Has anyone deleted their Facebook account?

Options

Replies

• Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I deleted twitter, facebook and foursquare some months ago. No regrets. LinkedIn is more for business networking and I'm onboard with that.

What I don't like is so many programs and apps that want you to have facebook.
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I deactivated mine a little over a year ago and finally just got back on to permanently delete it last month. Best decision I've ever made.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    how do you delete it for good?
  • panicintheattic
    Options
    What I don't like is so many programs and apps that want you to have facebook.

This was a big reason why I wanted to get ride of mine, it's so frustrating I just felt it necessary to be spiteful even if it was difficult on my my part haha. Facebook is extremely privatized and I can't get down with that. So just keep in mind that you won't be able to view a majority of pages once you get rid of your account.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    what???? then who would take care of my farm??!?!?!!?

haha that`s funny :laugh:
  • panicintheattic
    Options
    how do you delete it for good?
    I don't remember where you have to go exactly so you could probably just search for it...I remember I did a Google search and it brought me to the page after I was logged back in. When I initially deactivated it a year ago, there wasn't that option. But you just submit the request as to why you want it gone, and then it works the same way as deactivating it where so long as you don't log back in, after a two week grace period it's gone (or at least, unaccessible. they still own rights to the info that was on there)
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Left a few months ago and don't regret it!
  • xabcdefgee
    xabcdefgee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've deactivated it before for several months (my last semester in school and wanted to focus on just that). A lot of the reasons I'm finding for people deactivating or deleting it is because of their privacy. I have mine but I don't post anything that I wouldn't want anyone to know. I rarely post and it's usually a picture once in a while or a song I like, etc. Other than that it's just to keep in touch with friends & fam who aren't close by.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I did it over a year ago. Tricks are for kids...
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    what???? then who would take care of my farm??!?!?!!?

LOL:drinker:
  • rinnismom
    Options
    i've never had one, but i hear about how annoying it is from lots of people.

i think you should just do what you feel is best for you.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Deleted mine a few months back! It was a waste of time and it is against what I stand for. I think a simple life equals a rich life and fb is anything but simple. If it's my friends birthday, I want to tell them happy birthday because I remembered and they are important to me - not because fb reminded me. I'd rather invest more of myself into each of my real friendships than attempt to maintain numerous shallow relationships. I don't miss fb!
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Deleted my FB account, since my life is private. And only "real" friends need to know about it. Noone else.
    Noone elses business
  • merctech
    merctech Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I deleted mine over a year ago, once I saw the Timeline being rolled out, I had enough with FB and their changes and privacy policy. You can delete your account, but you also have to delete every single picture you have one by one. This can take some time depending on how active you are. Once you delete it, don't log on for about 3 weeks and it's done. If you do decide to log back on it will re-activate your account.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i deleted my Facebook when i was a sophomore in high school because it was too distracting and i wanted to focus on school. but that only lasted for a couple months haha. now i'm a senior and i just go on fb to update and stalk hehe;) i learned how to control my fb addiction...now i just need to learn how to control my food addiction!:o
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I've deactivated but not deleted. I miss out on what is going on with relatives and friends without FB,
  • daughterofthesea
    daughterofthesea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm considering it, the only problem is that most of my friends are scattered around the country and I rarely see them because of the distance so Facebook and Twitter keep us in contact.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    No I haven't... I love FB to much..
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    ** gets the shakes just thinking about it **
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Got rid of it 3 months ago, haven't ever looked back.

In related news, this past 3 months, I dropped the final 10lbs thats been plaguing me all year, to get me under 200lbs.

No facebook, no mobile alerts, etc frees up 1-2hrs of mine a day.

Not that I'd sit there for hours on end, but the time wasted goin through news feeds, and clickin me email alerts, really adds up.

I haven't been under 200lbs in like 3-5yrs.