7 weeks lost 39 pounds

Options

Replies

• notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You can most assuredly lose that type of weight. Typically happens with pretty big people. I lost 6 lbs in my first week, then 2-4 lbs a week averaging. Congrats.
  • LilMissImperfect
    Options
    Yep me neither. 11lb sin 1st week on a cal limit that high only working out 2-3 times a week? Yeah right.....I workout 7 days a week, eat under 1600cals a day (some days only just on 1200) and it's taken 9 months today to lose 69lbs.

BTW I burn at a minimum of 600 cals each day.

I don't buy it at all.

Ummm I lost 11lbs in my first week on mfp....I also was 284lbs...so yea it can happen.
    [/quote]

Yeah definitely, before making this account I lost 9 LBs my first week, 5 my second, then my third week (when i joined MFP) i lost 11. And I have 200 LBs to lose.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    He was probably eating around 5000-7000 calories daily before starting on his first week.Ofcourse he is gonna lose 11lbs in the first week when he goes down to 2500 straightaway.
  • Little_Laura_K
    Little_Laura_K Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well done thats a fantastic achievement ! Do you feel better for it and fitter?

I would say if your male 2,000 calories would be better suited especially if your exercising a lot you just add in by almonds, nut etc proteins which will help repair your body after exercise.

Keep up the good work.

Laura x
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Well done! You're an inspiration.
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    Great job! I like your avi.
  • whairigaila
    Options
    Forget the haters...jealousy is a terrible thing!!!

Congratulations on your loss and good luck on the rest of your journey! xxx
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    Wow OP forget the ignorance of the negative responders.

Correct me if I am wrong. .

If you have more to lose doesn't that mean it's okay to lose more than 1-2 lbs a week? I read something about this somewhere.
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow... I don't understand all the negativity.
    So what if he's lying (which I can't imagine why he would...), it's no skin off anyone's back.
    And if he's telling the truth, then he's made great headway into a 164 lb. journey.
    Either way, no one comes to this website to be shat on. Let's all be positive and support eachother!

+1
    Lots of jealous people in this thread, presumably struggling to lose.

On topic, congratulations on your loss. But the reason you should think about slowing down is loose skin, it's the reason I've tried to stay under 3lbs per week.
  • Hlthy4MeNow
    Hlthy4MeNow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone is being so negative! You are doing an amazing job! Keep up the motivation and healthy eating!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Um....I don't buy it.

Yep me neither. 11lb sin 1st week on a cal limit that high only working out 2-3 times a week? Yeah right.....I workout 7 days a week, eat under 1600cals a day (some days only just on 1200) and it's taken 9 months today to lose 69lbs.

BTW I burn at a minimum of 600 cals each day.

I don't buy it at all.

Oh my God, are you KIDDING me? Why would he come on the success boards and lie about his success? I was 295 pounds and dropped 9 pounds my first week 7 pounds my second. IT IS MOSTLY WATER WEIGHT. The initial weight loss does slow down! It is extremely normal for those who are obese or morbidly obese (like I was) to lose a rather large amount of weight in the beginning. It is the body's natural reaction to a change in caloric intake and activity level. Even I continued to lose 4 pounds a week for the first month or so. Once my first 50 pounds came off, weight loss became slow -- a healthy 1-2 pounds a week.

I don't believe you lost 69 pounds in 9 months. I just don't believe you. How does that feel? God, people are such *kitten* on MFP lately.
  • TXRedDirt
    TXRedDirt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good job man!!

Nothing worng with what he is doing and the results are typical for someone his size. I started out at 279 and down to 252 in one month. Hard work and a good diet can pay off.
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Rock on my friend! Just think how munch easier it is to sneak up on and shoot tasty animals with less weight to lug around. I say keep up the good work and keep your PCP and diabetes life coach in the loop.
  • LioshaM
    LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Great job.. anything is possible with dedication
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    One thing people r not getting this is a GUY they lose a lot more in a week then a girl does so let's say CONGRATS and keep up the good work!!!!!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    that's great! Keep up the hard work!!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you thebowhunter on the loss and best wishes for your continued success. Your dedication to losing weight is very impressive and it should be an inspiration to all. Keep up the good work!

I have lost 24 pounds in 5 weeks and I am eating a lot more calories than 1,500 per day. So I can say with great certainty that it is very possible to lose 39 pounds in 7 weeks. You should be applauded instead of questioned.
  • AmandaJW1981
    AmandaJW1981 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Thats fantastic! Your doing a great job so keep up the awesome work!

Let me just say that no one has the right to judge him. Ive seen this kind of things happen before and hes doing nothing wrong. Another thing if he has Diabeties its very easy to get weight off with the right kind of Diabeties diet. Hes a male so therefore it makes it so much easier to lose weight than it does for a woman doing the exact same thing. Proven fact people.

Try not to be so negative. This is the first time I have seen so many people be so negative. If you cant give someone support than stay off and dont post anything. Just worry about your own weight.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Curious... whats was your SW?
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Wow great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!