What did you do on your 21st birthday?

Options

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I really hate birthdays. My boyfriend convinced me to at least go to applebees for dinner and my first legal drink (I just turned 21 in April), but I didn't do anything else otherwise.

ETA: Oh, I also went skydiving like a week or two before my birthday and just told people it was a birthday thing to keep them from begging to party or whatever. I already had the plans before even considering what I was doing for my birthday though.
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My 21st was spent in Melbourne while I was backpacking, drinking random cheap stuff with lots of international nomads haha.

21 isn't a big deal, though as our drinking age is 18. I had my Higher Maths exam on my 18th and then went to see Less Than Jake at the Barrowlands ... don't think there was any drink involved, but then again, I'd been drinking long before I turned 18 anyway so it wasn't really a big deal haha
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I went on holiday to Florida with my parents and a friend (who also had a bday that trip but she was only 20, ha!)

Spent the day at Busch Gardens, and TOM decided to visit - the *kitten*. I left my painkillers in the apartment and was doubled over so had to go to the first aid station for tablets. OF COURSE there were two young guys behind the counter, and I had to sign a big book to state name, age, country and what I wanted medication for. Cringe. I don't know who was more embarrassed, though I'm sure it was me.

I felt so bad that on the way back to the apartment I said no to getting a cake out of Publix and went to a naff restaurant for dinner. Didn't even have any alcohol.

But on the plus side, I was on holiday in a different country, so that was cool. God, was it really 9 years ago?
  • kittyhug1986
    kittyhug1986 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to celebrate.... I had a college test to study for then had to be up early for work the next morning so it was work all day, dinner, studying, and bed... not the best 21st birthday on record.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The legal drinking age in my country is 19, so the 21st birthday isn't big up here.
    I honestly can't even remember what I did for my 21st...I remember I got a Nintendo DSi though :laugh: (because I'm a gaming nerd still)

19th drinky birthday was the jizz!
    My boyfriend organized a surprise party with my family (we live 2 hours away from everyone, they all came down here) at my favourite restaurant, he decorated the restaurant and decorated our apartment while I was out, baked me a cake, gave me a beautiful necklace and i think I blew $250 at the liquor store.
    IT WAS A CELEBRATION.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had just fond out I was pregnant, so nothing exciting at all. I think I went to dinner.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I don't remember. I'm told there was hot sauce shots involved. And puking of said hot sauce into my own eyes. It's all a blur (pun totally intended).
  • UhOhItsKylie
    UhOhItsKylie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in January. We very rarely get harsh winter weather here in Oklahoma, but there has been a snow and/or ice storm on about 7-8 out of 24 of my birthdays. So, needless to say... there was an ice storm on my 21st and the whole town shut down except for a Chili's. Me, my parents, and a couple of friends went and ate dinner and I had 2 long islands. It was a pretty wild night! Haha.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    rode a bull, got real drunk, had a few lap dances and puked in a hot tub.....................then went out and partied
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My family threw me a surprise bday with strippers. LOL
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I don't remember.....
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend took me out to my favorite restaurant, and I ordered plum wine. <3
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Legal age is 18 here. On my 21st I was 2 weeks away from my due date, my mum arranged a surprise party for me at the local social club with lots of family and friends and even my terminally ill grandfather, who died 4 weeks later, came to see me. It wasn't anything too special or expensive but it is one of my favourite birthdays ever. My birthday is January so people are usually recovering from Christmas/New Years to be able to afford to do anything
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    I'll be 21 this month. I don't really feel like going out or anything though. People are shocked :huh:

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the legal drinking age thing?

How did you celebrate your 21st?

All i know is....I left the house and woke up at another house. At least that's what they told me.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    It seems like I worked all night. That was 15 years ago so it's hard to recall but I'm pretty sure I was on 2nd shift and worked all night. I didn't care about the drinking thing either. Not like age had ever stopped me before. Happy birthday :drinker:
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I actually snuck into a bar at a Chinese restaurant the night before I turned 21 and got so black out drunk on scorpion bowls and double shots of Red Death, that I spent my birthday not wanting to touch alcohol at all.

edit- only time I've ever blacked out drinking lol
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    What did I do on my 21ist birthday?

I turned 21
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I ate a meal with my parents, had a drink with a couple of friends (one drink), then spent time with my boyfriend.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    .... I don't... nope... I don't remember. :drinker:
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    My birthday was on a Sunday and I was older than most of my friends at the time, so I had a Pina Colada when my parents took me to dinner and called it a night.