Once I got dumped for

Options

Replies

• llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    My best friend dumped my first boyfriend for me, in 8th grade-- On a three-way call, while I listened in and pretended not to be there.

Ah, memories.
    those were the best calls. no one even likes to talk on the phone anymore
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I've never been dumped. Thanks to self confidence issues I always dated below me (I won't have that issue again (: ). I've been single for almost three years now and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

When I broke up with the last guy I dated the conversation leading up to the break up went something like this.

Him: "I'm in love with my ex" (a girl who had dumped him before and was freaking out about her impending marriage to a guy she didn't want to marry.. WTF?)
    Me: ... okay... What does that mean?
    Him: Well, I don't want to break up with you because you are still a good option!
    Me: ...

Yes, even after that I gave it a week and then called him the day before my 25th b-day that we were done. I spent the week between the two conversations mourning the relationship so by the time I broke it off, heart of ice baby, we are done. I use to put up with crazy amounts of crap but when I got to the point that I was done nothing could change my mind. Done was done. Hince, why I am the one who always did the breaking up. Ice queen, right here.
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    Options
    Unfortunately I only dumped him 4 years and two kids later, but my ex, when we were dating, told me that he had gone out with lots of better looking women, but he liked my personality! HOW was that not a dumping signal right there??? I hope I'm not so blind now! (Not that it matters, my sweetheart and I are celebrating 20 years this February!)
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I've never been dumped. Thanks to self confidence issues I always dated below me (I won't have that issue again (: ). I've been single for almost three years now and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

When I broke up with the last guy I dated the conversation leading up to the break up went something like this.

Him: "I'm in love with my ex" (a girl who had dumped him before and was freaking out about her impending marriage to a guy she didn't want to marry.. WTF?)
    Me: ... okay... What does that mean?
    Him: Well, I don't want to break up with you because you are still a good option!
    Me: ...

Yes, even after that I gave it a week and then called him the day before my 25th b-day that we were done. I spent the week between the two conversations mourning the relationship so by the time I broke it off, heart of ice baby, we are done. I use to put up with crazy amounts of crap but when I got to the point that I was done nothing could change my mind. Done was done. Hince, why I am the one who always did the breaking up. Ice queen, right here.
    I respect Ice Queens more than I do girls who stay in relationships they're not happy in.. just to have a guy.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I got dumped by a quiet girl from my class in college...by text...when I didn't even know we were supposed to be going out together & I hadn't even seen her in about a month...while I was on a date with someone else at the time. :huh:

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO!!!!

This guy and I were hanging out (and by this, I mean we were really just hanging out, no moves were made, no vibes were given we just had similar interests so we hung out) and one day he was like "You are a really cool person I just think we have different life philosophies. If you still want to hang out, I'd really like to be friends" and all I could think was "dude....we ARE just friends" So it was a really unexpected break up....since.... you know...I wasn't aware I was dating him.
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    He decided to become a Jehovahs Witness and told me I was going to burn in hell for having premarital sex. With him..... :noway:

Bahahahahaha!!
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Unfortunately I only dumped him 4 years and two kids later, but my ex, when we were dating, told me that he had gone out with lots of better looking women, but he liked my personality! HOW was that not a dumping signal right there??? I hope I'm not so blind now! (Not that it matters, my sweetheart and I are celebrating 20 years this February!)
    But is he celebrating 20 years with you, or your personality?

Just kidding congrats hahah
  • Subowski
    Options
    Jeez you guys are killing me....too funny.

I'm lucky enough not to have been the dump-ee too often - more often the dump-er, but I did once get rid of a guy (with the unfortunate name of Clint) who was a shocking kisser. Mouth wide open, all tongue and dribble like an enthusiastic labrador. I had to send a friend to tell him because we didn't live close together, and there were no mobiles or texts or FB back then (I am so old)............apparently he looked wounded for a brief moment, then said, "Tell her if she loses a stone I'll go back out with her."

Nice. Oh wait......I have been dumped, both times for failing to put out.
  • leanneakaliz
    leanneakaliz Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I got dumped because I didnt want to do drugs !

My ex is a total low life !

And I am so much happier now :D so really its the best thing anyone has ever done for me lol :P
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I got dumped because I didnt want to do drugs !

My ex is a total low life !

And I am so much happier now :D so really its the best thing anyone has ever done for me lol :P
    Usually the case, yay for all of us lol
  • Clarissia_Nicole
    Clarissia_Nicole Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too! I didn't mind him buying me dinner or taking my shopping. But after only about a month of dating, he wanted to pay my cell bill, have me quit my job, and didn't like me going to school. That's borderline controlling! So, needless to say, it didn't work out. I continue to pay all of my own bills and my friends don't understand why I didn't just let him pay for everything. lol
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    My best friend dumped my first boyfriend for me, in 8th grade-- On a three-way call, while I listened in and pretended not to be there.

Ah, memories.

omword!! i did this for my sister :) i was nice. i think.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    This happened to me too! I didn't mind him buying me dinner or taking my shopping. But after only about a month of dating, he wanted to pay my cell bill, have me quit my job, and didn't like me going to school. That's borderline controlling! So, needless to say, it didn't work out. I continue to pay all of my own bills and my friends don't understand why I didn't just let him pay for everything. lol
    Friends are always like that, and it makes me question why I'm friends with them
  • CressidaJL
    CressidaJL Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Apparently I didn't wear pink underwear often enough....
    Wow. That is literally jaw-dropping.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Once I got dumped because I wouldn't kiss the boy on the playground..... :blushing:
  • antizoni1
    Options
    I was dumped once because she said I didnt make enough money, fortunately went from customer service to sales and that was a 40,000 a year increase a month after she dumped me....God is Good
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    oh I have a doooozie.

was on a date with a guy, he disappears for a really long time. I go looking for him, his friend is all sketchy and tells me that he absolutely isn't in the men.s bathroom..... So I calmly walk by his friend, into the men's bathroom and find him having sex with a random woman.... then he looks at me and says...... we need to break up, i'm just not into women right now.....

I looked at him, and said..... looks like your pretty into women to me. Loser

Meh his loss!

Omg thats terrible.

that same night, I met my husband. So I look at it as a win =D

That would be a win for sure.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I was dumped once because she said i didnt make enough money, fortunately wnet from customer service to sells and that was a 40,000 a year increase a month after she dumped me....God is Good
    hotttt, get em
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    Once I got dumped because I wouldn't kiss the boy on the playground..... :blushing:
    how cute
  • melzenitram
    melzenitram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    once, i got dumped VIA FACEBOOK, because i didn't want to sit where HE wanted to sit in a movie theater. LOL