Once I got dumped for

Options

Replies

• bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I was dumped because I was getting "too thin" mind you I was 250 pounds at the time....:noway: Oh well, it was a blessing in disguise because having sex with him was like bumping into someone in the elevator. Gone in 60 seconds. :laugh:
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I got dumped at my grandpa's funeral because.... "You've been so depressed lately, and I don't know what to do to cheer you up"

Ughhh. This was my first boyfriend :)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I got dumped at my grandpa's funeral because.... "You've been so depressed lately, and I don't know what to do to cheer you up"

Ughhh. This was my first boyfriend :)

:noway: Ugh, he's a loser.
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    got dumped via 15 second telephone call saying she was seeing someone else. Then the guy steals her car, purse and all her credit cards, maxes them out, leaves her car in the ghetto and is never heard from again. She calls me back and says she made a mistake and wanted me back.

I laughed...hard.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I once got dumped because my boyfriend realized he wanted to have sex with me...........................and apparently him wanting that was not okay with him. So he dumped me - at 3am - over a text message - on my friends phone.............yeah
    Don't really understand this..
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    He decided to become a Jehovahs Witness and told me I was going to burn in hell for having premarital sex. With him..... :noway:

Noooooo,...he just lied. Jehovahs Witnesses dont believe in Hell the way others do.People will make up any stupid excuss to break up!

Oh, and I got dumped because he had fallen in looooove w/ someone ....a year later they got engaged,...then he dumped Her!!,..he's now gay.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    There are COUNTLESS studies that showcase sex before marriage is integral to healthy intimacy during marriage.

Ridiculous; by that logic no one who has ever waited for marriage has a good sex life because they didn't "practice" beforehand. To me, that sounds like a way for people to justify sexual promiscuity, no matter what your opinion about premarital sex for religious reasons. I do not believe in premarital sex and my husband and I have a wonderful, intimate, loving, fulfilling, healthy sex life. I had zero experience until him and neither he nor I regret it for a moment. Nor do I feel as though I am missing anything. In a committed relationship, sex is just as much about your feelings for your partner as it is about the physical aspect of things; it's got nothing to do with how practiced you are.

It's not a matter of "practice," it's been established as a manner of sexual compatibility. The idea that "committed relationship sex" gets constantly grouped with "promiscuous sex" is mind boggling to me (See: Jordan Sparks famously saying if you weren't wearing a purity ring, you were a "slut"). You are very lucky that you and your husband managed to click so well... that is not the case for countless couples who have ended up in sexless marriages (not by choice, as asexual couples are a different ballgame), cases of infidelity, and divorces.

If you decide to do that, it's FINE. The issue was the original topic being broached as being "safer" and therefore "better" than having sex before marriage, when that's just not the case. Also, reading "abstinence only" (something that has been proven to have a bigger failure rate than D.A.R.E, which is a notoriously huge fail) factsheets and information is about as biased as it comes. Try reading, I don't know, scientific studies, government sponsored research, etc. All of it points to abstinence only education being downright dangerous, and look up countless psychological studies, relationship surveys, therapist Q & A, etc. that showcase that being sexually intimate prior to marriage strengthens intimacy between a couple, helps a couple determine if they are sexually compatible, etc.

Plus, you know, not everyone gets married... or can get married, but may still be in a committed relationship. I think we all know where the "SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE = EVIL" advocates stand on those issues though -_-

The phrase "sexually compatible" is a made-up term designed to excuse the rest of the world from throwing away morals. There's no such thing as "sexual compatibility". Screw your 'studies', I have something better. Try HISTORY. There are countless marriages that happened before 60's and the "Free love" movement that were abstinent until marriage and were completely healthy and happy for many many years. Theory debunked. Next.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Not dumped or anything, but I've refused to go on second dates with guys who smelled of marriage, a house in the suburbs, 2 kids, and a big dog.
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @LorinaLynn- LMFAO!
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Not dumped or anything, but I've refused to go on second dates with guys who smelled of marriage, a house in the suburbs, 2 kids, and a big dog.
    Hahahah quite an odor
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    His mommy wanted him to move back home with her and his brothers.

And Diablo 3 was coming out so he wanted to move home and play it with them, and expected me to be okay with that - after living together for three years without a break or anything like that.

He didn't understand why I said I resented him and wasn't in love with him anymore, so he told me to find someone else. LOL.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    He decided to become a Jehovahs Witness and told me I was going to burn in hell for having premarital sex. With him..... :noway:
    WHAT.

LMFAO ... so funny because i can totally relate!!!
    i broke up with a guy then a year or so later i saw him and he like ran away .. then i realized he was doing everything in his power to avoid me ... i thought that was weird like why run away why not even a hello?

so i asked a mutual friend of ours and he said “The day after you dumped him he turned to god because he was having a really hard time with loosing you and is now a hard core jahovahs witness, he says he doesnt want to see you or talk to you because he is committed to his religion and seeing you makes him feel like a sinner, he says he isnt the person he was when he was with you and he doesnt want to be that person again”

-__- seriously... ok... -__-
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    haha i've never actually had a real boyfriend...i don't count the 3 day ones in jr high, and i was always the one to do the breaking up;D
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I got dumped because I went out with my friend who was single at the time. Apparently, there was an unspoken rule that I was only allowed to go out with my friends that were in relationships lol. WTF?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I got dumped because I wasn't Jewish. He knew this before he started dating me, but apparently, it didn't matter until his mom brought it up after I first met her.
  • daniel7121
    daniel7121 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    being too sweet??! Oh high school romances.. lol.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    being too sweet??! Oh high school romances.. lol.
    haha aaw. i like sweet guys!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    because a guy met a Lithuanian model who does magazine editorials and car commercials.

oh well.
  • SeahawkFan1
    Options
    Mine was after I dumped him but this the story: i was with this guy from an online dating site and it was kind of on and off and then when it was finally back on for a month, we split up for good and i one day texted him hi and some girl got a hold of my number and started yelling at me to stop texting him. Turned out before he met me, he was engaged and was taking a break and for that month that i got back with him, he was back engaged.
  • emzypemzy93
    Options
    Once i got dumped because my ex saw me in a pic with a dude with his arm around me on new year's eve... The guy was this gay guy i met on the night but he didn't believe me lol