Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• tigermom79
    Options
    WOW there is so much going on in this thread it is hard to keep up with!!!! Welcome to all the new faces. I haven't been on my wii all week because of one reason or another. YUCK!!! I am getting on it today and tomorrow! Probably not until tonight though!!! Cleaning and laundry day in my house. Not so much fun but will keep me busy.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Ann
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    PoeticRose – Your doing great. I hope every week is like this week for you.

Michelle, that is awesome!

Tara – I’m glad you have the braces and are trying them again. I’m thinking about getting EA Active too. When I get to the store and see all the choices, I can’t make up my mind.

Peter – thanks for all the info on the calorie burns with a HRM and the review on EA Active.

Kookla- I like the account name. lol It brings a smile with it. I admire you pushing yourself on the running.

Mlbosch – Welcome!

Rachi- Welcome back to the ‘wagon’.

Yes, there is a lot going on in this thread. I looks like we are all doing pretty well all in all. That is great.

I did 40 minutes free step and free run this morning. I hope to get back on for a little bit more today trying to make up for tomorrow today. Lol

What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? How are we coping with chocolates and sweets this year as compared to last year?

JAM
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    We're going to Joe's Crabshack for dinner. :o) I got online, checked out the menu, figured out the nutrition info, and know what I am going to have. :o) WOO HOO. I like going in prepared. My husband is awesome and doesn't bring in all the chocolate and candy for V-Day since I'm trying to lose weight. He gives me flowers and makes me breakfast instead. :o) The at home support is wonderful and VERY helpful! :o)

Have a great evening folks!
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii Fit and would like to use it as my exercise program. I just started this program yesterday.

Welcome and good luck. Hope you meet your targets :smile:
    I did an hour of Wii-ing today which included my 6 week challenge workout and a Wii Fit plus workout - burned 207 calories in total. A whole week of workouts and no sore knees. YAY!!!! :bigsmile:
    I'll do my second week of the 6 week challenge keeping on the lower level and then start to build up the intensity.
    I haven't tried the advanced cycling on the Wii fit plus so I'll give it a go too. Saturday and Sunday are my rest days on the EA Active but will be doing some walking tomorrow and probably will get a workout in on the Wii on Sunday at some point.

Have a good weekend and a Happy Valentines day when it comes :heart: :heart:

FYI,

If your having a good workout and perspiring, there's NO WAY you can only burn 200 calories in an hour.
    Now if your not keeping up with the Wii, and not perspiring, then maybe 200, but you possibly burned 300-400 calories.

I don't really take the Wii calories burned seriously. Reading on here and other posts they are not accurate because it doesn't know how intensley you are working out!! I should invest in a HRM really but thanks for letting me know.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I kept my Wii-ing less intense tonight. My ankle hurts. Also have way too many calories left over today. Treated myself to a little chocolate ice cream. Is there anything better in the world? :tongue: Still have 600 calories left over after that!
    Also, I just took my last swallow of the overly sugared coffee that i have been living on for decades.

Going to go for 6 days in a row on the Wii this week. Four down , two to go.

I am finding exercise has many benefits besides the burn. I am sleeping so much better, and drinking much more water!
    Best Christmas present ever.

Hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day. :heart:
    I am a chocolate lover myself and will more than likely have a taste, but that's all.
  • glassgenie
    glassgenie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just started my 30 day challenge last Wed. and also using the wii fit plus. I love it!!! I am doing 30 min. on each disc. Hoping to lose 25 lbs and get into shape.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Love the name glassgenie! Glad you can join us. :smile:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use any of the rechargeable options for remotes or balance board? Any faves or cautions? What about motion plus? Have wii fit plus with balance board. Haven't ventured to any other fitness games because they sounded more like workouts and less like fun...
    Thanks!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Thank goodness it is a new week. EGADS....not a good one as far as calories go. I am back to the 1200 tomorrow!!!!! I know it should be today but I am going to dinner with my hubby and want to be able to enjoy it!!!! Will still try and make smart choices though!!!

Have a great day and Happy Valentines to everyone!!!!
    Ann
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Ordered EA Sports Active More workouts today! Never tried the EA Sports Active, but I do have Wii Fit Plus & I love it! Actually about to do my 45 minutes on there now before I go out to dinner! (Will probably have to do some workouts on it once I get home too hahaha) Can't wait til my EA Active gets here!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    You're going to love it, Jerzeebabie!

Today I got my "halfway there" trophy. I'm three weeks into my second 6 week challenge, and I've not missed a schedule workout in that entire 9 week period. I'm pretty proud of myself. I feel super strong.
  • elysant
    Options
    Okay... it was hard to get up and work out today. I did it, but I really didn't enjoy it. Ugh.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Just finished Wii BL workout. I don't know if I'm doing the tricep dips correctly. I think I do them better when I hang on to the couch instead of doing them on the floor. My arms actually move when I use the couch edge, whereas my butt just goes up and down if I try to do it from the floor.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Okay... it was hard to get up and work out today. I did it, but I really didn't enjoy it. Ugh.

Way to go Tara. You won't regret it. Sorry you didn't enjoy it at all. You must need to try something that is more fun for ya. i just finished mine and admittedly I am looking forward to my rest day Tuesday. I did manage to do the advanced cycling in less than half the time today. I was almost afraid to start it because it took me forever to finish last time.

I have a ton of calories left in my day now. Dinner time!!
    Oh, I survived my first day off the coffee, yay. Monday is the real test.

Keep pushing it everyone.
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I haven't wii'd since wednesday. My foot just keeps hurting worse and worse, so i'm sticking to my 1200 calories. I'm hoping the wii fit plus will show up in the mail by wednesday as my hubby mailed it from over seas last tuesday. I can't wait. Great job everyone and keep up the good work!!
  • tobysjrzgrl
    tobysjrzgrl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use any of the rechargeable options for remotes or balance board? Any faves or cautions? What about motion plus? Have wii fit plus with balance board. Haven't ventured to any other fitness games because they sounded more like workouts and less like fun...
    Thanks!

I got the recharger for the balance board for Christmas. It's great. I'm waiting for the $5.00 coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond, then I'll get the charger for the remotes.
  • tobysjrzgrl
    tobysjrzgrl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Does anyone post their calories burned on the wii into the exercise section of MFP. Curious as to how you're recording it.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor, and record my calories burned on Wii under aerobics.

I have a recharger for my Wii board & LOVE it! It plugs into my computer via a USB cable. Batteries can get expensive, and this saves us buttloads of cash!
  • elysant
    Options
    I use regular rechargeable batteries for my board. I use regular batteries for the remote though. My brother bought the rechargeable thing for his WII remote but has a hard time getting them to keep a charge for a lengthy time. :o)
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Whew. Tonight I finally pushed past the 300 calorie burn on the Wii. It took me an hour and 15 minutes. I know alot of you do far more intense workouts than that, but for me , it's a first. Considering how I felt at the end of the work day, even more so. I
    really need to get an HRM to have a better idea of how many calories I really burned.

All this praise for the EA Active too , I may have to look into getting that soon myself , sounds like fun.

Hey Supermel, you are not kidding about that last flag taking foreverrr to find on the advanced cycling, haha, part of the reason I ended up on there so long tonight! Almost took me as long to make my way back to the finish line. Thanks for the inspiration!

Happy weekend everybody!

I'm so glad i wasn't the only one! I could not find my way back to the finish line! I was soo tired, having doing the 30DayShred DVD first, but i wanted to find those last two flags. I weighed in on the wii fit plus yesterday and started the island tour and its 27 flags for the cycling. EKK. I hope i get time to do it tomorrow, its a holiday here. I also hope to play Mario and Sonic olympic game with the kids! Congrats on the 300 calorie, i have only just broke 100!