What did you do on your 21st birthday?

Options

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It was just another day at home for me. I've never been the party type, hell I don't even like being around people for long periods of time. I still firmly believe I was born 40. Well, at least a very boring 40 year old.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    let's just say that it was better than the stir fry one but not nearly as good/fun as most.
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait that day. No drinking games for me.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Just went to dinner, and back home to watch a movie with my husband. Exciting I know.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    OH lordy I was dating this lame guy.

He made me stir fry at his house. It wasn't even good stir fry. He put RAISINS AND COCONUT in it.

I had to beg him to take me to Applebees so I could buy myself a beer.
    Add this to the fact he made horsey noises. We were shortly after "just friends"

I still shudder thinking of that. The only guy I ever dated where all my friends were like "you aren't with him, right?"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    It's been 20 years. . . I remember bar hopping in my college town...running into a PhD candidate who had been my instructor the semester before. . .and smooching with him before the evening ended. Probably not my finest hours!!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Mine was on a Saturday.. Got completely wasted and ate like a pig. Then again I was still chunky and had not started my weightloss "journey".
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It was just another day at home for me. I've never been the party type, hell I don't even like being around people for long periods of time. I still firmly believe I was born 40. Well, at least a very boring 40 year old.

:yawn: I feel the same!
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    We had 3 feet of snow and i had the flu. lol... i slept. and when i didnt i had waking fever dreams.... what a great birthday lololol....

it didnt even bother me, bc like you, i did not then, and now 8 years later, still do not, care about drinking... i think its lame. not fun for me. but then again im a smoker.. ;-)
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Mine was on a Friday. I went to Vegas for a few days. Wasn't that expensive since I have family there :)
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Went camping... I popped some Herbal pills from where I worked. it chilled me out and made the birthday back rub from the girls so nice. then I shotgunned a 5th of Tequila, that's when the ground started moving and the Sheriffs arrived. So me and one of the sheriffs used a flare to start our fire since we were all to drink to figure it out. the rest was a blur and I woke up in a tent with my ex and her best friend.

I know... lame, you should do something cool
  • Snikkee
    Snikkee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I was pregnant. :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    party bus...dancing,,shots.. :)
  • conraj74
    conraj74 Posts: 182
    Options
    I remember people buying me shots... It gets kind of blurry after that.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I had only been married for about 2 months.......so I probably had lots and lots of sex.
  • I didn't really have many friends at the time. My birthday is also at a time when a lot of people are either out of town or completely done with partying for a while (birthday is January 2.) I went to Applebee's with like, 3 people. Drank a little bit. Went home. That was it.

My 22nd birthday was even more lame than that.

Fingers crossed for a better 23rd?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Went out to dinner with friends...

I know, I know. I'm lame. :yawn:
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I lost my 17 year old brother in a nightclub full of 4000 people he went home with an older woman (the skank). I was very drunk and had to explain to my mother where he had gone...
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Pssh, you're not alone. I'm almost 27 and I've never tasted alcohol! I have no interest in drinking.

When I was 21, I had a two-day celebration. I spent my birthday quietly with my family because that's what I prefer.

On the other day, I spent all day with my now husband and we went all over the area and visited different local coffee shops to try different coffees and support local businesses. :) Best. Birthday. Gift. Ever! It was fun spending time on the road with him and enjoying different local flavors. It's now a tradition. :) Plus, it's great since my birthday is right after Christmas; the roads aren't as busy and local businesses aren't as crowded around here then. :)
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My 21st birthday was on a Sunday. Saturday night I drank it up with friends... got pretty plastered. Ended up at a bar/dance club after midnight (since I couldn't get in until then.) I was told I danced on a pole on stage. I don't remember that happening. :ohwell: