Check the Diary of The Person Above! Give Good Advice!!!

Options

Replies

• YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    @BenChase - I second the high sodium remark. I'm also surprised at how low protein you eat. I figured you're trying to build muscle and am surprised you're sticking with the MFP-given low 15%. Seems like someone of your stature would want to eat more of it.

PS - I was in Vegas last week, so those 3 days I didn't log are not the norm. Also, I already know I should eat more veggies! :-)

I actually like your diet! But I'm not the fitness guru here, lol, just someone who is trying to lose weight too.

If I were you, I'd add more for breakfast, you always have a protein shake but maybe you can try an omelet, or protein pancakes, it'll make you feel full for longer and is actually tasty.

And yeah, you need more veggies and fruits. You can add some tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, reddish, it'll give you natural vitamins and some fiber :) And it's good for middle day snack.

And I like that you have some fitness incorporated in your routine! :)
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    well my great secret is kinda lurking in my profile, i am soon to be running a marathon (on sunday) the low protien (as well as everything else) was all set by myself to achieve my goals, which is carb loading for this marathon at 70%/15%/15% everything i am eating is for that reason, my "normal" diet is not on here, which is why i was interested to see what people would say :smile: also with the amount of running/ sweating my sodium level needs to be a bit higher than normal. my food log was a trick but that is good advice from all of you without knowing that info :happy: also to add i take vitamins that are not logged on here and i drink about a gallon to a 1.5 gallons of water a day, i stopped logging that a long time ago because i know i get enough every day and it's just a pain and kinda pointless as my diary in all cases but this post here is only for my own info :wink:
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    mine is rubbish lol
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    For GoGlam: you travelled to Turkey?! I love the mediterranean diet! It looks like you are eating a good breakfast and lunch but skipping dinner? Is this the case or are you just forgetting to log in the evening? Eat something a little more substantial in the evening, even if it's at 17h00. On some days you are significantly under you calories. Try as much as possible to eat 1200 cals a day - it will make your weight loss more sustainble. Try to decrease the sodas. Also, it would be nice to have your profile filled out so people can see something about you and what your goals are. Have fun!
  • traceygl1967
    traceygl1967 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    for claritarejoic carbs and sodium is a little over on alot of the days but other than that looks good to me :)
  • rougenoire
    rougenoire Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For traceygl1967 - Looks like you are doing a great job, eggs are a brilliant breakfast and fill you up with protein. You have a lot of variety and still manage to get in treats. The only thing that I would say as you are far ahead of me in the weight loss is to add more fruit and veg, it's a great way to add fibre and vitamins without too many calories and is naturally low sodium.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    For rougenoir - where is the exercise? If a) you aren't logging it, you should. It changes your daily goals a lot. If b) you aren't doing any - then get moving!

And it all looks good food wise, but extra activity will help you on those days when you are over. And log every day! xxx
  • rougenoire
    rougenoire Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For rougenoir - where is the exercise? If a) you aren't logging it, you should. It changes your daily goals a lot. If b) you aren't doing any - then get moving!

And it all looks good food wise, but extra activity will help you on those days when you are over. And log every day! xxx

I definitely haven't kept up the logging lately but I am back on track with that :) Unfotunately in the last week or so I have only done limited exercise which is counted in my activity level so not logged separately. Now my knees aren't sore (not sure what I did but it was worrying) I was at the gym this morning for a quick work out before work! Thanks for the feedback. :)

I had a look a your food diary by the way out of curiousity, what is the porridge you have for breakfast that sounds really interesting?
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I'm celiac so I make my own GF porridge with different grains. I use brown rice as a base and add buckwheat and TVP mince (which is soy) for protein etc. I slow cook it with milk and water overnight and then add cinnamon and honey. xx
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    jo_marnes...your's looks good. You really eat healthy.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Swissmiss: I notice you are light on calories. Your goal; of 1000 really shows the high carbs and the consistently low protien. Not sure for the snap shot I looked at if you try to eat your exercise calories back, but with your goal set this low (too low imho) I believe you should. There is a good range of stuff and you hit or are under the bar more than most of the time. Do veggies get logged? You do not log at weekends so not sure if these are higher cal or not. Is this working for you? Would be interesting to up your calories and see if this improved how you feel or energy levels.
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hookandy:
    I think your diet is nicely balanced, the only things I am seeing is that you're generally under calorie intake and your sodium is on the higher side. Great work though, all in all it's looking good.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hookandy:
    I think your diet is nicely balanced, the only things I am seeing is that you're generally under calorie intake and your sodium is on the higher side. Great work though, all in all it's looking good.

You could prob afford to eat a bit more and still lose just fine
  • hookandy
    Options
    Hookandy:

Spot on, I have been stuck on a plateau for 5-6 weeks, recently have increased calorie from goal 1500 --> 1990 and eat back exercise calories to a max of 2400. Seems to have worked. I agree, having a look back over the last week or so, yes the sodium has been high, not noticed it creeping up. However slightly out as I was away from home for a couple of days this week and I promise I did not have all the soy sauce with the sushi so the Na will have been lower than logged.
  • hookandy
    Options

More than "still lose just fine", have gone from static loss to 4lb since increasing. So I wish I had seen this post 5 weeks ago
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    Hookandy:

ACG your diet is full of dirty foods. Replace that cheese cake with some cottage cheese, long lasting proteins to prevent you from going catabolic at night.
  • isitsororo
    Options
    Hookandy:

ACG your diet is full of dirty foods. Replace that cheese cake with some cottage cheese, long lasting proteins to prevent you from going catabolic at night.

Good diet for your goals overall. I can tell you like your protein. I don't know the ingredients of your shakes, but make sure you're getting enough calcium (the almond milk might be fortified). Watch that sweet and sour sauce, that tends to have quite a bit of sugar in it.
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I can't comment on your food diary because you don't eat any food. (except for breakfast you do good there) but I can tell you you are getting all your nutrients in. Just know that you cannot sustain this for a lifetime. Best wishes.
  • isitsororo
    Options
    I can't comment on your food diary because you don't eat any food. (except for breakfast you do good there) but I can tell you you are getting all your nutrients in. Just know that you cannot sustain this for a lifetime. Best wishes.

Oh, I have other days in there you can look at, it's just that today has just started so I've only had breakfast. :) Oops I didn't know that this thread was just about today's diary. Is it?