Has anyone deleted their Facebook account?

Options

Replies

• midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I take "breaks" from Facebook by deactivating it every so often. I find it very refreshing.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Haven't deleted mine, but also haven't logged into it for almost 3 years. I logged in for a millisecond to tell people I wasn't dead....not that it mattered because no one ever tried to contact me....
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i deactivated a couple weeks ago, but i relapsed :-(
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what???? then who would take care of my farm??!?!?!!?
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I deleted mine about 6 months ago. No regrets.
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I deleted mine a year ago. It's awesome.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I've deactivated mine a few times in the past few years. How do you delete it for good? I would love to do that.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    This october was my facebook free one year anniversary, I don't need it to know what's going on in my friends lives, that's what my phone's for!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    no, and i never will. I keep in touch with lots of old friends and relatives that live far away with it.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Guess I need to go back in and delete the account. Just before the election I must have only deactivated it. Glad this subject came up so I know to go back and get rid of it. It's so sad that people think they are being family on FB. That's never been my definition. Maybe some of my grandfather passed to me. He refused to have a phone. If you wanted to talk to him, you needed to go in person, otherwise, it just wasn't worth it. I know that's really old school, but the older I get, I think I agree. My grandfather always came to see us, but sometimes you just don't get it until their gone. Will I regret not calling or seeing someone if they should pass. YES! But have I ever felt obligated to FB a family member or friend and stay in touch that way, NO!
  • v65magna
    v65magna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Glad you mentioned this! I've been considering deleting FB because I'm finding it is just a lot of useless stuff now along with people into other people's business. I know people who have been hurt because of things on FB and I don't want to be apart of that. Sad.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Wait, FB allows you to delete accounts now? Guess that shows how long it's been for me. :tongue:
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    by the end of today, mine will be deactivated
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I've deactivated mine a few times in the past few years. How do you delete it for good? I would love to do that.

^this...
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I deactivated my account about 2 years ago then had to reactivate it for school. A couple of my computer classes involved social media and we had to do research and papers that were posted on the facebook page for the book we used. Have a nut job relative who kept stalking and harassing me on facebook. Was so happy the day my classes were over and I could deactivate my account. Wish I knew how to delete the account for good but never saw anything like that. Just saw how to deactivate. Haven't been on facebook in over a year now and I can say I've never been happier.

I was under he impression that facebook changed the settings in that you can full on delete it if you want to. I have friends who deactivated only and they show up as ghost accounts on my friends list. I also have one friend who completely deleted her account and she doesn't show up at all.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I was never on Facebook, I get in touch with friends and family the old fashion way: e-mails, letters, and telephone.

I was never interested in connecting with old friends or dealing with people business on a daily bases; I have plenty with my new ones. Besides, at my age some of my old friends are gone, so "connecting" with them would feel a little bit weird.

I don't regret being away from all social media because for what I read there is plenty of drama in FB, and I get a lot of that in MFP!!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    what???? then who would take care of my farm??!?!?!!?

:laugh:
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    i am facebook sober for 2 years and counting! best way to find out who your real true friends and family are;)
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i've been on and off fb for some time... if anything i find that fb has driven me apart from quite a few people... the quick response to a status or picture or whatever once every few weeks has been in place of giving a phone call and saying "heyyy hows it going"... kind of pathetic really...
  • moraldd
    Options
    What's a Facebook account?