Once I got dumped for

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I got dumped for doing "push-ups" with another guy. I honestly didn't even realize we were a thing! He told me not to fall in love with him because he was going back to Dallas. He came back, and I thought the rules were the same. Men. :ohwell:

Does "push ups" mean what I think it means?

Yep. My high school crush was flirting with me at a bar one night and asked me to come over to "listen to cd's". He was really boring, so it was a major letdown. My not-so-apparent boyfriend came home from work the next morning and was kidding around with me about getting laid that night. I told him to shut up, it was just like the guy was doing push-ups, so that's what he had to bring up. Every. Single. Time. "I'm not out doing push-ups with anyone else!" Ugh. I'm not a mindreader!
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Omg this made me laugh so hard!!
    Not crying when he 'pretended' to dump me. Confused? I was.

Guy: So I think this is it, we should go on a break, or break up.
    Me:"Oh, well, ok.

The Next Day

Guy calls me: I think we should break up.
    Me: I thought you did that yesterday?!
    Guy: That was a test, you didn't seem that upset about it so I decided it's for real now.
    Me: Oh. Wait what?!
  • editorkim
    editorkim Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    not letting him cheat on me.

Seriously, the only time I've been dumped, it went like this: My boyfriend and I were both 16 and had been dating about six months (this is a LONG time to a 16-year-old) when his mom made him move about an hour away with his dad, and his ex-girlfriend there (from sixth grade!) tried getting back with him. He told me how hot she was now, how she had this great *kitten* (although, he assured me, I had better boobs) and how he really wanted to sleep with her just one time. He promised he would never cheat on me again if I let him do it just once. He said he was young and needed to sow his wild oats. Needless to say, I told him no way, so he broke up with me. Well, he had his way with her, and he tried to get me back, but I was having none of it (although my poor teenaged heart was broken, I stood my ground). Well, he ended up staying with her for something like 7 or 8 years, and I found out it ended because SHE cheated on HIM. (I know this because he was my brother's best friend, and they've stayed in touch. Trust me, I'm over it and not a stalker!)

And happily, I met my now-husband the following summer, and we are going on 17 years (that's half our lives) together and are still crazy about each other. We're even told we still act like teenagers.

Karma, baby, karma.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    When I was 15, this guy was literally obsessed with me. He asked me out multiple times. I kept saying no. My sister thought he was just seriously adorable and told me I should give him a shot. I eventually decided that I'd see if we could make it work. About a week into the relationship he said to me "I'm so happy we're together. I don't even care, if you want to kiss/hug/makeout/sleep with (even though I was a virgin) someone else, that's fine, as long as you do the same with me"

WTF? Way to respect yourself buddy.

That was the end of that.
  • JoannaAndBlue
    JoannaAndBlue Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    There are COUNTLESS studies that showcase sex before marriage is integral to healthy intimacy during marriage.

Ridiculous; by that logic no one who has ever waited for marriage has a good sex life because they didn't "practice" beforehand. To me, that sounds like a way for people to justify sexual promiscuity, no matter what your opinion about premarital sex for religious reasons. I do not believe in premarital sex and my husband and I have a wonderful, intimate, loving, fulfilling, healthy sex life. I had zero experience until him and neither he nor I regret it for a moment. Nor do I feel as though I am missing anything. In a committed relationship, sex is just as much about your feelings for your partner as it is about the physical aspect of things; it's got nothing to do with how practiced you are.
    Good for you. Some people value good sex as an important aspect of a strong relationship, though. It's nothing to do with being promiscuous, not that there's anything wrong with that outside of a relationship. It's about exploring every aspect of your partner and finding out if you're truly compatible.

http://www.ampartnership.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=134:divorce-and-premarital-sex&catid=12:recent-news&Itemid=37

http://news-releases.uiowa.edu/2011/june/061411paik_study.html

http://www.marriageromance.com/stories/10802697703.htm
    Studies posted on sites that promote abstinence and marriage aren't likely to be biased at all...:laugh:

Where does that leave those of us that believe marriage is in antiquated and pointless institution? We should just never have sex because we don't feel the need to have a piece of paper that means nothing but says we've committed ourselves to one another?

This discussion could go back and forth all day. It's up to each person to make their decision, live with the result (good or bad), and hopefully everyone can respect other's decisions. I was simply trying to clarify that JW's do not believe in hell fire, didn't mean to open a can of worms. Let's get back to respecting each other and maybe go work out any remaining frustrations at the gym tonight. :smile:
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    How did this turn into a debate? :noway:
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Once I got dumped for a man...by my husband.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I got dumped, oh wait, make that divorced, and I still don't know the reason. No reason is worse than a stupid reason. i wish she'd just say she hates me or something.
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I dumped a crosseyed girl once... she was seeing someone else.

WOW! I love it! :laugh:
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    bump to read later
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    she worked at my sister's salon, and said it was weird dating her 'boss's' brother

they never work at the same time, and my sister isn't her boss, she just owns the salon.

oh, and the only reason we even knew each other in the first place was BECAUSE she works at my sister's salon
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I dumped a guy that I didn't realize I was dating..... yeah (that is what it's supposed to say) lol

We were in HS, we hung out a lot, but we had never kissed, never held hands, never went on a date or anything, we would just hang out at his house and play video games. I thought we were just good friends, heck, to be honest I thought he was gay...

So one day he came into where I worked (which he did a lot, my boss really liked him) So the three of us are standing there talking and I said, 'hey I'm not coming over Friday, I have a date" And he looks at me and says "so I guess that means you're breaking up with me?" I said, "I didn't realize we were...." (how do you reply to that???) and he said whatever and left. My boss cracked up over that and was like "You just broke his heart, how could you have not known you were dating him". lol

I've had that happen, too. I had no idea we were "an item," until more than a year later. He was a nice enough guy, but I guess he made too many assumptions? If we're going to be a couple, you should probably at least ask me.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I dumped a guy that I didn't realize I was dating..... yeah (that is what it's supposed to say) lol

We were in HS, we hung out a lot, but we had never kissed, never held hands, never went on a date or anything, we would just hang out at his house and play video games. I thought we were just good friends, heck, to be honest I thought he was gay...

So one day he came into where I worked (which he did a lot, my boss really liked him) So the three of us are standing there talking and I said, 'hey I'm not coming over Friday, I have a date" And he looks at me and says "so I guess that means you're breaking up with me?" I said, "I didn't realize we were...." (how do you reply to that???) and he said whatever and left. My boss cracked up over that and was like "You just broke his heart, how could you have not known you were dating him". lol

I've had that happen, too. I had no idea we were "an item," until more than a year later. He was a nice enough guy, but I guess he made too many assumptions? If we're going to be a couple, you should probably at least ask me.

This is the classic woman saying, "were just friends". All guys know that there is no such thing. LOL.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I can't say it's the "reason" we broke up but my best/worst break up story was, he was MIA for a week (not calling, not coming into my work) so I stopped by his house to ask what's up and he says "Emily, we broke up a week ago".....um where was I? He ended up marrying the chick that happened to be at his house when I stopped by
  • MySweetPotato
    MySweetPotato Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm always the one breaking it up. But once I got dumped by the same guy I dumped before for absolutely no reason. I think he needed "revenge". lol
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options
    This happened to me too! I didn't mind him buying me dinner or taking my shopping. But after only about a month of dating, he wanted to pay my cell bill, have me quit my job, and didn't like me going to school. That's borderline controlling! So, needless to say, it didn't work out. I continue to pay all of my own bills and my friends don't understand why I didn't just let him pay for everything. lol

Borderline controlling? You are too generous. I nearly had a panic attack just reading that, and I wasn't even involved.
  • tristalamothe
    tristalamothe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Once I got dumped for my best friend... because she had bigger boobs :cry:

BUT even though she's no longer my best friend and still has bigger boobs.... she also has a bigger *kitten* :laugh:

I WIN!

I should add that this was all at age 14, I started dating my now husband when I was 15.

good for you, girl!
  • tristalamothe
    tristalamothe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I got dumped because my Mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer (she has passed away now), and my boyfriend at the time told me I was too sad all the time. Some people's children, I tell you.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    Options

This is the classic woman saying, "were just friends". All guys know that there is no such thing. LOL.

I suppose. I've had lots of guy friends that were never more than friends. Many of them are also friends with my husband. But this fellow should have at least asked me to be his girlfriend, or even told me I was his girlfriend (I've had one boy do that successfully, but normally that would be an instant no, unless as in the case of that one boy the aggressiveness rather did it for me), but just assuming boyfriend status without ever mentioning it? That is assuming too much. And you know what they say about assuming.