7 weeks lost 39 pounds

Options

Replies

• kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Don't forget water weight people! To the OP - That is an amazing start... good for you!! :)
  • 50kgRussianBallerina
    Options
    Wow, OP, sorry you've gotten such a negative reaction from so many people!

You deserve to be congratulated and nothing less!

Some people let their jealousy get the best of them, I guess?
  • emilysw02
    emilysw02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gee there is a lot of negativity here. Everyone is different, I lost 8 lbs the first week I did weight watchers 80lbs ago and I didn't even exercise at that time. Obviously it was lots of water and the next few weeks I lost 3-5lbs. The most important thing is this person is trying to take their health into their own hands and is obviously proud of what they're doing and we should encourage their success. Most of you who are "skeptical" aren't even coming back with encouragement and helpful comments. Do you just troll the success story boards to bring other people down when you are having trouble with your own success?

If you are truly concerned that what someone is doing is dangerous there are nicer ways to show actual concern and encouragement. We have all wanted to lose weight and get healthy and someone who has 10lbs to lose is going to lose it a hell of a lot slower at first compared to someone who has 100+ it's a long road for all of us. Have some consideration we're all on the same side.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    People! Before making assumptions and criticizing please ask. Everyone is different and the more you have to lose, the more pounds you'll lose weekly. Not only that, but there are so many factors, that even when you have done a similar regimen, you have different results.
    congrats!! keep up the good work
  • flyersrule17a
    flyersrule17a Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Let me clarify my previous comment. I am proud of the accomplishments of the OP. I was just hoping that it was being done safely and with doctor's consent. Since the OP said he/she has real life support and approval, then I say good for you!
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    don't be such haters!! the OP is bettering themselves...not everyone needs to just lose 1-2 lbs a week for it to be considered healthy weight loss! my goodness!

OP: fantastic work! Keep it up, it is very inspiring!
  • banks89202
    Options
    Yep me neither. 11lb sin 1st week on a cal limit that high only working out 2-3 times a week? Yeah right.....I workout 7 days a week, eat under 1600cals a day (some days only just on 1200) and it's taken 9 months today to lose 69lbs.

BTW I burn at a minimum of 600 cals each day.

I don't buy it at all.
    [/quote]

Ummm I lost 11lbs in my first week on mfp....I also was 284lbs...so yea it can happen.
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    good job so far, much success to u in your journey to lose weight.
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Jealous.
  • BurkYoung
    Options
    I was in the same place... I lost 60 in 90 days... good work !!!
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Um....I don't buy it.

I would like to be happy for OP and if that's the case, then great! Losing 10% of our body weight is normally a really big deal, so it's not usually done so quickly. Although everyone is different, I keep expecting a weight-loss product to be announced or the fact that the rapid loss is due to surgery since that's the kind of results people get with gastric bypass. I support everyone to make their own choice except starvation or stretching the truth, which I am not saying is happening. I was very close, myself, to breaking down to go see the gastric bypass surgeon and then found this site.

Either way, it's really not up to me to judge and unfortunately, we are such a skeptic society these days. I don't want to be a skeptic anymore. It's not productive.

So, Congrats!!!
  • mandachristine
    mandachristine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Previous commenters: seriously? Can it. A lot of factors come into play at the beginning of a change in lifestyle and this loss is absolutely possible and acceptable (as long as OP has consulted a physician and has the all-forward). If you don't buy it, run the numbers... then factor in water weight lost with a reduction of sodium and intake and voila.

OP- congrats on your loss and kudos for the steps you are taking to a healthier you! That's great progress and you should be so proud. Don't get discouraged if it does slow down.. it's an inevitable pain in the butt :-) Keep up the good work and don't listen to the dissenters!

This!
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wow, OP, sorry you've gotten such a negative reaction from so many people!

You deserve to be congratulated and nothing less!

Some people let their jealousy get the best of them, I guess?

FOR SURE! Congratulations! So awesome that you have made the decision towards a healthier lifestyle! All the best to you, you are doing fantastic!

PS I am so sorry that you have had such rude, ignorant people posting! I have a friend who got the gastric bypass. She was ordered to eat only 1200-1500 per day......did anything in her body change? NO! Just her stomach being smaller. She had much to lose like you and she was losing like crazy!

Your weight loss will slow down, but keep it up!!!!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Wow that's super fast!
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My dad weighed about the same as you and he lost 17kg / 38lbs in 8 weeks when he started out and he didn't exercise at all!!!! So I def believe you and I think your doing AMAZING!!!!! the more you have to lose the faster you will lose it,
    My dad kept losing at a super fast pace for the first 3 months (he ate about 1800cals a day) but then it slowed to about 1 -2 lbs a week.

go you!! truly awesome!!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I say lets go hunting:bigsmile:
  • dany_m
    dany_m Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OP, congratulations! Don't listen to all those negative comments and focus on your success instead!
  • vraso1214
    Options
    Wow..the whole point of this site is to have support!! What do you gain by accusing someone of lying about their progress?? If they are they are only hurting themselves. So congratulations and keep up the good work!! You will get there soon enough!!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Good job, Ignore the negative, they are just jealous ;)
  • LilMissImperfect
    Options
    WOW! I just wanna first say congratulations! That's a good kickstart to your weight loss. Secondly I want to say IGNORE THE HATERS. There's always people out there who are either jealous or skeptical, just treat them like dirty bumps on the road, step over them and continue YOUR journey to greatness! :)

PS, one thing I think is funny is some of the negative commenters I see on here are actually "repeat offenders"...see 'em do it on multiple threads. They need to realize people are on this site for support, and that they are mistreating the purpose of the site.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!