Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• JimJam87
    Options
    I'd like to join please :) I'm starting tomorrow and plan on doing the wii 3 times a week. I have the My Fitness Coach game, I've only done it once but I loved it so I'm going to get back into it during February! x
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    :happy: I must say I was going to take today off from working out but after reading everybodies posts it makes me want to go home and do some Wii Fit! Thanks everybody!
  • rlucas1972
    Options
    I've been doing a combination of Wii Fit, cardio and weight training. On my fifth week and the program is working great! You get out of Wii Fit what you put into it. Cycling, Super Hula Hoop, Long Run and Tilt City are on my daily things to do!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Just finished an hour and a 230 calorie burn in the Wii, so I am back on the horse after missing a couple days. I felt so much better today and was up for it even after another grueling 10 hour work day. A little yoga, a little strength training, super hula, cycling, stepping, and boxing always . Was hoping I might get more calories burned out if after a full hour, but it worked out perfect really as it was just about that many calories I needed to burn to get the numbers right for the day. Planning on another four days straight since I missed a couple in a row.

I have been doing the body test every time, but I think I will start just doing it weekly.

Anybody else have a hard time NOT jumping on the board doing the skateboarding? It has restarted on me more than once for doing so, and thats no fun, lol, but I guess it would be worse if i broke the thing.

Very impressive how hard some of you are working at it , it isn't always easy to find the time or the energy, and still we DO !
    And good to see more joining us!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Wow, just reading all the post, I see that everyone truly looks forward to a workout with their Wii. As I stated yesterday, I thought it was an off night,but I was wrong. So, I completed day 4 of my 6 week challenge. Almost have 1 week down! :drinker:
    Today is my one actually rest day from all workouts, then tomorrow its off to step then another EA challenge day.

Happy Friday and happy wii-ing to all!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good Friday Morning all!!!! Well I didn't get on the wii last night, which means to meet my goal, I need to get on it 2 more times before Sunday. Totally doable!!!!

Sat in a meeting all day yesterday so not a good day calorie wise!!! Today is a new day and I am back at it!!!

Have a great Friday!

Ann
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone. I just had a light lean dinner and ready to hop on the Wii.

I am still hungry and have already gone over on the calories a bit. I had 3 small meals and two healthy snacks today, and less caffeine and sugar. I know I will work the extra calories off momentarily here, hoping too I can work off the appetite. Starting to wonder if my settings have my calorie number lower than it should be. I am trying to break starvation mode, not have myself deeper into it. I guess I will just eat if I am hungry , even if it makes my numbers go in the red, I will simply make sure they are healthy calories.

Also very tired here. This work week kicked my butt, but still no matter , it's time to kick it myself doin' the Wii thing. Maybe I will try golf again, it was a disaster last time I tried it, lol.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join please :) I'm starting tomorrow and plan on doing the wii 3 times a week. I have the My Fitness Coach game, I've only done it once but I loved it so I'm going to get back into it during February! x

Welcome! Glad you're joining us and good luck meeting your goals!

JAM
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Although it is probably almost over for most of you.

I did 40 minutes total on the Wii Fit: 10 minutes hula and 30 minutes free step. I put the balance board up on a piece of carpet and just that little bit made it just a little hard again. I need to get my hubby to make something for it to rest on. I know they sell them, but this should be cheaper.

TwentyTen- Is your daily calorie count equal to your BMR? It should not be less than that. As you loose weight you can adjust it.

Ann- You can do it. I know you will find the time this weekend to meet your goal.

JAM
  • tobysjrzgrl
    tobysjrzgrl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Today was my 65th day on the wii plus. I've been trying to do 30-40 minutes a day for the past few weeks. Still can't ski jump. I wind up a giant snow ball. I think it has something to do with my knees. I had one replaced and need the other one done and can't lock it. Oh well, I still love downhill snowboard and golf.
  • onevpb
    Options
    Oh I am so there. I love working out on the wii it is fun and rewarding!
    My goals for the month of february are as follows:
    3/ workouts a day
    1- biggest loser
    2- wii active
    3- wii plus / yoga

I am very determined to lose this weight. And it is coming off cause my skinny clothes and bikini are waiting for me ! Oh Ya!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Just burned 286 cals according to the Wii, and had a good sweat.

I guess I am a little confused JAM. My daily calorie count is at 1200, but when adding the exercise calories, it then equals pretty close to the BMR, which is 1427. Is that the way it should be done? I mean, if I now eat those extra calories? That is how I understand it, or maybe I don't. Appreciate your asking, because I really want to get this right! After that burn, the numbers tell me I have 89 calories left over today, and I am more than happy to eat them , let me tell you! ha. It has been working out that way overall, and I end up just a little over, or a little under that goal number.

Oh , and i still reeeally suck at golf. What am I doing wrong Judy? Getting better at the skateboarding tho'. Damn those lunges. I let the Wii pick a couple routines for me, before I pick and choose my faves, and today it seemed to repeat my least favorite yoga and strength training exercises. So funny yelling at the TV, my daughter has a good laugh!
  • Jenna1972
    Jenna1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and would like to join...

I've been using the wii for the past month, just to get me to gradually build my enjoyment for exercise. I love watching my mii shrink, almost as much as watching ME shrink.

I have been using FIT every few days, but want to commit to more. I've also started playing DDR on wii and it is lots of fun!!
    I play with my dd who is 11, and today she said, "Mom, I'm getting tired, we've been doing this for over an hour!" I was still rocking!

I also just got the Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 in the mail from gamefly, and found a good deal on ebay for the snowboard accessorie and resort sports so I'm excited to try them.

Goal: :flowerforyou: Log 3 days a week on wii, 30 min minimum (along with the 3 hours/week I do at the gym)
    :flowerforyou: Keep my wiifit age 5 years or lower than real age.
    :flowerforyou: Increase use of yoga/strength training. I always skip those b/c I hate floorwork,
    but my flexibility really needs to be better.
  • neonhorn22
    Options
    Add me to the Wii Fit Plus list! According to this site, I've lost 8 lbs. but I've really lost 12 because I joined after I had already lost 4 lbs.

Right now, I'm alternating between doing 30 mins. of Wii Fit Aerobics (Island Run, Advanced Boxing, Basic and Advanced Step, and Hula Hoop) and I generally burn between 220 to 260 calories doing that, according to Wii Fit (I need to get a HRM)

And then I do 30 mins. on my elliptical.

I recently added the 30 day shred and it KILLED me, so I had to lay off for a while, but I'm going to add it back in soon!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Wow, Neonhorn, if your burning that much without a HRM, you'll be excited with the numbers when you do get one. I always find my HRM to say I burned more than my Wii.

Today, I successfully completed day 6 of my challenge, getting about 30 mins in on my EA Active, then running a mile on the threadmil and completing step. I feel great, and so upset that it is only 12:30, I have the slightest idea how I am going to spend the rest of my afternoon. I do have a dinner this evening but that is not until 6pm. So I only have a few hours.

Happy Wii-ing to all, and enjoy your Saturday.
  • ukheather
    ukheather Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I worked out 5 days last week using EA Active and am taking my breaks this weekend.
    One week down, lots to go!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    I get so excited about the trophies on EA Active. In the past couple days I got the 50 workouts completed trophy, and 10,000 calories burned. Silly to care because the calories are way off, but I'm still proud of my "trophy"!
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I'm in the last week of finishing my first thirty day challenge (I've always gotten sick and never been able to complete one since last July). My orange band has started ripping at the base of the handle, which kinda ticked me off. So when I was at target I found the offbrand one that is five dollars cheeper and looks like a yellow jump rope. I've been doing the hardest intensity and omg when I used the yellow band I thought I was going to die. What where they thinking when they made it? It's so short and tight, it honestly looks like a jump rope for a two year old. My arms are killing me today but I'm gonna do it again. Beware of the short yellow rope. LOL!
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Haa! I'm laughing at the short yellow rope! One of my dorky cats likes to bite at mine while I'm using it. He put a hole in it. I tied a knot where he bit to secure it. I have 3 bands of varying strengths I can use when it breaks for real. They're all tighter than the EA Active one.
    My leg strap is pretty tired already and it's only 2 months old!
    I wish they sold the accessories separately.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Just burned 286 cals according to the Wii, and had a good sweat.

I guess I am a little confused JAM. My daily calorie count is at 1200, but when adding the exercise calories, it then equals pretty close to the BMR, which is 1427. Is that the way it should be done? I mean, if I now eat those extra calories? That is how I understand it, or maybe I don't. Appreciate your asking, because I really want to get this right! After that burn, the numbers tell me I have 89 calories left over today, and I am more than happy to eat them , let me tell you! ha. It has been working out that way overall, and I end up just a little over, or a little under that goal number.

Oh , and i still reeeally suck at golf. What am I doing wrong Judy? Getting better at the skateboarding tho'. Damn those lunges. I let the Wii pick a couple routines for me, before I pick and choose my faves, and today it seemed to repeat my least favorite yoga and strength training exercises. So funny yelling at the TV, my daughter has a good laugh!

I suck at golf too.....Stupid game!!! My kids laugh at me when I play it. Guess I should practice some, when they aren't around....:)