Mrs. Robinson Syndrome? What's it all about?

Options

Replies

• joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Jumping in because I've wondered this as well. I get slightly uncomfortable when someone younger approaches me (I'm 41) and always feel like I have to blurt out how old I am.:indifferent: Very smooth. :ohwell:

omg love your hair
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Jumping in because I've wondered this as well. I get slightly uncomfortable when someone younger approaches me (I'm 41) and always feel like I have to blurt out how old I am.:indifferent: Very smooth. :ohwell:

I do that, too!

This is the usual conversation:

Him: Hi there.
    Me: Hello.
    Him: having a good night?
    Me: Yes, I'm married.
    Him: Mary?
    Me: No, married.
    Him: Maureen?
    Me: No, I'M MARRIED!! (just as there is a lull in music and or conversation)---cue me looking like a weirdo.
    Him: Oh, cool. That works for me. Even better.

Funny, lads never fail to amuse me on a night out.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

omg love your hair

Aw, thanks, sweetie!
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options

You look more like 21. I also love your hair.. Wanna trade?
  • joeysox
    Options
    I don't really think of myself as a cougar, but I'm 32 and my husband is 27. It just works of us. I'm definitely more aware of our age difference than he is. But I can agree that he loves the fact that I'm educated, I don't play games and I know what I want.

similar age gap to me and my husband im 27 hes 22....i very much noticed the age difference as he tells me how close to 30 i am! xx

lol he lied about his age, although he denies it, when we met! the mutual friends we met through were early 20s at the time he said he was same age group, he looked it, acted it. Moved in.... one day he says 'hey its my 10th birthday soon' ..... down like a lead balloon! x

Love it! 22! and that's not a big age gap, really...my hub is 2.75yrs younger, for the few months I'm 3 yrs older I get some slagging. Though I look younger than he does (in my own head), he will always be my boytoy!

lol he lied about his age, although he denies it, when we met! the mutual friends we met through were early 20s at the time he said he was same age group, he looked it, acted it. Moved in.... one day he says 'hey its my 10th birthday soon' ..... down like a lead balloon! x
  • joeysox
    Options

You look more like 21. I also love your hair.. Wanna trade?

mine is long (behind shoulders on avatar pic) it goes REALLY big and naturally curly but it never looks nice like yours lol xx
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I don't really think of myself as a cougar, but I'm 32 and my husband is 27. It just works of us. I'm definitely more aware of our age difference than he is. But I can agree that he loves the fact that I'm educated, I don't play games and I know what I want.

similar age gap to me and my husband im 27 hes 22....i very much noticed the age difference as he tells me how close to 30 i am! xx

Love it! 22! and that's not a big age gap, really...my hub is 2.75yrs younger, for the few months I'm 3 yrs older I get some slagging. Though I look younger than he does (in my own head), he will always be my boytoy!

Exactly about the boytoy! We're Star Wars nerds so I always say that I'm Padme to his Anakin since their age difference was the same.
  • Allie_71
    Options

I do that, too!

This is the usual conversation:

Him: Hi there.
    Me: Hello.
    Him: having a good night?
    Me: Yes, I'm married.
    Him: Mary?
    Me: No, married.
    Him: Maureen?
    Me: No, I'M MARRIED!! (just as there is a lull in music and or conversation)---cue me looking like a weirdo.
    Him: Oh, cool. That works for me. Even better.

Funny, lads never fail to amuse me on a night out.

omg that made me giggle. Big time. I've so been there. :)
  • RunningDirty
    Options

All women of all ages rule.... especially YOU if you can run... it's something I would love to be able to do. Seems as unattainable as me starting to fly spontaneously.
    [/quote]

Just start running! I'm not going to try to fly today, but it's on my MFP to-do list. :wink:
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This thread got me thinking of when I was divorced at 30 years old and started dating a 21 year old. Never knew his reason why he would date me, but for me, I didn't want someone (at that time) who was so serious and stuck in their ways. He hung with a fun crowd and it got me out having fun again. Ever try dating again after being married for awhile? I forgot how to do it. So I had the fun and all that, but after awhile the fact that he really had no goals in life at that point, made me know that it couldn't be anything serious.
  • LoganStrength
    Options
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options

OMG! My friends called the guy I dated briefly 'my boytoy'.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options

All women of all ages rule.... especially YOU if you can run... it's something I would love to be able to do. Seems as unattainable as me starting to fly spontaneously.

Just start running! I'm not going to try to fly today, but it's on my MFP to-do list. :wink:
    [/quote]

I'm reading the book Run Fat *****, Run! again. It didn't sink in the first time. :)
    It's definitely a mental block I must overcome. It's like me telling you that you have to learn Mandarin Chinese.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options

These, even though possibly untrue are huge cues to the male subconscious, because it screams to what most of the male population seeks... unemotional, no obligation, no investment, no responsibility, no cost, no attachment...SEX

Not only men think this way, by the by, I have female friends my age who are in the same place. In fact, it's the younger lads who got clingy/stalkerish. Not the other way around. Horses for courses.
  • bricktowngal
    Options

WOW! you look no whee near 41 I was guessing 25
  • Allie_71
    Options

WOW! you look no whee near 41 I was guessing 25
    Thank you. That's lovely of you to say!:heart:
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    You may not get your full answer because it lies in the subconscious. Whenever you ask somebody, you will receive the answers you have already. That doesn't make them untrue, like finding experience sexy, but it is not all that there is.

Whether the cues men receive from older women are true OF the woman in question, is case by case and often they are incorrect. But, these are the cues...

She will not want to get married.
    She will not want kids.
    She will not need money.
    She will not want to move in.
    She will understand when I dump her because she always knew with the "age thing" it couldn't go anywhere.

These, even though possibly untrue are huge cues to the male subconscious, because it screams to what most of the male population seeks... unemotional, no obligation, no investment, no responsibility, no cost, no attachment...SEX

Hmmm...

I do not need to get married.
    I do not need kids.
    I do not need money.
    I do not want to move in.
    He'll understand when I dump him because he always knew with the "age thing" it couldn't go anywhere.

You may be onto something there...:laugh:
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Seriously loving this thread...
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Got hit on by a 22 year old. Told him I wasn't interested in being his Mrs. Robinson. Then had to explain who Mrs. Robinson is.

LOL
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Im happily married to a man 10 years older than me. Younger has never ever been a turn on to me.