What's your biggest non-scale health/fitness goal?

Options

Replies

• Kimi0371
    Kimi0371 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    To continue hiking with my sons without them having to wait up the trail for Mom to catch up.
  • Minnie36
    Minnie36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To be able to stand straight, look down, and see my feet.
  • MyIrishSpirit
    MyIrishSpirit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I went white water tubing this summer... The 2 hours trip took me 4 hours and I hurt for 2 weeks afterward.

I want to go again in August, complete the course in less than the average time and NOT feel like I died. I want to be a white water tubing pro!!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Looking good naked.

I want him to be utterly speechless when my clothes hit the floor . . . every damn time.

Can't beat this one.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    To be able to run a full marathon and do pull ups or even just a single pull up.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    conan-barbarian-motivational-poster-600x480.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    this isnt my biggest, its just the next hard one.

tumblr_m4e1yxXwed1r95jeco1_400.gif
  • cricketcricket
    Options
    ultimate goal: hike the pacific crest trail! Hiking over 2500 miles with a 50 lb backpack is hard enough. i can't do it while carrying an extra 50 lbs around my waist.

the pct is probably a distant goal, but just to be able to do any kind of long distance hike would be amazing
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    this isnt my biggest, its just the next hard one.

tumblr_m4e1yxXwed1r95jeco1_400.gif

That looks crazy hard. Any time I see TRX bands, I cringe. LoL
  • TooMuchMe88
    Options
    To be able to keep up with my friends and to be comfortable with myself
  • yoovie
    Options
    Im thinking people dont understand what BIGGEST means, or they have a very small concept of it.

I never thought to myself, my biggest goal in my entire existence is to beat the BMI scale....
  • cometjunior
    Options
    [/quote]I never thought to myself, my biggest goal in my entire existence is to beat the BMI scale....
    [/quote]

The TOPIC does not say "biggest goal in my entire existence"... L2read. There are people who are physically unable to do things because of their struggle with weight and they don't deserve to be chastised and embarrassed because of it with snide remarks. I commend anyone who has a victory, big or small, over their battle with weight and food. Just because people are overweight does not mean they lay on the couch eating bon-bons while watching soap operas all day long.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    To be able to maintain my goal weight and increase my fitness level every year.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 60lbs in the past 6 months but only this week have I been able to do a full press-up, at the moment I can only do 3 before failing so I'd love to work up to 100 over the next year. That's my small goal, my other big goals are to be able to run a 1/2 marathon and eventually become a fitness instructor. Dream big!
  • yoovie
    Options
    I never thought to myself, my biggest goal in my entire existence is to beat the BMI scale....

The TOPIC does not say "biggest goal in my entire existence"... L2read. There are people who are physically unable to do things because of their struggle with weight and they don't deserve to be chastised and embarrassed because of it with snide remarks. I commend anyone who has a victory, big or small, over their battle with weight and food. Just because people are overweight does not mean they lay on the couch eating bon-bons while watching soap operas all day long.

saying someone else's concept of big seems small.... is not being mean or bashing. Its not chastising or embarassing them. it says biggest non-scale goal and they said BMI.

So unwedge your damn panties and put me on ignore.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Living a healthy lifestyle and working out consistently since I was 19 years old!
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This is adult... but to be able to be on top without my fiance thinking I am too heavy.

Yah I'm bringing this back, because my issues with this is the total opposite!
    I want to be on top without ME thinking I'm too heavy!

Not my biggest goal, but something I think about for sure.

Mine are to run a 5K race and do Tough Mudder next september.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for three events next year:
    1. The London 10K
    2. The London - Brighton Bike Ride (59 miles)
    3. The Prudential RideLondon Classic (100 miles)

I need to lose tons of weight to get me 1,000,000 times fitter.

That's my goal in any case irrespective of what the scales say.
  • DiamondRidge
    DiamondRidge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love resurrected threads :)

My biggest dream has yet to be dreamed... but, while I'm waiting, I have some smaller big goals...

To "hike" a Pemi Loop in under 24 hours. (its about 26 miles and the elevation change is the equivalent to hiking Denali from sea level) I have it on my calendar for next July.

To complete a Tough Mudder race, by actually doing every obstacle. I have this on my calendar for next June.

To look absolutely amazing in my wedding dress, and, better yet, to have a good time shopping for one and trying all different styles on. The wedding is August 23, 2014.

Most importantly - to inspire my girls to be as healthy as possible.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I love resurrected threads :)

My biggest dream has yet to be dreamed... but, while I'm waiting, I have some smaller big goals...

To "hike" a Pemi Loop in under 24 hours. (its about 26 miles and the elevation change is the equivalent to hiking Denali from sea level) I have it on my calendar for next July.

To complete a Tough Mudder race, by actually doing every obstacle. I have this on my calendar for next June.

To look absolutely amazing in my wedding dress, and, better yet, to have a good time shopping for one and trying all different styles on. The wedding is August 23, 2014.

Most importantly - to inspire my girls to be as healthy as possible.

Awesome goals.