Has anyone deleted their Facebook account?

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Call me `old fashioned` but I have never bothered with a FB account. If I wanted to keep ex school friends or friends as I grew up then I would still keep in contact with them on the phone. My hubby goes on fb and it seems to me that lots of old `friends` dig you up then add you as a friend then find out what your life is like, then move on??

I really don`t understand the whole thing of FB???

I am not putting anyone down that wants to use it as a social thing, but would be interested to know the `pro`s` and how it works for you???
  • mrsklt99
    Options
    No, I still have facebook and can't see ever deleting mine. Between shift work and a chronic illness it is a great way for me to keep in touch with family and friends.

I don't deal in drama, so I don't participate in the drama that sometimes arises in my feed...

Have a great day!
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    googled how to delete facebook.. (if this works)

if anyone is wondering...

first logon.. then type the following link below into your browser..

HowToFacebook.co/delete

then just follow steps from there on...
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options

HowToFacebook.co/delete

then just follow steps from there one...

Thanks I just deleted my old deactivated account. I had no idea there was a delete option.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I have deactivated my account a few times. Now it´s there but I don´t use it much. The only reason I have it is because I have relatives in other countries I have gotten to know all over again through FB and I want to keep that connection alive. Otherwise I don´t use it much. If you guys want your life to be private then don´t post pictures and don´t post private things on your walls, simple, no need to deactivate or delete.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest for anyone that uses the same name on FB as MFP or just posts pics...if you got to google images and type in your user name, all your pics will be there for the world to see!!

So any pics you have posted on MFP/FB in your undies are on google images lol!
  • BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I deleted mine 2 years ago, and haven't once felt the need for it. Being in the dating scene, in my opinion, this keeps dates from stalking me before a date, and forces them to get to know me through good 'ole fashion conversation. Also, for me personally, everyone who I ever want to commmunicate with is in my phone book. The more I looked at it, the less I needed it. I applaud you for ridding yourself of it!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    what???? then who would take care of my farm??!?!?!!?

That's it dude. We could NEVER be friends because you have a FB Farm.... LOL
  • Chigger56
    Options
    Yes. About 2 yrs ago. Don't miss the drama.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    ** gets the shakes just thinking about it **

This.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

HowToFacebook.co/delete

then just follow steps from there one...

Thanks I just deleted my old deactivated account. I had no idea there was a delete option.
    congrats! welcome to the real world ;)
  • missashley2390
    Options
    I tried de-activating mine once,,,and I failed miserably :(( its like that dug you need rehab for. i need to lock up my computer lol. oyyy.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    no, and i never will. I keep in touch with lots of old friends and relatives that live far away with it.

^This. Plus, I belong to a lot of online running-related groups and stuff like that, some I found through Facebook and some through "real life" running buddies. I am also a freelance photographer for local bands in my free time, and keep in touch with people for shows and things like that. I find it fun and interesting, but it depends on how you use it, I guess. I post stuff about my running activities, shows I'm going to/photographing, and positive/inspirational quotes and pictures that motivate me. I don't have a lot of social drama in my life...what little I have, I keep to myself and don't post on Facebook. I also don't have any coworkers on my Facebook.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Question, if you do delete your Facebook account - wonder if you should delete ALL your friends first - then de-activate your account? That way, they don't see your name still on their Friends List.

I think it's odd you can still see De-activated Friends on your Friends List. I don't like that.

Thoughts?
    If you deactivate, they still see your account in their friends list. If you delete, they do not.
  • primpinxoxo
    primpinxoxo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Deleted FB over a year ago. I don't miss it. My friends have to actually CALL me to find out what's going on in my world. How archaic :-)
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I never signed up in the first place. It's funny how many people tried to force me to have a profile, down to ex-girlfriends and ex-friends threatening to make an account for me ... I told them that would be immediate dismissal. They never did, so far as I know, they're exes for other reasons.
  • Izzerial
    Options
    Had facebook for about two years then I was pissed off by my best friend telling me she was getting married in an update. Deleted, not regretting it at all. Btw, since I'm using whatsapp.. well.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    funniest part, the OP deleted their MFP account too.
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Deleted FB over a year ago. I don't miss it. My friends have to actually CALL me to find out what's going on in my world. How archaic :-)

Love it and so true.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    when i was a sophomore in high school, i deleted my Facebook. i was Facebook free for about 7 months, then i made one again. i still have my Facebook 3 years later...i'm thinking about deleting it though.