what do you do while working out?

Options

Replies

• nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    JAM to music and Concentrate Hard on Completing My Goal for that Day!!!!!!

WoRk Till you ThRow up!!!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Read, listen to music and watch my *kitten*!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I watch the weights I am about to go to next, thinking "you're next" and so on. sometimes I watch the silly cool kids that flex in every mirror and make sure the girls see them doing it.

I was watching you flex the other day! :wink:
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Always listen to music while I run outside with the dogs, keeps me going. Maybe when it is not such a struggle anymore I will try running without the music to just enjoy the sounds and peacefulness of the outdoors.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    What do I do when I'm working out?.............

Usually work out.

anyother answer is wrong,
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I just work out. No music, no entertainment.

It gives me time to think. I find exercise is good therapy.

^^ this

I work out.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    On the treadmill I have to distract myself or else my self-destructive brain starts saying that running is too hard and shouldn't I turn the treadmill back down to 3.0 mph.

I watch Biggest Loser reruns on tv while on the treadmill. It's the only way I can stay on there an hour.

I have a LOT of weight to lose and a stupid high resting heart rate, I need an hour of cardio. My husband just found out he can get a free gym membership to a local gym through work. So relieved I won't have to do my cardio there, but looking forward to getting back into strength training. For weight lifting, I've never done anything but work out. It's usually me husband and I taking turns at the weights, so I'm either spotting him or lifting.. lol
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am a mommy of 4 kids and even though I try to put them to bed so I can work out it doesn't always work out like that. So there are times that while I am working out I am also taking them a shower and getting them ready to go out. I have a tendency to always multitask.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Running: I blast my music and air drum/guitar, accidentally sing to myself, and once got so into a song I peed myself at the gym.

Lifting: nothing. Just counting and concentrating. And hoping the Safety Dance doesn't come on...

1, 2, 3, s, s, s, s, s, a, FK!

That is freakin' hysterical!

Oh, and to answer the question. Music. If I try and watch something using my iPad I feel like I'm half-assing it. Which I likey am.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Now that I started crossfit, I sweat, my heart rate is thru the roof, and I workout to the verge of puking, although I have yet to puke. There's no time for fooling with the phone or media anymore. When I was at the regular gym I would catch up on my Facebook while doing my cardio, otherwise, even there I only give myself 30 seconds between sets, then maybe a minute or two between stations once I started lifting, so it was just what ever music was on my Sansa clip MP3 player. They are pretty good players if you want something way cheaper than the apple products. Amazon usually has great deals on them.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i cant read when i workout ... i workout too much as in bouncing around ect ... i do watch a tv show once in a while and i usually have my ipod loaded with good high energied music ..........and if im at the gym i stare at men's butts
  • tashiaberman
    tashiaberman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Karate class is my exercise. Not able to do much else with all the punching and kicking. That could be hazardous to your health!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Talk or sing, I guess, is the only thing I do while working out.

My activities include dancing, spinning, cycling, weight lifting and paddleboarding. Those activities are not conducive to reading.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I work out. Primarily with lifting. You have to pay attention to form while you're doing it.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    stare at butts and lick my fingers
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    What do I do when I'm working out?.............

Usually work out.

same here....I have my iphone playing music while I'm at the gym but that's mainly so people won't talk to me (LOL Sorry but I'm there to work out not meet people) I zone out while I'm working out and don't even listen to what's playing

I *hate* when people talk to me at the gym! I always think 'if you have breath to talk you aren't working out hard enough'. Might not be true, but it's how I feel.

I listen to my music too.

Actually it is true. If you're working out hard you shouldn't be able to carry on a conversation comfortably. Your sentences should be short bursts IF that. If you can then you really aren't working out hard enough.

Hmmmm. well, I can and do speak, and even sing, intermittently while I teach spin at what is allegedly beyond my maximum heart rate. But then again, I have no regards for anyone's ears.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you have time to read, watch tv, netflix etc..you are not working out...

I crank my workouts out and jam to my Ipod..there is no way I could read or watch anything while working out..

Just saying...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Wait what?! How do you watch netflix while working out? I only have two hands and those two hands are occupied picking up boulders.

this = hilarious!

I agree...
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I watch the news in the morning while on the treadmill. It helps me pass the time. I can't workout as hard as I used to, so workout sessions can be rather boring otherwise.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Why do boring exercise? that sounds awful.