Team UK - February 2010

Options

Replies

• SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    my goal for this month is to just stick with the programme and work on my exercise regime to build my fitness back up, as for weight loss wise, 4lbs loss by end of month would be good!

I have problems with my hips due to over - exercising a few years ago...now I have Osteoarthiritis and it is tricky to get moving! Slow and steady for me!
    xxx
  • MistahLee31
    Options
    Hey all,

Had a mixed weekend just gone. Had a quiet evening in on Friday watching The Shield, and had a thorougly deserved early night (11.15pm is VERY early for me, lol!). I was at a house party on Saturday evening, so because of that as I knew I would have a drink, I went to the gym Saturdya morning and burnt at least 1100 calories. :happy:

To get more exercise, I walked to my mates house (another 150+ cals burnt), got there and commenced drinking, watched the mighty Warrington Wolves win another game, and then looked on as everyone brought buffet food to which I never even touched! Furthermore, later in the evening, my mate went to the chippy, brought back at least 3 large portions of chips and several cups of curry sauce, and started handing them out to everyone. My total intake.........4 chips! :laugh:

At the end of the night, I even walked back home, burning another 150+ cals in the process. After working out my food and exercise intake (including adding what alcohol I drank), I was still 1200 cals under my target for the day. Not bad going! :smile:

Sunday was pretty boring, didn't do anything, and now back in work for another roller coaster week! Did do a pre-weigh on Sunday morning and lost 2-3lbs from Friday's weigh session, but not going to add that to my check in, going to leave it till the official weigh day on Friday.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!! :glasses:
  • barrierfreeman
    Options
    Had a nightmare of a weekend, well it depends how you look at it i guess, but after failing my driving test on the Friday i had a one or 7 drinks and a chinese. Saturday was not much better. Went for a slow 10 mile run on the Sunday which i promptly undone by going a combination of sitting on my *kitten* watching rugby/drinking and snacking.

Ah well, a new week beckons......

....as does a £66 re-test. Bah!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Lovely to see so many new faces on the message board!

Nottingham was so much fun this long weekend.. I tried to be as good as possible with my food.. Its all logged.. (apart from the booze) That i coulnt tell you cause i drank so much and cant remember! ha ha!! Lovely seeing my boyfriend, he scored one of the goals in the varsity match.. very proud of him.. it went to penalties in the end and we lost... oh well :ohwell:

How are you all doing? Having a good week so far... its so nice to only have a 2 1/2 day week!! :-D cant wait for a relax tonight.. im shattered!
    I doubt ill go to the gym.. just so sleepy :yawn:

About the Euromillions... His name was 'Nigel Page'... inititially i was like... :noway: WTF... Thats my dad!!! But it wasnt.. lol :laugh: got so excited as well!!

Jumping back on the wagon today... I recived my "Graze" box today - lemon infused rasins, grapes and a mix of nuts... looking forward to having that!!

Katherine x x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Welcome to the following Newbies to the group...

JazzyMarie, Hannah, Diane and Jenna... Hello Kenny - thanks for popping by!! :flowerforyou:

Hope you find this group helpful, its good to see what everyone is getting up to!

:heart: Katherine
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Jumping back on the wagon today... I recived my "Graze" box today - lemon infused rasins, grapes and a mix of nuts... looking forward to having that!!

Katherine x x

I tried to get that but it wouldnt authorise my card lol so had to give up trying - had loads of vouchers too
  • kpnuts23
    Options

Katherine x x

I tried to get that but it wouldnt authorise my card lol so had to give up trying - had loads of vouchers too

Oh really, how odd? I gave away the nut mix... figured i wouldnt eat them - n dont need the extra 345cals today!! especially after the weekend i've just had!! im on a detox!! :laugh:
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Lovely to see so many new faces on the message board!

Nottingham was so much fun this long weekend.. I tried to be as good as possible with my food.. Its all logged.. (apart from the booze) That i coulnt tell you cause i drank so much and cant remember! ha ha!! Lovely seeing my boyfriend, he scored one of the goals in the varsity match.. very proud of him.. it went to penalties in the end and we lost... oh well :ohwell:

How are you all doing? Having a good week so far... its so nice to only have a 2 1/2 day week!! :-D cant wait for a relax tonight.. im shattered!
    I doubt ill go to the gym.. just so sleepy :yawn:

About the Euromillions... His name was 'Nigel Page'... inititially i was like... :noway: WTF... Thats my dad!!! But it wasnt.. lol :laugh: got so excited as well!!

Katherine x x

I just looked up this"Graze" lark, OMG why didn't I know about this!!!! :heart:
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    I just looked up this"Graze" lark, OMG why didn't I know about this!!!! :heart:
    Cool huh... its amazing!!

- someone brought in my fave white chocolate chip and rasberry cookies... Im trying soooo hard to resist.. just had my lunch so im filled up from that so i wont be tempted... for long! :angry:
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Oh no those cookies sounds delectable! I have a piece of leftover birthday cake in the fridge at work as it was Terry's birthday yesterday but after logging it yest and seeing how much sat fat was in one piece I am not tempted at all! The bag of chocolate bars we bought him which he left here certainly ARE tempting but I'm doing ok with my satsuma for now!

xxx
  • JimJam87
    Options

Katherine x x

What's one of those then?! Sounds good x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Oh no those cookies sounds delectable! I have a piece of leftover birthday cake in the fridge at work as it was Terry's birthday yesterday but after logging it yest and seeing how much sat fat was in one piece I am not tempted at all! The bag of chocolate bars we bought him which he left here certainly ARE tempting but I'm doing ok with my satsuma for now!

xxx

Good for you! Funny when you log how many cals something has in it you are completely put off when you know how many cals are in it!! :noway:

I havent been tempted... someone took the last one so there are only milk chocolate ones left.. they are the massive sainsburys taste the difference ones!! YUMMY!!!
  • kpnuts23
    Options

Katherine x x

What's one of those then?! Sounds good x

go to
    www.graze.com

I have a voucher so you get your first box free!!

free box code: 1HHFW4YN

just enter that and you will get a freebie!!
    :happy:
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options

xxx

Good for you! Funny when you log how many cals something has in it you are completely put off when you know how many cals are in it!! :noway:

I havent been tempted... someone took the last one so there are only milk chocolate ones left.. they are the massive sainsburys taste the difference ones!! YUMMY!!!

ooo those are really nice aswell! but the worst for calories o.0
  • MistahLee31
    Options
    Got to say Katie, your avatar makes me chuckle! It's brilliant! :laugh:

Due to my new found willpower, in work I've been a avid watcher of what we are calling the "Buttie Van Wars"! WE have one van that comes around offering pasta's, baguettes, crisps, drinks, and breakfast barms. However, for the last 2 days another van, bigger and better, has been coming round offering much more variety, and even meal deals at a far lower price. Went down to have a look at some of their stock, and I must say I was very impressed with it!! Still, it never made me want to dump the diet and go gorge on gammon ham and mature cheddar cheese on a huge barm, lol. :happy:

I think it's all coming to a head soon but at this moment in time, I'm really enjoying watching all these people having to decide which van they are going to get their oversized breakfast barms from and getting stressed over it, whilst I'm sitting at my desk happily supping my decaf tea and eating my go ahead crispy slices!! :happy:
  • JimJam87
    Options
    [/quote]

go to
    www.graze.com

[/quote]

Ooooohh thanks for that, I've just ordered one :wink:
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Due to my new found willpower, in work I've been a avid watcher of what we are calling the "Buttie Van Wars"! WE have one van that comes around offering pasta's, baguettes, crisps, drinks, and breakfast barms. However, for the last 2 days another van, bigger and better, has been coming round offering much more variety, and even meal deals at a far lower price. Went down to have a look at some of their stock, and I must say I was very impressed with it!! Still, it never made me want to dump the diet and go gorge on gammon ham and mature cheddar cheese on a huge barm, lol. :happy:

I think it's all coming to a head soon but at this moment in time, I'm really enjoying watching all these people having to decide which van they are going to get their oversized breakfast barms from and getting stressed over it, whilst I'm sitting at my desk happily supping my decaf tea and eating my go ahead crispy slices!! :happy:

Lee, we have this same thing round the back of our work, lucys lunch box and the farnham food van have constant battles.. its hillarious.. ppl are always out there to get their morning bun, wrap, baguette or fry-up in a box!! Most people get one on a friday so the offices stink!! I try and avoid, i remember when i first started working for the company 2 1/2 years ago i would always get a chocolate bar and sausage roll for my mid morning snack.. Hello weight gain!! :angry:

Now its just porridge and fruit for me! Gotta be good! :happy:
  • kpnuts23
    Options

go to
    www.graze.com

Ooooohh thanks for that, I've just ordered one :wink:

[/quote]

Amazing, thanks for that hun :smile:
  • MistahLee31
    Options
    Lee, we have this same thing round the back of our work, lucys lunch box and the farnham food van have constant battles.. its hillarious.. ppl are always out there to get their morning bun, wrap, baguette or fry-up in a box!! Most people get one on a friday so the offices stink!! I try and avoid, i remember when i first started working for the company 2 1/2 years ago i would always get a chocolate bar and sausage roll for my mid morning snack.. Hello weight gain!! :angry:

Now its just porridge and fruit for me! Gotta be good! :happy:

I used to be one of their best customers hun; sausage, egg and bacon barm with 2 sachets of tommy ketchup!! Now I can't even bear to look at one. I must be doing something right! lol. :smile:

I find it funny everyone looking out of the window waiting for the buttie van to turn up, whereas I can look in my bottom draw and see if I want a mugshot pasta pack, soup 2 go, or some beef and veg soupfulls! :smile:

That Graze product looks really good, but the nuts in there are putting me off because they are supposed to be really high in fat, aren't they?
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    That Graze product looks really good, but the nuts in there are putting me off because they are supposed to be really high in fat, aren't they?

Yeah they are - but they are good fats.. not the kind you find in cakes and other processed things.. embrace nuts (plain, not salted or roasted) cause they are infact quite healthy!! i've saved mine up for a big gym day!