Girls who dress like strippers to work out.....

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Wow, the OP is such a complete arsehole. Well done. Welcome to the site. No one deserves to be stared at. Of course a passing glance makes sense, every one does it but to stare in a rude manner? Far from it. They aren't dressing to impress you, so get your head out of your *kitten* and realise the world doesn't revolve around you.

Define staring in a rude manner?

In some places a passing glance is considered rude.

I think most people have a notion of the difference between a glance and staring.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    No one deserves to be stared at. Of course a passing glance makes sense, every one does it but to stare in a rude manner?

You're right but as a rational adult you accept sometimes your actions will have a reaction you do not like and then you weigh up whether it is worth doing or not.

Yes, nobody should stare. Yes, nobody should be rude. Yes, everyone should be able to wear what they like without judgement.

Is that the world we live in? No.

I accept that if I prance around the gym wearing nothing but my lycra cycling bib shorts I might get a few...glances. Would I complain about it even if they were negative? No. I would accept responsibility for my actions.
  • Matt_Wild
    No one deserves to be stared at. Of course a passing glance makes sense, every one does it but to stare in a rude manner?

You're right but as a rational adult you accept sometimes your actions will have a reaction you do not like and then you weigh up whether it is worth doing or not.

Yes, nobody should stare. Yes, nobody should be rude. Yes, everyone should be able to wear what they like without judgement.

Is that the world we live in? No.

I accept that if I prance around the gym wearing nothing but my lycra cycling bib shorts I might get a few...glances. Would I complain about it even if they were negative? No. I would accept responsibility for my actions.

So you are essentially saying staring is OK? Because other people do it? Like Ghandi said, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

And it isn't prancing. Some people like to feel comfortable and unrestricted when they train. I know I do with vests. I get pretty damned sweaty and uncomfortable if I train in a tee so train in a vest, for comfort.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Wow, the OP is such a complete arsehole. Well done. Welcome to the site. No one deserves to be stared at. Of course a passing glance makes sense, every one does it but to stare in a rude manner? Far from it. They aren't dressing to impress you, so get your head out of your *kitten* and realise the world doesn't revolve around you.

Wow. You completely skirted the issue. Nice job. The issue is not what they wear, the issue is not liking being looked at when they wear what they wear. By the way. Nice language, maybe you need a class in social skills. Maybe some anti deprssents for the anger management issue.

Yes, I'm very angry. Because thats what all bodybuilders are. Bad mannered with no social skills.

I was going to say something about getting a dietitian to give you advice and respond in a similar way to you just spoke to me, but I think that'd be underhand and not me.

And no I didn't miss anything - read my comment again - no one deserves to be stared at. Does someone who is overweight deserve to be stared at because you need to lose a little weight or their choice of clothing? Does someone who is in shape deserve to be glared at? No. Its rude regardless. Manners don't apply to those you feel deserving, it should apply to anyone.

ok. Why would I need a dietitian? I have my plain chicken, fish, veggies, and shakes. Staring is a thing of nature. The issue is not us staring, it is the girls who dress to get stared at, and then get pissed that people do. Your answer did not take the proper perspective. But apples to oranges. Dude, this is a discussion, no need to get angry. And, if you read your first answer "so get your head out of your *kitten* , then you would realize my response was acceptable.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member

Define staring in a rude manner?

In some places a passing glance is considered rude.

I think most people have a notion of the difference between a glance and staring.

Enlighten me. You assume everyone is from your culture.
  • Matt_Wild
    Look at your original post my pedigree chum. Look at your title. Do you think you showed all the hard working women any respect by calling them strippers or likening them to strippers?
  • Matt_Wild

Tell me in which culture a passing glance is rude? Liking your semantics here, to get away from the point about staring being rude. If anything, you are agreeing with me that staring is rude, are you not?
  • I applaud these girls for motivating me when I'm at the gym!! Although, I don't go to the gym any more as I do p90x haha--but I remember those days!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    So you are essentially saying staring is OK? Because other people do it? Like Ghandi said, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

And it isn't prancing. Some people like to feel comfortable and unrestricted when they train. I know I do with vests. I get pretty damned sweaty and uncomfortable if I train in a tee so train in a vest, for comfort.

No, I am saying it is to be expected and sometimes you just have to accept the world won't always be the way you want it to be.

People can dress as they wish. However, to think a person won't be judged for it is naive.

In addition not all people dress solely for performance in the gym. Some, both men and women do it to show off and get attention. To then complain about that attention simply because it isn't from the people you want it from is ridiculous.
  • Charlie003
    Look at your original post my pedigree chum. Look at your title. Do you think you showed all the hard working women any respect by calling them strippers or likening them to strippers?

You are assuming the girls who dress like strippers are hard working, but again not the issue. Never called them strippers. Never defined what strippers looked like. That is for each person's own interpretation. Again, read the issue. If they dress in a provocative manner ( provocative in place of strippers) for your sensibilities, they should not feel angry at the attention they get.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 751 Member
    Where do they do this as so I can go and see for myself!?! :happy:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don't know where you guys go, but I ain't paying a coverage charge unless I get to see some boobies.... Therefore unless gym bunnies are showing boobies, I wouldn't consider them strippers.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Dude, you've started three threads in the last hour and all of them have something to do with strippers. Please refer to the "creeper thread" on this site. You might just be giving off that vibe. JS

Well said...:)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member

Tell me in which culture a passing glance is rude? Liking your semantics here, to get away from the point about staring being rude. If anything, you are agreeing with me that staring is rude, are you not?

Not at all. Sometimes staring is wanted and encouraged.

Sometimes staring is considered a compliment.

Sometimes staring is a sign of interest and flirtation.

It is not always rude.

It is only rude when it's coming from someone who is unattractive.
  • Charlie003
    Dude, you've started three threads in the last hour and all of them have something to do with strippers. Please refer to the "creeper thread" on this site. You might just be giving off that vibe. JS

Well said...:)

creeeeeeeeeeeep!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    tumblr_m6p1n6sMw61r17ligo1_400.jpg
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    What? I chose my gym not based on practicality, location, amenities, or cost...but because it has the highest concentration of said females in my area.
  • Charlie003
    What? I chose my gym not based on practicality, location, amenities, or cost...but because it has the highest concentration of said females in my area.

Smart move.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Tsk, more hating on my super cool gym attire

trainers+to+high+heels.jpg
  • Dude, you've started three threads in the last hour and all of them have something to do with strippers. Please refer to the "creeper thread" on this site. You might just be giving off that vibe. JS

Total creeper!