... :)
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    If it was on the weekend I would have been fishing. Honestly, it was so unremarkable, that I don't remember.

I did NOT drink a drop of alcohol that day though.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My dad's side of the family are drinkers and party people. I started at a young age and was dating a bartender at 19 so turning 21 wasn't a big deal. But it ended up being like a week long birthday celebration. We went to bars and strip clubs. My birthday is July 4th but I went to Vegas in January because that's the only time it worked for everyone to go.

Now at the ripe old age of 22, I hardly ever go out to bars or just out drinking in general.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Here legal drinking age is 18.
    I had a house party with all of my friends. Bought a box of beers and had a fun evening with alcohol and cake... Spent my first day as a legal adult totally hungover. :)
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    21 hmmm I was at home with my 2month old baby...there may or may not have been cake....those days are a blur.

Mind you legal drinking age here is 19, A quick hop into QC and its 18. so we went to bars.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    21st birthday? I hung out with some friends and had a few drinks.

Legal age is 19 here though. That night I went to my first bar and got hammered. Not as glamourous as it sounds though.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I went out and bar hopped and probably had a total of 3 drinks that entire night. Wasn't all that special. Now my 24th birthday was my favorite. And all it involved was a bonfire, smores, and hard cider. I'm a simple girl. The party scene really isn't my thing.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I went to school in South Jersey so we got a whole group together and went to Atlantic City (we still get together there once or twice a year for a sh!tshow time.) Got gussied up, plastered fake mustaches on, and dry humped our way into every bar, maneuvered around the boardwalk, and had the MOTHER OF ALL HANGOVERS the next day. It was awesome.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    A detailed account of my 21st would probably violate every forum posting guideline on MFP. It was nice ;)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I was 7 months pregnant and my husband forgot my birthday....

It was tons of fun, to say the least.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    OH lordy I was dating this lame guy.

He made me stir fry at his house. It wasn't even good stir fry. He put RAISINS AND COCONUT in it.

I had to beg him to take me to Applebees so I could buy myself a beer.
    Add this to the fact he made horsey noises. We were shortly after "just friends"
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    OH lordy I was dating this lame guy.

He made me stir fry at his house. It wasn't even good stir fry. He put RAISINS AND COCONUT in it.

I had to beg him to take me to Applebees so I could buy myself a beer.
    Add this to the fact he made horsey noises. We were shortly after "just friends"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    JellyRolls dueling piano bar in Atlanta. Sat on the piano while they sang to me. I was a good little Mormon girl so they bought me a shirley temple.

Now, I continue to make up for the lack of drinking on my 21st birthday... :drinker:
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    I went out to a local bar and got a buzz. My 22nd on the other hand, wasted.
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Drank a cup of coffee with my father. The same at 22. And it'll be the same next week. I'm not much of a birthday person, the whole concept is odd to me. Plus I never remember anyone elses, so I don't want them to make a big deal out of mine.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    my birthday is on jan 1, so i was able to start drinking at the new years eve party i went to at midnight... then the next day, my family took me out to dinner.

then it got weird. my bff and i went to a pool hall that had a bar in it. my friend and i drank all night for free. we got so drunk we started fighting with each other, just drunken stupidity. we ended up wrestling in a mud puddle while all the guys watched. at one point she shoved my face into the puddle and yelled "your heads in a puddle and you like it!" at this point i got up picked her up and slammed her down into the puddle. it was then that the boys separated us. i yelled at her, she yelled at me. i got my purse and left the party, walking thru this very shady neighborhood. i was less than a mile from down town where i could get a cab to take me home. i'm really drunk, crying, stumbling all over the place. then my bff showed up, and insisted i get in the car. i got in because i was freezing. the driver took us to my friends house where i passed out face first in her closet.

terrible hangover.... if i had it to do over, i would have drank a lot less... getting black out drunk is never a good idea...

have safe and sane fun on your birthday :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Mine was very low-key.

I was a bridesmaid in a close friend's wedding out of state the day after, so another friend and I drove from NY to Maryland to my aunt and uncle's house (where we were staying) and then my cousin came over and we went for dinner and then to a bar at a restaurant (since I was the only legal drinker in the group!) and I ordered my first ever legal drink. Then we went back to my aunt and uncle's house.

I've never been much of a partier or drinker, anyway. I enjoyed myself. I just wanted to buy that first legal drink and I did. :-)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I was underwater on a submarine.

Not much party potential. I don't recommend it.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Not sure, I would assume I was home being a Mommy.