Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Just posting to say hello and see how everyone is doing. It looks like we are all in high spirits getting ready for a good month.

Today was my yoga class and the instructor kicked our ____! 20 minutes of ab exercises. I'm beat.

JAM
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Just posting to say hello and see how everyone is doing. It looks like we are all in high spirits getting ready for a good month.

Today was my yoga class and the instructor kicked our ____! 20 minutes of ab exercises. I'm beat.

JAM

I needed to be with you!!! I need work on my abs.....Get some rest!!!

Ann
  • tigermom79
    Options
    YEEEEHAWWWW!!!!! I just beat my best score at advanced boxing!!!! 1127!!!!! I am sure most of you are way above that, but that was cool for me!!!! ;) I worked out 51 minutes and it said 239 calories. I forgot to put on my HRM before I started so who knows!!! Have a great night!

Ann
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Hi all! Newcomer to the group :)

Does anyone have any opinions on Wii's Biggest Loser? I just bought it tonight, so I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow. I'm excited but a little skeptical about it being a great workout. I've only been using Wii Fit Plus since Xmas and it's already growing pretty routine, so I'm hoping this will help me to step up my night time workout.

I usually spend an hour per day using the Wii, in addition to a brisk four mile walk 5 or 6 days a week. My goal will be to maintain that schedule for this month.

Good luck to everyone on meeting your goals :happy:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Newcomer to the group :)

Does anyone have any opinions on Wii's Biggest Loser? I just bought it tonight, so I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow. I'm excited but a little skeptical about it being a great workout. I've only been using Wii Fit Plus since Xmas and it's already growing pretty routine, so I'm hoping this will help me to step up my night time workout.

I usually spend an hour per day using the Wii, in addition to a brisk four mile walk 5 or 6 days a week. My goal will be to maintain that schedule for this month.

Good luck to everyone on meeting your goals :happy:

I have tried that Wii game but I have done Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and it is awesome! Especially if you need to get an excellent workout in quick. It's only 20 minutes and there are 3 different levels. Let me know you like the game!
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well, I started playing the fit plus, ea active, and walk it out game last week. I make it a point to weigh myself daily at wii fit plus and I'll usually play the flying chicken exercise and the bike riding, and occasionally the obstacle course.

then the ea active for about 3 days a week and that thing's a good workout but it ticks me off when it doesn't register my movement and i'm stuck in a squat for 3 minutes trying to get the game to realize it, or that side lunge just won't register arghhh... but it's a more strict workout routine than the wii fit

and walk it out is something that i might hit once a week - its really easy to keep walking in that game, so it's good if you want light exercise but for me i notice i just spent an hour walking at like 2 mph and i feel like that hour could've been better spent on the treadmill at 3.5 or jogging a bit.

Good luck everyone!
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    TeeTee,
    I have the Wii Balance Board and I really like it. I think it adds a little more to the work out so far. Some days are with the board and others are without. The reverse crunches didn't give me much trouble but I had to move around a bit to get the signal to pick up.

Lianne
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    TeeTee,
    How are you laying on the floor for the reverse crunches? I find it's messed up if I don't lay on the floor with my feet toward the tv and the wii sensor.
    I absolutely hate those!

Thanks for the pointer, I will see if I can move around a little. Though I do it in my bedroom and the bed is about 4 feet from the tv, so I can lay that way, but maybe I will move myself to the left of the tv and keep feet towards the sensor. I will try different things this evening. Tonight is Day 4 of my challenge. I will be back this evening.

And there are so many new people! Hello to all! Hope you have fun working out on your Wii!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I progressed to the advanced on boxing and let me just tell you..I am not a very coordinated person and I struggled with this one trying to get the right movements at the right times! But I did my 30 minutes today and burned 204 calories! Great way to start the day!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I progressed to the advanced on boxing and let me just tell you..I am not a very coordinated person and I struggled with this one trying to get the right movements at the right times! But I did my 30 minutes today and burned 204 calories! Great way to start the day!

That is a great way to start your day Jess, good for you! I am not a morning person and just cannot seem to get up early enough, so I do mine in the evening. Getting myself to work on time is already challenging enough.
    And that advanced boxing , I know what you mean! Haha Yikes, had me fumbling and missing constantly, so I went back to beginner. Some fancy moves on that advanced boxing. i wish it was just a little faster and longer, I mean is all the fancy footwork really necessary?

Good for you on the morning burn. Hope it's a great day for all of us!
  • tigermom79
    Options

Jess;
    I love the boxing. I know what you mean....the dodging thing is something weird. My son had to explain it to me!!!! Good luck and keep me posted on your scores!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I must be loosing my mind.....I thought I posted my success last night. I spent about 45 min on the wii and my YEEHAW was that I hit 1127 on the advanced boxing. I was pretty excited!!!!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Tigermom, your success did post. I thought I almost had deja vu when I re-read it just now. :laugh: I laid off the boxing for a while and when I tried it the other day, I was horrible. So I know what I have to do to get myself back up to par.

This evening, I did day 4, and call myself putting it on the harder workout, I was DYING within the first few minutes. But that's not too bad because at first I wasn't really in the mood to workout, but I wanted to try to commit myself to all my scheduled days for the challenge. In the end, I burned 199 calories and feel pretty good! Tomorrow is my weigh in day, so I will see how I do. But honestly, I'm proud of myself either way!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Tigermom, your success did post. I thought I almost had deja vu when I re-read it just now. :laugh: I laid off the boxing for a while and when I tried it the other day, I was horrible. So I know what I have to do to get myself back up to par.

This evening, I did day 4, and call myself putting it on the harder workout, I was DYING within the first few minutes. But that's not too bad because at first I wasn't really in the mood to workout, but I wanted to try to commit myself to all my scheduled days for the challenge. In the end, I burned 199 calories and feel pretty good! Tomorrow is my weigh in day, so I will see how I do. But honestly, I'm proud of myself either way!

Thanks teetee....So I'm just blind....Not loosing my mind!!! What a relief!!! ;) Have a happy one!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Thanks Tigermom for the encouragement. I was getting pretty frustrated but I'm going to attempt again tomorrow morning and see how I do! I think today my score was around 500 so I hope to hit 1000 the next time!

I looked for the water sports as well last night and didn't see anything. Does anybody know where to find those or if you have to do so much to unlock it?
  • miabrown66
    Options
    I would like to join the Wii group too. I just started on mine this week and am still finding my way around it, but I love the boxing on it too. I did about 15 minutes of beginner step, 6 minutes of kung fu and the rest boxing (about 15-20 minutes) and I can say the boxing has been my favorite. I like the hula hoop too but it wears me out. I am going to try and start out with 3-4 times a week at least 30 minutes at a time. Happy exercising. I really felt great when I got through today.
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Hey everyone!

The watersports and squash etc are a part of EA Active More Workouts. They are under "custom and preset workouts". There are a ton of preset workouts targeted at upper, lower, cardio, abs.

I only have More Workouts, not the first one.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I have a question.....On the wii fit plus.....How many of the basic runs do you have to do before it unlocks the next level. Dang I think I am on #15. I like the runs on the regular wii fit as well, but wanted to advance up on the wii fit plus but can't seem to do it!!!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Welcome Mia, glad you can join us. The boxing and the hula are both good workouts.

Not sure that I will ever get the hang of the advanced boxing, but I will brave another round or two so you all can laugh at my low score. Wouldn't want to get in the ring with you tigermom!

It is fun to try and beat each other's score's but what counts most is just doing it. So yay to everyone here for sticking to it!

Oh and Jess, I do not think the Wii Fit has any water sports, maybe that is in the Wi Active or something. Sounds fun tho!

And teetee , I know what you mean about not really feeling like wanting to do it, but once you get going, and especially when your done and you've burned a couple hundred calories, it feels great!

My plan is for 45 minutes at least tonight, even though I am working late , again.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Welcome Mia, glad you can join us. The boxing and the hula are both good workouts.

Not sure that I will ever get the hang of the advanced boxing, but I will brave another round or two so you all can laugh at my low score. Wouldn't want to get in the ring with you tigermom!

It is fun to try and beat each other's score's but what counts most is just doing it. So yay to everyone here for sticking to it!

Oh and Jess, I do not think the Wii Fit has any water sports, maybe that is in the Wi Active or something. Sounds fun tho!

And teetee , I know what you mean about not really feeling like wanting to do it, but once you get going, and especially when your done and you've burned a couple hundred calories, it feels great!

My plan is for 45 minutes at least tonight, even though I am working late , again.

Yeah well it is all a game!!!!! Don't think I would do that good in a real ring!!!! I would be hiding as I am actually a wimp when it comes to fighting!! And you are correct, just the fact that we are doing it is a great achievement. I find myself challenging myself to beat my own score more than someone elses. The Kung Fu thing is still getting me sometimes. I am going to get over 700 yet!!! ;)