Check the Diary of The Person Above! Give Good Advice!!!

Options

Replies

• gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    For gabriellejayde: great job with exceeding your protein and fiber macros! Here are some recommendarions, I hope they help: 1) it's hard to tell with MFPs food database, but it appears you are eating quite a bit of processed food. I would try to rotate in more whole and fresh foods if this is the case. 2) I am a coffee fan too! Switch out the processed creamer (no nutritional value) for real milk. 3) increase your daily cals by a tiny bit (100-200) to make sure you are staying over 1200. 4) log your water! Have a nice weekend!

thanks for the advice!
    (I actually hardly eat any processed foods but sometimes I choose them from the database because it's close to what i'm eating if I'm eating at a restaurant) good advice though... I know I need to cut out that creamer... the pumpkin flavored one was so tempting though! I usually have soy milk. :)
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    For Amandahahn85: great job committing to a healthy lifestyle! Here are some suggestions, i hope they help: 1) it looks like you definitely want to focus on getting more veggies on a daily basis. Try having a salad more often for lunch and incorporating a side salad every night at dinner. You can look at my diary or just google "salad ideas" 2) start logging your fiber intake - it will help with weight loss. 3) replace your coffee creamer with regular milk. 4) rotate out boxed breakfast cereal with whole natural foods for breakfast - try oatmeal, eggs etc.

Have fun!
  • jomorie
    jomorie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ok Im In, and looked at Yusticks diary OMGosh what a vegtastic meal - sounded heavenly!! be interested to see the recipie and name for that :]] -and to anyone looking at mine yes im a Lush and ive lost 58 lbs since July so im quite happy! xx happy weekend to all mfpers
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    @jomorie

Think you diary looks good. Could say something agaist the wine, but wouldn't, because it was in your calorie goal and you need a bit fun here and there. ;-) What's the benefit of drinking almond milk instead of normal, soy or rice milk? You don't eat gluten?

Respect
    Mimi
  • jomorie
    jomorie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    HI Miimii - I just love the taste! xx
  • Miiimii
    Options
    HI Miimii - I just love the taste! xx

I never tasted it. You can only buy it in the organic supermarkt here and it's triple the price of normal organic milk (which is triple the price of the cheap regular milk from the normal supermarkt). But I'll try it one day.
  • emwaitexo
    Options
    Looks good
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Can't see any diary
  • Miiimii
    Options
    Can't see any diary

You can look at mine. ;-)
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Can't see any diary

You can look at mine. ;-)

I don't recognize most of the foods you eat, but in terms of calories you're doing great. The breakdown of your daily goal is 10/10, although today you fell short on protein. If you reach your daily goal every day you'll have good results. Good luck :)
  • hulkling
    hulkling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Elliotgains. Wow, wish I ate what you eat. I might do one day, but concentrating on losing fat first whilst gaining lean muscle. It does seem a bit repetative, but mine is too and you obviously know what works for you.
  • ibach08
    ibach08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hulking. Somedays it looks like you don't get enough to eat. Do you track your water consumption? If you do I would recommend you do drink some more water - it is really good for you:)
  • hulkling
    hulkling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I only track plain water, but i do drink several cups of mint or green tea a day as well. unfortunately I have an odd genetic medical condition where I don't feel thirst so its a real struggle to make sure I drink enough.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Ibach08: very nice
    , I saw good foods and occasional treat! High protein, low carbs, hitting close to calorie goal! You have a bit more fat than what O personally would want, but I notice a lot of people here have eat higher fat. I guess if they are more often good fats than 'bad'

I like that found a good breakfast and you stick with it so you know you always have that under control and easy!

EDIT-I don't track water, usually, sometimes I do, but I usually forget. It's not great but not bad either most days.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    For 3foldchord: love your username! I'm sorry about your health issues. Fantastic job with the protein! I see very few fruits and veggies in your diet- you are missing out on nutrients that help with fatigue by not getting enough servings of veggies. Try to add more salads throughout the day. Some people don't like salad; if so try lightly steamed veggies. Mix it up with different types of veggies to keep it interesting. I hope this helps.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Great thread idea . . . Everyone please include whose diary you are comMenting on because it gets a bit confusing.

For KDIPIAZZ: great vitamin supplements and water intake! I would rotate in some more whole food breakfasts - breakfast is such an important start to the day. You can still have protein shakes some days, but I would do a cooked breakfast on other days. Secondly, I see you are having 3-4 meals (including snacks) a day - I would make sure to eat a fifth time (snack), a whole nutritious food such as hummus, fruit, etc. Overall great - I hope this helps.

Oh and incredible weight loss! Congrats.

Thank you. You are probably right about breakfast. I'm diabetic and have found that a large breakfast or one that is carb-based (fruit, oatmeal) really sends my BG up in the morning. i do need to eat breakfast (not eating also sends my BG up) but I'm fairly lazy and in a rush, so protein shakes are my go to. I do try to mix it up, but probably haven't in the last week or so.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    for claritarejoic: Overall very nice with a good variety of foods! One thing I notice is that you are a bit low on protein. Perhaps some greek yogurt or whey protein would be a way to incorporate some more protein while staying in range calorie wise.
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    for Crosbinium: you seem to be doing great, nothing really NEEDS to be changed as far as i can see, but if you really want some ideas, 2%milk - skim (less fat) frozen waffles - make your own (probably a little better health wise,much better taste wise) buffalo almonds - almonds that are not roasted (roasting takes out nutrients) ....like i said none of this is even a problem, i just had to find something to change so i could play the game, i want to see how badly people pick apart my food log, also can't wait to see some faces people make when they see what i eat :laugh:

ETA: just to be nice i will add that just because my goal says 2660 (or something like that) i actually aim for 3,300+ a day,the rest i'm not going to say because that would take out all the fun of advice hahaha
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    There is so much great advice here and I am actually learning a lot by just reading through! This is awesome! Ben, you aren't logging your water although I assume you are drinking it. Your sodium levels are a bit high, although I am not very good about advising people when their goal calories are so high.. I assume it's for heavy weightlifting or something.. If I had to say something I'd say easy on the cliff bars man!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    @BenChase - I second the high sodium remark. I'm also surprised at how low protein you eat. I figured you're trying to build muscle and am surprised you're sticking with the MFP-given low 15%. Seems like someone of your stature would want to eat more of it.

PS - I was in Vegas last week, so those 3 days I didn't log are not the norm. Also, I already know I should eat more veggies! :-)