Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• boscopup
    Options
    Hey, I'm joining in this thread. I have Wii Fit Plus and EA Active. I just finished my 30 day challenge today, and the last few days I even bumped it up to medium level! Woohoo! I'm going to start another 30 day challenge Monday and try to do it on medium level from the beginning. I'm also adding in more Wii Fit Plus things here and there. I have a Yoga series saved that I sometimes do get stretched out and such. I've also been doing some of the running, plus I sometimes do Free Step while watching TV. I did Free Run for the first time the other day, and couldn't believe I actually ran for 10 minutes!

I've lost 6.5 lbs since starting MFP about 3 weeks ago, and the EA Active has been pretty much my main exercise. I already feel MUCH stronger, especially in the legs. I had some knee issues early on, but double checked my form, started doing some knee exercises now and then, and took Ibuprofen as needed to help with any inflammation. My knees aren't bothering me as much now, so I think they're building appropriate muscles. :) I can even do lunges pretty well now, though I start yelling at the screen when they have you do jump lunges, then high knees, then inline skating, then squat holds... :P

My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, and I'm asking for EA Active More Workouts. My friend has told me about it and I really look forward to doing the step aerobics in that and also the 6 week challenge.

I'm really glad we got the Wii a year ago. I used to have a gym membership, but my kids were getting colds so often that I couldn't go as much as I wanted to. Now I can just workout during nap time, whether the kids are sick or well. Love it!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have been enjoying the wii fit plus cycling. I finally found the last two flags for the advanced but it took me forever (had just finished another work out video first lol). I unlocked 'island tour' but was too tired (walked 10km finishing the flags). Will try it tomorrow ;)
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Tara- Have you ever tried soft braces for your knees? I had to wear them when I first started exercising. I was told to wear one on both knees until I knew I didn’t have to anymore. I got mine at a drugstore.

Gratz to all for doing their workouts today,

JAM
  • ThaPoeticRose
    Options
    Loving my wii fit, it is the best thing around.... I am becoming a hola hoop expert, didn't think I could move my hips like this. I am enjoying the wii fit plu so much... though, it does make you very sore....but I lost 1.5 lbs in 2 days... if I could lose this type of weight every couple of days, I will definitely hit my goal by march 2nd..... good luck to all......
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Busy busy in my little world. Will check in and post more over the week-end!!! Have a super great Friday!
  • fozzy33
    Options
    Gonna get on the wii in a few minutes here was just having my breakfast LOL. Gonna do BL Core workout and then into wii fitness...mostly running and step aerobics. Then outside in my back hard for some kettlebells!

Since I stopped eating all my exercise calories back I have lost 2lbs in 4 days. Woooohooooo!!!!

Have a great day and workouts everyone!

Michelle
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    Jam -

I have used them in the past. I should probably get them out for this. I have dislocated my patellas 15 times since high school, ugh. Then with the weight gain it makes it REALLY hard to do any knee focused exercises. I will have to pull out my braces and try using them though, that might help. :o) Thanks!

So, tired or not, I did 67 minutes on my WII Fit Plus yesterday! I am sooooo proud of myself! I did a custom workout that combined yoga and strength that took about 55 minutes, then I did some hula hooping and an obstacle course. I really want to get through the 4th level of the obstacle course! :o)

I am thinking of getting the EA Active game. I see a lot of people using it and everyone seems to be enjoying it. :O)

Okay, I hope everyone has a great Friday!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Gonna get on the wii in a few minutes here was just having my breakfast LOL. Gonna do BL Core workout and then into wii fitness...mostly running and step aerobics. Then outside in my back hard for some kettlebells!

Since I stopped eating all my exercise calories back I have lost 2lbs in 4 days. Woooohooooo!!!!

Have a great day and workouts everyone!

Michelle

Wow! Congrats, that is fantastic!!!!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of getting the EA Active game. I see a lot of people using it and everyone seems to be enjoying it. :O)

One thing I found great about EA active was to customize your workouts. I was able to create a 28 min workout where I felt I was playing games. Awesome.
    Other thing that you can pick events that aren't hard on the knees.
    ie. I do alot of cardio boxing, punching targets, Swinging baseball bats, throwing baseballs, hittings balls in tennis, serving, setting bumping in volleyball, and even dancing. It's just standing, dancing on the spot and pointing the arms in every directions, up, down left right and combination of.

I check my HRM against the Wii calorie burn during my workout, and I'm doing almost twice the calorie burn that the Wii says.
    at 44 I was at 98, 180, I was at 360, and 220 I was at 444. Same thing with the 30 day exercise, wii says 192 i burned 400
  • elysant
    Options

One thing I found great about EA active was to customize your workouts. I was able to create a 28 min workout where I felt I was playing games. Awesome.
    Other thing that you can pick events that aren't hard on the knees.
    ie. I do alot of cardio boxing, punching targets, Swinging baseball bats, throwing baseballs, hittings balls in tennis, serving, setting bumping in volleyball, and even dancing. It's just standing, dancing on the spot and pointing the arms in every directions, up, down left right and combination of.

I check my HRM against the Wii calorie burn during my workout, and I'm doing almost twice the calorie burn that the Wii says.
    at 44 I was at 98, 180, I was at 360, and 220 I was at 444. Same thing with the 30 day exercise, wii says 192 i burned 400

That's awesome Peter. Thank you for the info. :o) I definitely like being able to customize workouts!! I will probably be getting it today or tomorrow! :o) I'll have to look into the calorie burning from the WII too. I want to be accurate in what I'm recording. :O)
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    I did the Wii Fit yoga yesterday and the running for 25 minutes. I am just getting over a yucky cold, so it felt good to get moving again! In a few minutes, I will be back on it. I love it and the time goes by so fast when I'm on it!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I have been enjoying the wii fit plus cycling. I finally found the last two flags for the advanced but it took me forever (had just finished another work out video first lol). I unlocked 'island tour' but was too tired (walked 10km finishing the flags). Will try it tomorrow ;)

I haven't yet tried the advanced cycling, but now i will. Tonight!

Hope everyone's weekend gets off to a great start!
  • mlbosch
    Options
    I have a Wii Fit and would like to use it as my exercise program. I just started this program yesterday.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I have a Wii Fit and would like to use it as my exercise program. I just started this program yesterday.

Welcome to MFP, and our team! I am pretty new here myself. You will find alot of support and motivation.The Wii Fit has been a great tool to ease me back into exercise. Hope you are having fun with it often.
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Welcome and good luck. Hope you meet your targets :smile:
    I did an hour of Wii-ing today which included my 6 week challenge workout and a Wii Fit plus workout - burned 207 calories in total. A whole week of workouts and no sore knees. YAY!!!! :bigsmile:
    I'll do my second week of the 6 week challenge keeping on the lower level and then start to build up the intensity.
    I haven't tried the advanced cycling on the Wii fit plus so I'll give it a go too. Saturday and Sunday are my rest days on the EA Active but will be doing some walking tomorrow and probably will get a workout in on the Wii on Sunday at some point.

Have a good weekend and a Happy Valentines day when it comes :heart: :heart:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Welcome and good luck. Hope you meet your targets :smile:
    I did an hour of Wii-ing today which included my 6 week challenge workout and a Wii Fit plus workout - burned 207 calories in total. A whole week of workouts and no sore knees. YAY!!!! :bigsmile:
    I'll do my second week of the 6 week challenge keeping on the lower level and then start to build up the intensity.
    I haven't tried the advanced cycling on the Wii fit plus so I'll give it a go too. Saturday and Sunday are my rest days on the EA Active but will be doing some walking tomorrow and probably will get a workout in on the Wii on Sunday at some point.

Have a good weekend and a Happy Valentines day when it comes :heart: :heart:

FYI,

If your having a good workout and perspiring, there's NO WAY you can only burn 200 calories in an hour.
    Now if your not keeping up with the Wii, and not perspiring, then maybe 200, but you possibly burned 300-400 calories.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Whew. Tonight I finally pushed past the 300 calorie burn on the Wii. It took me an hour and 15 minutes. I know alot of you do far more intense workouts than that, but for me , it's a first. Considering how I felt at the end of the work day, even more so. I
    really need to get an HRM to have a better idea of how many calories I really burned.

All this praise for the EA Active too , I may have to look into getting that soon myself , sounds like fun.

Hey Supermel, you are not kidding about that last flag taking foreverrr to find on the advanced cycling, haha, part of the reason I ended up on there so long tonight! Almost took me as long to make my way back to the finish line. Thanks for the inspiration!

Happy weekend everybody!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Okay so I have the Wii Fit Plus and have been doing it just about every night for the past 2 weeks. But I never had any of the Wii Fit stuff so anyone out there who has more stuff for it please let me know what else I should buy to get an even better workout. I do like Wii Fit Plus but I hear about the EA Active and some other stuff that sounds like some really good workouts. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
  • elysant
    Options
    I did 20 minutes free run tonight. I'll be getting back on in about 15/20 minutes to try and get the other 30 minutes in for my 60 minutes today. We'll see how I feel... it was a pretty hectic day, lots of running around that had to get done. Everything got accomplished though. I'm not going to be too worried about it if I don't get my other 30 minutes in though. I am just under my calories for the day, drank all of my water, and feel really good after the 20 minute run. :O)
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon!
    I have taken about a week break from my Wii and exercising altogether:grumble: due to no power and flatout laziness. Anyways I am done with excuses and I restarted EA active 30 day challenge on the hard setting. I feel great after I exercise, I really don't know why I didn't . So I am officially back on the wagon:drinker: :flowerforyou: