Mrs. Robinson Syndrome? What's it all about?

Options

Replies

• Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Shouldnt generalize when it comes to people's motives. Some prefer this and some prefer that & all for different reasons; but there is one thing that can be accurately stated, and that is a young guy is like a frog, he will instinctively hop on anything he can.....and so will some older guys! Ribbit, ribbit!
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Got hit on by a 22 year old. Told him I wasn't interested in being his Mrs. Robinson. Then had to explain who Mrs. Robinson is.

LOL

HAHA really tickled me x

im laughing but my husband doesnt know what it means either....
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    A recent encounter with a fairly muscly (and muscle-headed) guy, approximately 22 years of age in a local drinking establishment on a Saturday night:

Him: Can I buy you a drink? (In Ireland this is basically an intro in young people speak that says, "Can we shag later?"
    Me: Well that would be lovely, but I'm married and you've no chance of getting anywhere so if you still want to fork out nearly €8.00 for a drink, work away (over $10)...
    Him: Really? Well, ah, erm..ehhh... maybe not. Anyway, if you were single, would you?
    Me: You certainly have a very nice torso. (He was wearing a tight tshirt with rippling abs and protruding biceps, sure I'm human---I notice these things).
    Him: (puzzled look) What's a torso?
    Me: I weep at the loss of a generation.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Got hit on by a 22 year old. Told him I wasn't interested in being his Mrs. Robinson. Then had to explain who Mrs. Robinson is.

LOL

funny
  • wilsonm24
    Options
    Shouldnt generalize when it comes to people's motives. Some prefer this and some prefer that & all for different reasons; but there is one thing that can be accurately stated, and that is a young guy is like a frog, he will instinctively hop on anything he can.....and so will some older guys! Ribbit, ribbit!

"Shouldn't generalize" then proceed to generalize. Keeping it classy I see!
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Back to the question at hand:

People who like older people of opposite sex:

How old is too old?
    How young is too young?

Well, as I said in the OP, I'm not on the market, but if I was...

The formula for age is YOUR AGED divided by 2 + 7....

My answer:

Youngest: So mine using the above formula is 28/29. That seems ok age to me...If I were single, I could see myself going down to 26, depending on the guy.

Oldest: 52 (I'm 43) though I've seen hot 60 year old men...

You?
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    confidence.... women gain their confidence in their 30s to 40s! They don't care so much about public opinion.
    ps I'm 42, but remember being 20s ;)

This^^

I'm also 42 and when I was in my 20s had a brief fling with an older woman.

The confidence was the biggest thing, other things (which may have been a by product of confidence):

Less likely to play games

A lot more up front about their intention/degree of seriousness that the relationship was i.e. a fling was a fling not a pretense to get a boyfriend

They knew how to end things without the fireworks and drama

They had a lot better understanding of both the man and woman's sides of the equation
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm 38. The youngest I have gone out with was 22 (different 22 year old than above) and I think my oldest would date is 48. I generally perfer to stay within a couple of years either way of my age.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options

Well hello there Spanky! Generally speaking, people such as you lack fiber in their diet. Im certain it could do wonders for your nasty disposition as well. Feel up to a 2X4 suppository?
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options

Well hello there Spanky! Generally speaking, people such as you lack fiber in their diet. Im certain it could do wonders for your nasty disposition as well. Feel up to a 2X4 suppository?

A now, come 'ere, tone down the testosterone levels in my thread all about loved up oldies like me and hot hunky lads! ;)
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    I say if they're old enough to buy booze and not an active member of AARP, they're in. I try to keep an opened mind when dating. It's fun meeting new people and if it doesn't work out, no worries! It's an experience nonetheless.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options

A now, come 'ere, tone down the testosterone levels in my thread all about loved up oldies like me and hot hunky lads! ;)

Yes Maam. :wink: My apologies to you.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Stereotyping people always works.

Because all young women are flighty and immature and all older woman are mature, well educated and unlikely to play head games.

REALLY.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I think you'll find I said this:

All women of all ages rule.... especially YOU if you can run... it's something I would love to be able to do. Seems as unattainable as me starting to fly spontaneously.

and this:

I know plenty of stupid older women, too!

Sexy is as sexy does.

also this:
    Exactly! If you're driven sexually, you're that way fairly early on...I think it's just being more comfortable with yourself comes with age and experience... but I know women my age who have only ever been with their husband...some of whom love sex and some can't be arsed.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    jpfister said this:
    As a single\divorced male of 46 years of age here is my take:
    I will take a 46 year old over a 26 year old ANY DAY!

Women that take care of themselves and have confidence trumps a younger woman everytime. It is the life experiences that make an older woman more attractive to me.

And don't think that for a second that some older women don't play games or have drama, you can only hide crazy for so long!
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Good lad now!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

Because all young women are flighty and immature and all older woman are mature, well educated and unlikely to play head games.

REALLY.

See, starting drama already...
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

REALLY.

No. I just think stereotyping is silly.

That's my opinion on the subject.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options

REALLY.

:laugh:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I think most young guys like the conquest of landing an older woman. A lot of them make bets with their friends on if they can land the "cougar" and how many they can conquer, etc.