Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options
jam0525
jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
Hello everyone!

This forum is for those of us who use a Wii Fit, Wii Plus, or any of the other many wonderful Wii Fitness programs for all or part of our exercise program. At the beginning of every month we set our exercise goals for the month and then encourage each other to meet them. So if your Wii-ing it we hope you will join us!

JAM

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I just Wiid it and burned 390 calories....my legs were shaking! But it felt soooo good! I'm all in!!
  • LollopingLucy
    Options
    I just got the Wii Fit Plus upgrade--it's awesome! Let's do this thing!
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in. Let''s try again!!! Knee's better and hopefully will stay better. I will aim to do 3 Wii workouts a week. Breaking myself back in easily.

Good luck for Wii-ing in February everyone.
  • CABERGLUND
    Options
    Loving my Wii Fit Plus. The kids even do it with me. It actually makes them aware of body issues and they encourage me to workout when I might not feel like it. I try to work out everyday for 45 minutes with the step and then watch tv with the free step. Man I can feel those yoga moves,too...ouch!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    For the month of February, I am going to try to stick to my 6 week challenge, and that is 3 days a week at least on my Wii.
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Count me in!
    I got the Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and have been easing into it. I hope to do 45 minutes on it 3 days a week, and a full hour on 2 days. I mix it up so as not to get bored, but I never skip the skateboarding or yoga.
    Why does it congratulate you when you've done 30 minutes , but not an hour? That bugs me!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I'm committing to my wii more this month. I did a little this afternoon. Ran for 20 min, and did 3 sets of the kung fu. Still can't get over the 660 mark on the kung fu.

I found that my HRM shows a lot more calories worked off than the game does. I don't think thegameis correct. Don't really know how it thinks it knows how hard (or not) that I am working.

My challenge for February is to be on it at least 3 times a week for 45 - 60 minutes.

Hope everyone gets off to a great start for the month.

Ann
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and welcome to our new comers!

I only did 3 minutes on the Wii today so that it won't yell at me tomorrow. I went ice skating and managed to skate the whole 2 hour session. I only counted it as 1 hour for my log as I did stop and rest here and there and did not push myself to go fast or be aggressive.

For the month of February my Wii goal will be 4 days a week for 40 minutes a day for a total of 120 minutes a week. That is lower than normal, but I have yoga twice a week now at work and I plan on being a weekend warrior doing sporting activities like skating, skiing and swimming.

Good night everyone and Happy February,

JAM
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I'll join too. I'm only seven work outs away from finishing my first 30 day challenge with Wii Active. I wanna do it at least one more time before I get the upgrade. Like I said in the other post its great all except for those Kick Backs (or ups, whatever it is). I've owned it six months and am just now finishing my first challenge. I know I can do this, and burn it off. I have 26 pounds to go and about 12 weeks till my hubby comes home.
  • jefflewis1106
    Options
    i would like to join
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I got a head start and did just over an hour this evening. Was a good sweat! Hoping throughout the month I will exceed my own expectations. I think it's time for new batteries!
  • SkodaGal
    SkodaGal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'll hop into this group, sounds like one I'd be interested in :) As for Wii fitness programs I have and use, they are Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, and My Fitness Coach. So far I've found the My Fitness Coach the most beneficial, but they're all useful. I just need to really commit to staying on track with committed workout days.
  • lilwade84
    Options
    I have a wii-fit i'm in...
  • lilwade84
    Options
    lol yes the yoga on the wii fit HURT!!! it was so funny i had my 4 year old cousin trying it was SOOOO funny
  • oldegbers
    Options
    Im in! I love using my wii fit plus. I even have my 2 year old son do it with me & we both enjoy it.
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My goal for February is to work out 3 times a week for at least 60 minutes. I have set my calorie burn goal to 250 on the Wii and if all the posts are correct, it will actually be a lot more than that!

I have set My Workout to include yoga, strength training and then more yoga. I also do the Super Hula (seems to burn the most calories), the run (in cardio) and 3 rounds of boxing....I did this routine on Saturday and it took me an hour and 15 minutes and burned off 399 calories! WOOHOO!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hello everyone and welcome to our new comers!

I only did 3 minutes on the Wii today so that it won't yell at me tomorrow. I went ice skating and managed to skate the whole 2 hour session. I only counted it as 1 hour for my log as I did stop and rest here and there and did not push myself to go fast or be aggressive.

For the month of February my Wii goal will be 4 days a week for 40 minutes a day for a total of 120 minutes a week. That is lower than normal, but I have yoga twice a week now at work and I plan on being a weekend warrior doing sporting activities like skating, skiing and swimming.

Good night everyone and Happy February,

JAM

I am envious! I wish we had an ice skating rink around here! The closest is an hour away. I love to skate. Especially did roller skating when I was young!!! Okay....so that tells you how old I am!! ;) Glad you had fun skating!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    My goal for February is to work out 3 times a week for at least 60 minutes. I have set my calorie burn goal to 250 on the Wii and if all the posts are correct, it will actually be a lot more than that!

I have set My Workout to include yoga, strength training and then more yoga. I also do the Super Hula (seems to burn the most calories), the run (in cardio) and 3 rounds of boxing....I did this routine on Saturday and it took me an hour and 15 minutes and burned off 399 calories! WOOHOO!!

I agree the hula does burn calories!!! It is fun too. Good for you on the calorie Burn!!!! You probably did more than the game said!!!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Still going strong! I'm in the second week of my second 6 week challenge on EA Active More Workouts. I workout 4 times per week at medium intensity and am supposed to have 3 rest days. I did fun cardio stuff on my last two rest days, so I've worked out 6 days in a row! I'm so ready for a rest day today.
    I did some reverse flys or rows that put a serious hurt on my shoulder blades/shoulders. Now if I can just go home and actually REST! I've become accustomed to the daily activity.
  • steph1499
    Options
    I just got my wii and the games with it ( Jillian 2010, wii fit plus, biggest loser, and your shape) Im super excited. Im going to be doing it during nap time and when the kids are sleeping. my 1 year old likes to sit between my legs as im going the wii fit. lol