Binge eating - anorexia's best friend, it seems

Options
1235»

Replies

• rachelatua
    Options
    Hi, I haven't read all of the responses so I apologize if anything I say is redundant. I have been where you are...and I know how awful it is. I struggled with anorexia and bulimia through most of high school and college. I was also severely underweight and didnt even have a period at all for about 2 years. When I finally decided to recover, GOD was my biggest ally. It's hard for anybody who hasn't been through it to know how emotionally devastating an eating disorder (and the recovery) can be. During those early days of recovery, I struggled with binging too. The way I dealt with it was by allowing myself to have unlimited fruits and vegetables without counting the calories at all. So I ended up binging on those and feeling completely miserable almost every night, but the guilt was less intense and over time, it did get much better! I'm now 28 (about 5 years past recovery) and despite all those early binges and weight fluctuations, I'm not overweight today. That was definitely the fear early on that I would go from being emaciated to obese. I'm 5'5" and 124lbs. If you want to talk or just vent with somebody who's been there, please don't hesitate to send me a message. You can make it through this!