Check the Diary of The Person Above! Give Good Advice!!!

Options
Don't forget to go back at least 2 weeks!! Please, Only Positive, Useful Information.. No Bullying or Negative comments about things that may be on people's diaries! This is supposed to be a Helpful exercise.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    How about taking this to Chit Chat, Fun and Games?
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This is helpful.. Not a game or chit chat.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options

I went back a week or so. Your diary is beautiful. Great control. I'd eat back at least a little more exercise calories (I never eat them all) but you need to make sure you are getting enough fuel for your body :)
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    at sgv0918 :

great diary ! but a little high on sugar maybe replace a couple sweets by fruits :)
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    Probably should eat more calories.. but who am I to judge?
  • kimcalica
    Options

I went back a week or so. Your diary is beautiful. Great control. I'd eat back at least a little more exercise calories (I never eat them all) but you need to make sure you are getting enough fuel for your body :)

If someone quotes back to thank someone, just skip them .. So skip me.. I just wanted to say thanks for the advice, I've been pushing myself pretty hard this week and I do actually feel weak.. I didnt exercise today because of it.. I do think I need to maybe eat a bit more but I'm scared of what I should allow.. All these good fats, bad fats.. Can't I just eat something that boosts my calories but won't give me any of that other stuff?? Lol pipe dreams!
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    For rhia55: commit to logging everyday.
  • Madiantin
    Madiantin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nifty idea. =)

Rhia55 - Strive on a greater variety of non-processed foods. A fruit and/or veg at each meal, as well as a little protein may be helpful.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    For rhia55: commit to logging everyday.

Yustick! Amazing water consumption, and great choices.
  • therealmax
    therealmax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    yustick: Maybe try replacing the Clif bars with something less processed? Or make your own protein bars? I second the great water consumption!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Options
    It occurs to me, however, that my diary will look bi-polar if you're not familiar with my plan. Mwahahah!
  • kimcalica
    Options
    It occurs to me, however, that my diary will look bi-polar if you're not familiar with my plan. Mwahahah!

Well you lost 99lbs! You must be doing something right!!! Lol

Skip me
  • Keiras_Mom
    Options
    mhabs: Mostly good choices. Kind of all over the place with calories, but you could be calorie cycling or zig-zagging for all I know. More water!
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    mhabs17:

Your day looks good so far! I see fruit, vegetables and nuts. I can't say too much since you haven't finished your day- but perhaps try drinking more water (I am also guilty of this) and pre-logging recipes. This saves me a ton of time for pre-logging days.

Perhaps try switching to a plain greek yogurt and adding your own sweetness if necessary. You never know how much hidden sugar those things have.
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This is for mhabs:
    Overall, great job! Love how you eat plenty of fruits and veggies...and good choices I might ad...kale...squash...avacados. You DO eat more cupcakes, cookies, bars than I would eat for my weight loss. However, good for you for logging it all and being within (most of the time). Same goes for alcohol...I am choosing to refrain, for now because it hinders MY weight loss. A couple of days you went way over but I don't see anything wrong with that. Ppl on here talk about having a cheat day and how that makes them sane. Oh, and I'm assuming you are drinking water but not recording it. I think water is so important with weight loss and overall health.
    ...and that is my ever so humble opinion:love:
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Just bringing things back.. Don't want the post to get lost.. Great advice everyone!!
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ok...Ill go again...just to keep this thread alive...
    This is for KeirasMom:
    How can I (someone who has only been at this for 7 weeks and who has only lost 15 lbs) critique you (who has so much more experience and has lost almost 100 lbs)! Congratulations to you! {{{bowing}}}. Great job on your water consumption! However, I see a lot of sodium and high fat in your diet with the Chili, Fried Chicken, etc but like I said, who. Am I to judge? I like how you can still have your Chardonnay and it fits within your calories. On a couple of days you only ate about 200-300 calories. I would be ravenous if I did that. Like I said, Congrats on a wonderful job overall!
  • Emily3119
    Emily3119 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For kayduro: I loved looking at the wide variety of things you eat for lunch and dinner! And I like to see someone who works a glass of wine into their daily calories too, so props o that! I don't have really anything in terms of advice since I am pretty new here, but just thought I should tell you that I enjoyed looking at some bits and pieces of your diary.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Emily, I would say the number one thing that you could do is aim to eat more protein. If you are new here then you may not realise that MFP automatically sets a ratio of carbs:fat:protein that is quite low in protein. You can go in and manually change it.

The other thing that I would reccomend is eating more veggies.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Emily, I would say the number one thing that you could do is aim to eat more protein. If you are new here then you may not realise that MFP automatically sets a ratio of carbs:fat:protein that is quite low in protein. You can go in and manually change it.

The other thing that I would reccomend is eating more veggies.

Solid micro intake