What birth control are you on? Does it work with you?

Options
123457»

Replies

• gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    i love the replies you all! ty!
    Do you know how long it took me to look at your username and realize it had Montana in it?

Hit a deer about 26 miles outside of Helena this weekend, just a little guy thankfully and my car did get me to Great Falls, but I still had to replace it. Driving back to Bozeman in a new (to me, it's an '06) car had me insanely paranoid! But It's nice that the storm held off until today!
  • Infauna
    Options
    I used to take Brevicon in 2010 but it made me ravenous and I gained weight (no idea how much, I didn't have a scale but I could definitely see the weight gain.) Earlier this year, I started taking Yaz and the side effects were horrible. I gained 8lbs, I was nauseous all the time, I had crazy mood swings, headaches, allllways hungry, no energy, emotional over anything, etc. I really didn't feel like myself while on Yaz. Once I stopped taking it, I started feeling 100x better. I'm not blaming all the weight gain on Yaz because the increase in appetite obviously was a factor in that but when it gets to the point that I'm dealing with more side effects rather than benefits, I decided that it wasn't worth it for me. Currently I'm not taking birth control.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I had my tubes done after our last kiddo was born. So far, so good. It is SO nice to not have to worry about birth control.
  • led2012
    led2012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The last birth control I used was the Nuva Ring. I tried Loestrin before that. I hated them both. I never gained weight on birth control, but I did become more emotional. I would start crying so easily. I also stopped remembering my dreams about 6 months into taking birth control (and I felt like I wasn't getting enough sleep even though the clock said I was). I started remembering my dreams again about 6 months after I quit taking birth control. My blood pressure also went up (thankfully it is back to normal now that I'm not taking it). I will not go on birth control again. Has anyone else ever had trouble with remembering dreams or not feeling rested while taking birth control?
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I hated the depo, it did horrible things to me.. Coming off it was the worst.. I'm on ovranette now the pill and it makes me really hungry! I'm going to have to switch to mini pill, cos it's not ideal at all
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    Whip it out at the last minute and explode all over her tummy, tits or face. Must work because i've not become pregnant yet.

17427511.png
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Tri-sprintec and no weight gain or mood swings :)
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    The pull out method.
    The only time I’ll ever gain is if I get knocked up. :wink:
  • thistimevictory
    Options
    condoms... have been effective for me for 5 years now :)
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I was on Cerazette and I dropped a lot of weight, but I had a lot of PMS symptoms so I switched to Micronor. (I have to take POP pills, I can't take combined due to migraines). So far I am losing weight quite well on it, and it seems good! I am now regular and don't have extreme mood swings.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    I was on BC for over ten years. Did it work? Uhm, if you count not having a libido AT ALL as working - then yup! Abstinence is definitely effective.

I got off BC a couple of years ago and it was the best thing I have ever done for myself. Now we use the "pull and pray" method. Okay, and if I'm being honest - super ultra thin condoms on occasion as well. Is it working? Well, I'm not pregnant yet....so I'm gonna step out on a limb and say yeah, it works with me. :)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Condoms and Pull out method. So far So good. No kids...................that I am aware of :ohwell:
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Go in through the back door

*justsaying
  • HayleyHat
    Options
    I have Implanon right now, have had for a couple of years. I've had no negative symptoms, so I'm happy with it. I also have a non-hormonal coil and I'm happy with that too!

I used Depo Provera before and was really happy with that, until I fell pregnant. :/ Hence having the coil, I'm now paranoid.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Go in through the back door

*justsaying

True but its hard to have a willing partner....LOL
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Whip it out at the last minute and explode all over her tummy, tits or face. Must work because i've not become pregnant yet.

17427511.png

ew.. also have you never heard of pre-cum?
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options

17427511.png

ew.. also have you never heard of pre-cum?

lol of course! Im just here to lower the tone! ;)