Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
    I enter the activity in exercise with my HRM, and I created an exercise "wii fitness", and just enter the calories burned from my HRM.

Supermel - FYI - Depends on how long your working out per session and how intense. Your burning more than 100 calories.
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Wii Fit Plus yesterday. I used it for the first time today. Is it going to be worth the money I spent on it?
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I just bought the Wii Fit Plus yesterday. I used it for the first time today. Is it going to be worth the money I spent on it?

Yes. Provided you use it.! It's been the perfect tool for myself into easing back into exercise.
  • tobysjrzgrl
    tobysjrzgrl Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I really enjoy it. I've used mine daily since November. (If you don't the little witch has a comment!! :) Also like the diversity of the exercises.
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Okay thank you. :-)
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options

I love mine! I use it almost every day and love to play the games and it is a great way to get some exercise in without really feeling like I'm exercising. It's lots of fun!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I use regular rechargeable batteries for my board. I use regular batteries for the remote though. My brother bought the rechargeable thing for his WII remote but has a hard time getting them to keep a charge for a lengthy time. :o)

I have the rechargeable batteries for my remotes, and it stays charged for son long, I forget until my remote dies. :grumble: But luckily I keep both charged and I always play myself, so it doesn't bother me too much. The worst I have happened to me, was that the transformer turned off, right in the middle of my workout when I was doing so well! Everything was deleted! :mad: :angry: :explode: , I almost lost my mood to turn it back on.

Today I completed workout 11 of the 6week challenge. I'm proud of myself, because I got home from work, turned on the Wii, and then decided I didn't feel like doing it. So I did some homework. Then I went back and did it again, this time I successful completed the workout. I have to tell you guys, even thought I don't get on my wii everyday (I do workout daily), I feel committed to everyone and do not want to let myself or you guys down! :flowerforyou:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Greetings fellow wii'ers!!!!!! Yeay for me....I finally found a few minutes to get on the wii this morning. Have the day off so got a little excercise in. I will go to CURVES this afternoon but wanted to do some wii as well since I haven't been on it for a week I think. Didn't do too bad. Forgot to wear my HRM but did my routine, the island run, the basic run, and boxing. Seemed to work up quite a sweat so that was good!!!!

Everyone have a great day.

Ann
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Greetings fellow wii'ers!!!!!! Yeay for me....I finally found a few minutes to get on the wii this morning. Have the day off so got a little excercise in. I will go to CURVES this afternoon but wanted to do some wii as well since I haven't been on it for a week I think. Didn't do too bad. Forgot to wear my HRM but did my routine, the island run, the basic run, and boxing. Seemed to work up quite a sweat so that was good!!!!

Everyone have a great day.

Ann

Good to see you back at it Ann. The boxing and the run's are great burns. Oh that's right , it's a holiday for some , ENJOY that!
    I go for my 6th day in a row tonight, break time tomorrow.
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.

Monday again and a new week of Wii-ing. I did 45 minutes (188 calories) today including my EA active workout for the 6 week challenge. I didn't get a chance yesterday to do any Wiiing - went to the cinema instead :tongue:

Tomorrow I have a day off from work and I am going to be cleaning up a frenzy in my flat. That should burn some calories :bigsmile:. Then tomorrow night I'll buckle down for another Wii workout. I managed to complete the beginner obstacle course on the Wii fit plus tonight and as a celebration, jumped round my livingroom :laugh: . Felt slightly silly but it took me about a million trys because I kept getting knocked off my the last big ball!!! Will try the advanced tomorrow!!

Hope everyone had a good Monday :heart:
  • PCOSucks
    Options
    Count me in! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Wii fit! I have been getting into the habit of using it every day. I unlocked the free-mode in aerobic step and I can have it playing while I walk and watch other things on TV. It works really well for me!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

This is a non-Fii Day for me but I wanted to pop in and post this link to an article that was on the Yahoo main page today on weightloss. Most we already know, but a good reminder.

http://health.yahoo.com/featured/81/6-easy-slim-down-strategies/

I hope everyone is having a good start to the new week and I will catch up on the posts later.

JAM
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

This is a non-Fii Day for me but I wanted to pop in and post this link to an article that was on the Yahoo main page today on weightloss. Most we already know, but a good reminder.

http://health.yahoo.com/featured/81/6-easy-slim-down-strategies/

I hope everyone is having a good start to the new week and I will catch up on the posts later.

JAM
  • elysant
    Options
    Good evening everyone.

Monday again and a new week of Wii-ing. I did 45 minutes (188 calories) today including my EA active workout for the 6 week challenge. I didn't get a chance yesterday to do any Wiiing - went to the cinema instead :tongue:

Tomorrow I have a day off from work and I am going to be cleaning up a frenzy in my flat. That should burn some calories :bigsmile:. Then tomorrow night I'll buckle down for another Wii workout. I managed to complete the beginner obstacle course on the Wii fit plus tonight and as a celebration, jumped round my livingroom :laugh: . Felt slightly silly but it took me about a million trys because I kept getting knocked off my the last big ball!!! Will try the advanced tomorrow!!

Hope everyone had a good Monday :heart:

That obstacle course is going to be the death of me. I get soooooooooooo close and then boom, off into the water!!! GRRRRRR ;O) Congratulations on completing it. Don't feel silly about jumping around the living room. I will likely do the same when/if I ever beat it :o)
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    When I finished the obstacle course i celebrated simliarly! That was a tricky one. I haven't spent much time on the advanced course though.

I did the cycling again tonight and did the island tour, 27 flags. (wii fit plus activity). It only took me 6.7 km and i found it much easier than the 'advanced' which seemed to be spread all over more and up the mountain.

I signed my 8 yr old up today too with a profile, and she did some cycling. She thought it was so easy til she tried and then she couldn't around LOL.

I hope to get back to it in the next few nights and get back into the step and the maybe a 'jog'. :)
  • elysant
    Options
    My husband was teasing me because I was having a hard time with some of the games when I first got my WII Fit.:grumble: Then he got on and it was my turn!!!! :laugh: :o) We have a lot of fun competing against each other to see who can get the highest score on different games. It's nice because he can play when I'm busy and then when I get on the next day I see that he beat my score and work really hard to beat his, then he does the same later on! :o) :devil:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Wow , great to see everyone having so much Wii fun! Way to go.

Yeah damn that obstacle course, I think it's out to get me. I never get too far on that thing, and i take quite a bashing, lol.
    I try to avoid it myself, but sometimes the Wii Fit Routine will throw it at me, I usually start with that for the first half hour or so, it's like playing roulette, ya never know what you'll get.

Fun that many of you have some competition in the house. My teenage daughter won't go near the thing. Hoping eventually she will.

Glad you can join us longing4beauty! You and I have the same amount to lose.

Well, I am just waiting for dinner to digest before I get to it, and tomorrow rest.

Here's to a good week for all!
  • boscopup
    Options
    I started a new 30 day challenge in Wii Active today. I'm doing "medium" intensity this time! It was a good workout. A lot of running today!

I still can't believe how strong my thighs are after doing this for a month! :) Squats and lunges are much more controlled.
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I'm going to start the 6-week challenge for EA Active More starting tomorrow morning......................its gonna be tough waking up early, but at least I will get it over with early and I will have time to get other things done after work. I really need to work on a strength training workout instead of just cardio to help tone up my arms! Wish me luck!
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I got a Wii Fit for Christmas and have been using it since January. I love it. If it wasn't for the Wii and the stairs in my house I would get no exercise. I have started with a minimum of 30 minutes 3 times a week.