What's your Subway?

Options

Replies

• Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Interesting that not many seem to get it toasted.

I'm in QLD, Australia and so far I haven't found a Subway that has spinach.... TRAVESTY! :sad:

Oh I get that meatball sub toasted... Definitely.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Ham & salad on wheat with a little honey mustard dressing.
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    6 in veggie on honey oat bread

provolone cheese
    lettuce
    tomato
    cucumber
    avocado
    pickles
    olives
    oil &vinegar
    salt & pepper
  • GabbyP93
    GabbyP93 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    6" 9 Grain Wheat
    Turkey Breast
    Pepper Jack (toasted)
    Lettuce
    Tomato
    Mustard
    (EVERY TIME) :)
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Subway to me is a cheat meal. So many carbs- like 3/4 servings at once. Don't get me wrong, I love subway. I just try to only have it once in a blue moon. Plus the processed meats, cheeses, etc. It's not exactly a "clean" meal.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Roasted chicken on flatbread with spinach, lettuce, & cheese, with or without tomato.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Subway to me is a cheat meal. So many carbs- like 3/4 servings at once. Don't get me wrong, I love subway. I just try to only have it once in a blue moon. Plus the processed meats, cheeses, etc. It's not exactly a "clean" meal.

You don't have to have the meats. Or even the bread. Try the Veggie Delite (one of my faves) as a salad instead of a sandwich.

MY Subway: the Veggie Delite, on wheat bread, with avocado and cheese (as a treat), with mustard and light on the mayo.
  • peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    if i have lots of calories leftover: a 6inch italian BMT on itlaian with olives, pickles, peppers, lettuce, cucumber, tomato cheese and chipotle sauce

if i don't: a 6inch veggie delite or turkey breast with peppers, lettuce, cucumber, tomato and no sauce

to be honest, those are the only 3 i've ever eaten xD
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'll get a foot long (half one day, half the next day) subway club, TOASTED, ham, turkey, bacon, pepperjack cheese, lettuce, onion, pickles, green peppers and little bit of honey mustard. I tend to stick with that....its good.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone to Subway since starting my weight loss but I used to always get

Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki
    Flatbread
    White Cheese
    Lettuce
    Sweet Onion Sauce
    Sub Sauce
    Salt and pepper

Flatbread I get toasted but if I get a regular bun/bread I don't toast it. Dries out the bread!!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I've wandered the "heart healthy" menu but oh my fuzzy christendom the sodium.

*THIS*

OMG, the sodium... the bane of my nutritional existence! :mad: :mad: :mad: All of their breads are high sodium, but it's not just a Subway thing but a 'science of baking thing'. Even at home I use 'Tumaro' tortillas instead of normal bread. Hard to find locally, but I just found some more 2 nights ago after a 2 month drought. Flour totillas are horrific with sodium and I quickly fell out of love with the taste/texture of corn tortillas.

Anyway back on topic... when I just gotta have Subway and I'm willing to overlook the sodium :noway: , my fave is:
    Roasted Chicken on flat bread, lettuce, tomato, green peppers, cucumbers, sweet peppers, black pepper, oregano, and either honey mustard or red wine vinaigrette. :tongue: :love: :tongue: :love:

*edit - append*
    When I was 17 ('skinny years') my metabolism was high enough that 5 (school) days a week I'd eat a footlong meatball marinara with cheese and damn near everything else! Never gained a pound! Youth is wasted on the young! Where's my time machine?!
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Subway to me is a cheat meal. So many carbs- like 3/4 servings at once.
    I've wandered the "heart healthy" menu but oh my fuzzy christendom the sodium.

Haha. Evidently I'm a) lazy and b) don't give a crapstick about sodium (I already spend ridiculous amounts of my day trying to get enough protein, not too much fat and not too much sugar and I figure the sodium I ate in my crap food years would faaaaaaar outweigh anything I could even hope to eat now, so I'm at least better than I was).

I often find myself ending up at Subway so as to avoid the *really* bad stuff / fast foods. Probably a naive view, but I figure of all the foods I could be eating, Subway isn't *that* bad...
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like to lick "the knife" between customers, can't find the calorie count for that though!:bigsmile:
  • jamesB89
    Options
    I love, love, love the new chopped salad. I have all of my favorite vegetables and for protein I had the turkey breast and ham. Added a bit of pepper and for dressing, oil & vinegar. They put all of the ingredients in a bowl and sliced it right there. This is an awesome alternative if you're avoiding carbs and very filling and delicious too.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    always the same...wheat bread, meatball marinera, with provolone, cause there is no mozzorela.and TOASTED..nothing else, just that..
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    BIG BEEF MELT IS MY ABSELOUTE FAVORITE!

Chicken Tikka sub comes in second
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Since I've changed my lifestyle - 6'' Italian with Chicken Tikka, no Cheese, Lettuce, Red Onion, Sweetcorn, Jalapenos, Pickles and Green Pepper.

My old one would be - 12'' Hearty Italian OR Italian Herb and Cheese with Chicken Temptation, Cheese, Lettuce, Red Onion, Sweetcorn, Jalapenos, Pickles and Green Pepper SMOTHERED in Chipotle Southwest Sauce and either Chilli or Mayo! :L
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it any more as I've gone veggie but used to love a footlong honey oat with steak and cheese, all the salads, extra gherkins and jalapenos and Southwest sauce. Mmmmm
  • maelunoc
    Options
    Turkey breast on wholewheat.. No cheese, all the veggies and a sauce. Simple and delicious! But oh my sodium!
  • whatsxoccuringx
    whatsxoccuringx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good old

Italian bread
    roast beef
    lettuce
    tomato
    onions
    gerkins
    light mayo

yum