40 Day Juicing Fast:)

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    So, it's generally a bad idea to consume less than 1200 calories per day...

....unless those calories are all from juicing, and then it's totally fine to do for more than a month?

Or am I misunderstanding the overall plan?

Well that's cause there's fruit and carbs in the juice......and we all know that carbs count extra cause they are what really make you fat. So 100 cals of carbs is like 150 cals of proteins.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    So, it's generally a bad idea to consume less than 1200 calories per day...

....unless those calories are all from juicing, and then it's totally fine to do for more than a month?

Or am I misunderstanding the overall plan?

Well that's cause there's fruit and carbs in the juice......and we all know that carbs count extra cause they are what really make you fat. So 100 cals of carbs is like 150 cals of proteins.
    Wrong. 100 cals of FAT is like 150 cals of proteins.

100 cals of carbs....well that's just ridiculous. That's like 500 cals of protein.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    From a combination of fruits and veggies:)

See table below:

Protein Comparison:

•Bananas: 4 percent
    •Cucumbers: 11 percent
    •Oranges: 7 percent
    •Green Leaf Lettuce: 22 percent
    •Watermelon: 7 percent
    •Eggs: 37 percent
    •Whole Milk: 23 percent
    •Beef: 50 percent.

Might want to check those numbers. Nutritonal Data has cucumber at 1% for a half cup (less than 1 gram).
    And there is .5 gm (1%) protein in 1 cup green leaf lettuce.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you wouldn't just eat the foods that you want to juice?

I second this. I guess I'm totally missing the point...why wouldn't you just eat healthier? Why go through the hassle?
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this....In 40 days, you could learn how to eat all the foods in a healthy manner and create better habits for long term success.....Once you stop the fast..then what?
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you wouldn't just eat the foods that you want to juice?

I second this. I guess I'm totally missing the point...why wouldn't you just eat healthier? Why go through the hassle?

True...not to mention eating the actual food you get more nutrients, fiber etc...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this....In 40 days, you could learn how to eat all the foods in a healthy manner and create better habits for long term success.....Once you stop the fast..then what?

Then you get fat again but by that point there will be a new fad diet to try out.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

See table below:

Protein Comparison:

4 oz of beef has 32 grams of protein. For a comparable amount of protein, you'd need to consume the following amounts of each:

•Bananas: 25 medium
    •Cucumbers: 17 (8-1/4")
    •Oranges: 25 (2-7/8" dia)
    •Green Leaf Lettuce: 6.5 heads
    •Watermelon: a little more than 1 whole melon (15" long x 7-1/2" dia)
    •Eggs: 5 large
    •Whole Milk: 4 cups
    •Beef: 4 oz.

I think I'll stick to my 4 oz of beef.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Then you get fat again but by that point there will be a new fad diet to try out.

I also feel like if you're looking for an quick, easy "fix" to your weight loss, then you're not really ready for it.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

See table below:

Protein Comparison:

Might want to check those numbers. Nutritonal Data has cucumber at 1% for a half cup (less than 1 gram).

Not trying to stand up for this concept, as I think it's absurd to try and get adequate protein from spinach and cucumbers, but I think the %ages the poster was talking about was % of calories are from protein, where you are either talking about weight or volume%. Since it's such a high volume of water, the numbers will be quite different. Really, it should be clarified when talking %ages percent OF WHAT you're actually talking about.
  • MrsValentine
    MrsValentine Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Go for it. I did it a few months ago, for 7 days and no I didn't gain the weight back. I Plan on juicing tomorrow. You can add me, Good Luck.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    why not try 40 days of eating healthy foods and exercise?
  • ocampocordova
    Options
    I have done a 30 day before and plan on doing it again at some point. Good for you and good luck!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

See table below:

Protein Comparison:

Not trying to stand up for this concept, as I think it's absurd to try and get adequate protein from spinach and cucumbers, but I think the %ages the poster was talking about was % of calories are from protein, where you are either talking about weight or volume%. Since it's such a high volume of water, the numbers will be quite different. Really, it should be clarified when talking %ages percent OF WHAT you're actually talking about.

Ahhhh, got ya. My bad. Sometimes I'm not too quick.
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    No Don't DO IT!!!!
    Like most of us have stated, where are you gonna get your protein?
    Juicing for 40 days w/out other nutrients and vitamins is not healthy at all. You're not Jesus, so i wouldn't recommend doing it.
    if you're thinking about fasting and you just think that not consuming food is your best option try the Almased diet. Its for 14 days MAX. it contains some of the nutrients and protein your body needs. You can also use it as a meal replacement once you do start back eating.
    i wouldn't recommend fasting for more than 5 days period. Whether you're doing raw veggies and water, lemonade diet, or the Hollywood diet. Most of the weight "lost" is water weight. You may be smaller, but you're going to have a lot looseness in your skin as well.
    as recommended by others, try a healthy diet of 1200 calories and 45-60 mins of cardio in addition to weight training for the next 40 days.
    you may not see the scale change much, but you should see your physique transition.

I vote no to liquid fastings. I've been there before only to gain back more.

good luck :)
  • lynnacuff
    Options
    good luck to you, i tried but could not finish it.couldnt get past the kale or spinach like them cooked but not as juice.fruit juices were good but i couldn.t live on that. that being said:best of luck to you.
  • clhardy5
    clhardy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I also saw the movie, and the results of both the narrator and the truck driver were impressive. I have done a juice fast for 4 days - and I was curious about the calorie count...and for the most part, all 4 days I was able to reach the 1200 calorie mark. I also believe adding exercise to any diet is essential - and if I remember correctly, the truck driver started with walking and progressed up to running - and they were both seen hitting the gym. If your doctor has given you the go ahead, and you monitor your own health, then go for it.

I don't visit this forum much...but the attacks on you were surprising. I 'get' concerned posts...but those that just outright attacked....shame on you.

I've looked into 30 days fasts...and most of those that have been published do include a plan to develop better eating habits - with a plan - for how to do it after the fast.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It's not a movie per say, it's a documentary. It's a guy from Australia that had horrible health/medical issues and his journey back to health through juicing. Anyone that is interested in learning how the power of vegetables can improve your health should watch it. Granted his story and length of initial juicing was extreme but it gives you a good idea about how just incorporating a small amount of vegetables really improves your health.
  • Vixiedust
    Vixiedust Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will stick to the fellow peers I have received support from, and they will be able to see my progress. After the 40 day juicing fast as I said, "It will help jumpstart a healthier lifestyle". Whether you believe I can sustain these changes or not doesn’t matter to me. I simply am trying to share an experience I am going to embark on with others of similar interest. So please save your negative comments, I don't care to receive them, when I know they derive from self loathing. So instead of spending your time and energy on being such a pessimistic person, exercise and put it to good use! Let me remind you all that weight loss begins with a POSITIVE attitude, determination and dedication.

Best of luck to you all,

-DreamUpstream
  • clhardy5
    clhardy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Focus on those who support and are positive....

By the way, have you visited the reboot site? They also have a forum where you can get some support/advise on your journey. There is also a lot of info on recipes and testimonials.