Check the Diary of The Person Above! Give Good Advice!!!

Options

Replies

• SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I wanna say give leaner meats a try but he looks fantastic so whatever he's doing is clearly working so I'm just gonna assume he knows what he's doing
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    kayduro:

Your diary looks awesome! Sooo glad to see you going over your protein limit (MFP's is way too low). Also, glad to see you log your water. A lot of people forget about that, but hydration is important. The only thing I would change is some of your brands. The choices you make are good, but you could make them better. For instance, your bread eats up a lot of your calories. Why not try a lower calorie choice? Nature's Own has some that's only 50kcal a slice. If you want lower than that, they have one for 40! Also, I would try looking up some of the brands you eat on a little app called Fooducate. This app rates the foods you scan on a scale from A to F. It tells you why they're bad, and gives you some better choices.

Overall, I think you are doing fine. Keep up the good work!
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I wanna say give leaner meats a try but he looks fantastic so whatever he's doing is clearly working so I'm just gonna assume he knows what he's doing

To someonesomepl: diary not open.
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Today looks pretty good!
    The only suggestions I would make are to increase vegetables, fruits and whole grains :)
    And a more substantial lunch would probably have helped you stay energized throughout your day.

You also just inspired me to go buy cottage cheese YUM!

Edit: Just looked back on some prior days, and you can definitely use some extra fruits/veg and whole grains! you have the cals to "afford" it... and them some! Try to eat a little more
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @yustick - nice job with keeping reduced processed foods out of your diet, and nice job with getting the protein in. I would maybe track sodium intake, just to add another macro for curiosity's sake.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    envy09:
    I'm not really sure what to say because it seems like you get a lot of veggies & proteins which is really good! Your meals sound absolutely delicious and I'm definitely going to steal some meal inspiration from you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Kooraloo makes good food choice and even better candy choices!! Love it!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Look like some good food choices you allow yourself to still eat delicious things like Chipotle but keep things pretty healthy, only advice would be more consistent about loggig try and log every day!
  • 2abnorth
    2abnorth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks pretty solid. Nice macro distribution! I'd keep on doing what your doing. I like how you still include a few treats into your very healthy food choice.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @2abnorth -
    Nice control over your diary. Lots of protein and healthy eating.
  • Emily3119
    Emily3119 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Emily, I would say the number one thing that you could do is aim to eat more protein. If you are new here then you may not realise that MFP automatically sets a ratio of carbs:fat:protein that is quite low in protein. You can go in and manually change it.

The other thing that I would reccomend is eating more veggies.

How do I change that, or what would be a ratio that is good for me?
    Thanks for the help!
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @lacheisss

Excellent workouts, great to see you are eating back the calories. I would slowly try getting away from the take out food to help lower the sodium and extra fillers. I know its hard being busy however.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I was missed the first time around! Poops!

2abnorth:
    Your diary is noteworthy- very good! You're hitting your macros and eating a nice variety of fresh foods several times throughout the day. The only thing I saw worth removing was the fake cheese. Personally, I would avoid butter too- but you obviously aren't eating it in excess and are doing exceptional everywhere else. Nice water intake too! Sorry I could not be of much help, haha.
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    at : Mcmilligen

really good diary , but try avoiding carbs in the late part of your day lets say after lunch you should be avoiding it or it will be turned into fat
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    @ missabeez,,your food looks so great..I couldnt see anything that I would change,high protein,low sodium,,even got some gummy bears in there,,fantastic ,,,congrats
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've been having a lot of leftovers lately, but god are they good. All the recipes I've made are from my favorite food website skinnytaste.com.
  • ausf
    ausf Posts: 51
    Options
    you drink alots of water good for you
    im new so i really cant give. advice
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    @ausf checked your diary and it seems a bit high on processed food so perhaps you could incorporate more fresh foods?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Offthedeepend:
    Everything you eat looks super yummy, but you seem to be consistently ~1000 cals under. If I had a limit like that I'd be taking advantage of it! Also your protein seems consistently lowish. But in general, looks good.

Disclaimer to whoever does mine- Sunday I went over by noon so didn't bother logging the rest. Cookies and brownies were involved at a CE.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    at : Mcmilligen

really good diary , but try avoiding carbs in the late part of your day lets say after lunch you should be avoiding it or it will be turned into fat

Thank you for the feedback! I am just wondering what science (or further facts) you have behind the statement in which carbohydrates are processed in to fats later on in the day (does this include ALL carbs such as fruit? Or just the more processed carbs?). I'm not disagreeing- just interested. I have heard your point before as well as others whom say it doesn't really matter as long as you hit your macros.