7 weeks lost 39 pounds

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Calm down, people. His biggest loss was in the first week. Even if he was eating 2500 cals, if it was healthy, low sodium foods and he increased his water intake, it's my bet that the majority of the first week's weight loss was excess water. Especially considering he had 164lbs to lose when he started. My first week's calories, exercise, and results weren't that far off of the O.P.'s. I can tell you, though, that I seriously considered setting up camp in the bathroom by the end of the week, as I was back in there peeing about once every hour for most of the day.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I lost LOADS of weight at the beginning of my journey! Loads and loads

I dont think you can just say someone is lying, there are a number of reasons someone could lose lots of weight very quickl, being massively overweight is one of them.

Please guys, dont be harsh
  • HazenAllen
    HazenAllen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Don't let the bitter and negative people keep you down man. I've dropped nearly 25 in a month so I definitely believe it!

Good luck on the rest of the loss!
  • ridgellmomof3
    ridgellmomof3 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is I can't believe the comments of some people, I do not post on here often and this a perfect example of why. People come here for motivation and support, and with all the negativity that went into this post, it makes me want to use a different site. What if the negativity has now left him feeling defeated. Remember we all were once at the beginning and we are all here to motivate and to be motivated. Please educate yourself before making ignorant comments. The more weight you have to lose the faster it comes off. Think about it this way some people eat 3000-4000 calories or more a day that are overweight, so a drop of 1000-1500 calories equals results. i am just saying think before you speak! To the OP congrats!
  • TXRedDirt
    TXRedDirt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Um....I don't buy it.

X2
    I don't know how much you had to lose, but even if it was a lot I would be skeptical. If it's the truth then I would say your taking things way to fast.

Edited to add, I didn't realize how much weight you had to lose. The 8 pounds in the last week threw me. I apologize. I saw a TON of threads that day about unhealthy weight loss habits, and I just assumed you must be doing something like that. I think part of the problem with (some) people getting *****y on here, is they see people doing something unhealthy, try to help, and then get argued with for said advice. Eventually you get kind of pissy. Regardless I shouldn't have taken my thread grumpiness out on you, and I apologize.

Nice Post!
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Um....I don't buy it.

X2
    I don't know how much you had to lose, but even if it was a lot I would be skeptical. If it's the truth then I would say your taking things way to fast.

Edited to add, I didn't realize how much weight you had to lose. The 8 pounds in the last week threw me. I apologize. I saw a TON of threads that day about unhealthy weight loss habits, and I just assumed you must be doing something like that. I think part of the problem with (some) people getting *****y on here, is they see people doing something unhealthy, try to help, and then get argued with for said advice. Eventually you get kind of pissy. Regardless I shouldn't have taken my thread grumpiness out on you, and I apologize.

^^ I LOVE people who arn't afraid to admit they might have been wrong and apologise :) wish there was more people in the world like you!!!!
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think it's wonderful! :drinker: Keep up the great work. People can be so selfish sometimes, taking away another persons happiness! Who are you people to discredit him? Grow up and let him share his results and be proud of himself. I LOVE this site, I just cant stand the *few* rudeass people that come with it!! :mad: :explode:

If you have nothing nice to say, then just keep your mouth shut (well, fingers obviously) and don't reply. It's as simple as that!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Awesome congrats sounds like you are moving in the right direction - keep up the good work
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I was down about 30lbs in my first 2 months. The losses were pretty decent until I hit my half way point. Then they slowed down, but i kept chugging along and am down to the last 25lbs after a year. You have the added bonus of being a guy, which means you will lose faster! Don't get discouraged when it slows down, it'll be because you're thinner! Keep up the awesome work!
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words. To the haters, I have to be honest, I couldn’t care less about your silly opinions. They do not bother nor concern me. Im losing weight and getting fit and feeling better. I cant fathom why I would come here and lie. What would be the point in that?

As I stated, Im working with my PCP, the diabetes support group life coach and the staff at the fitness center. All three applaud my success and have been party to it and do not have any concerns that its too much or too fast so when I read ignorant comments from people making assumptions, I just roll my eyes and laugh.

Anybody here is free to friend me and look at 7 weeks of menus to see exactly what Im eating and the exercise. (why whould I have 7 weeks of fitness and menus just made up? Who does that sort of thing? And why?)

Aside from the exercise, I have been far more active in my daily life (stopped watching TV) This is all a drastic change from my previous lifestyle. Im more active and eating much less so the weight is coming off.

Somebody suggested that I may have been eating 5,000 cals a day prior to making this change. I think that sounds about right. Also, my starting weight was 364 pounds (which is why my goal is to lose 164 pounds.
  • mrsjacksn
    Options
    great job!
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! When you have a lot to lose, it DOES come off fast. I started with 101 lbs to lose, and lost 20 lbs in the first month. I exercised and ate right and that was it. I think some was water weight, but it did not come back! I have lost 72 lbs since June 16, so in not even five months. Gone from 251 lbs to 179 (I'm 5'9" female with goal weight 150). Not one pill, not one gimmick. Healthy nutrient rich diet. Only low calories (about 1200-1500 per day) and extensive calorie burns/cardio six days a week. I exercise about 3 hours per day if you count all my walking/jogging/exercise DVDs. I do limit unhealthy carbs and sugars. Occasionally I eat 2000 calories on a Sat or Sun. It all balances out. It has slowed down some now, but I am determined to lose the last 29! Congrats on what you have done! I know it is not easy!!
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    awesome.gif
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • MsBookandTea
    MsBookandTea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I BELIEVE YOU I BELIEVE YOU!!! :drinker:
  • samanthawarren
    Options
    Wow. Wish I could do that. I know that when I first started losing I lost 13 lbs in the first few weeks. I was told that the more you have to lose the more that will come off at first and then it slows down. This time around I have managed to lose about 8 lbs in just a couple of weeks. 3 before joining mfp. I am aiming for 1 lb a week hoping to be able to stick with it this time around.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I totally believe you. At your starting weight, your TDEE is much higher than most people, so dropping to 2000 calories is more like a 3-4 pound/per week loss than a 1-2 pound/per week loss. I have a friend losing weight at a similar rate because he's over 400 pounds and reduced his calories like you did.

Congratulations. :) Well done.
  • GingerRunner
    Options
    good for you! keep going and enjoy!
  • ramonapearce
    ramonapearce Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different, metabolism, body chemistry, hormones, etc. Sounds like those that don't believe you are jealous. They need to get over it. This is YOUR journey. No one else has to like it or believe it. But those of you who don't believe it then why bother even commenting? It takes a lot of discipline and commitment to get to where you are and you sound like you know how it goes fast in the beginnng and will taper off. And guess what? if it doesn't taper off or if it does, either way you sound prepared to deal with whatever comes your way, including all the haters. Way to go!
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've lost 7lbs in the first week of a diet lots of times (shows how many times I've tried to lose weight haha). Large weight losses in the first 2 weeks are normal. I'd be concerned if he was still losing massive numbers after 4 or 5 weeks but he's not. If you have more to lose, the quicker the first few pounds will come off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!