That really grinds my gears!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• dkrieser
    dkrieser Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    when people put dirty dishes in the part of the sink with the disposal.

When I get done with a good workout and my face gets really red and people say. "oh wow you got sunburnt!" or OMG are you okay??

People on cell phones when the are checking out

People who say "OH gross" about my whole REAL foods, veggies, ect yet go munch down on some McDonalds hamburger, as if that is perfectly.... not gross..?....
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    When someone in the office uses the microwave and takes their food out while there's still time, but doesn't clear off the cook time. I mean, if there's 14 minutes on it I'm not going to mistake that for the time, but at lunch time when I go down and the microwave says 1:41 and I keep trying to put in my time and it doesn't work, it takes me a couple tries to realize that someone didn't clear off their time again. Stupid complaint, but after it happens enough times, it gets annoying.

Also, when someone puts "MUST READ" in the title of their thread. I'll read what I want, *****! Chances are good I don't care what your thread is about and if I do read it I'll be annoyed that I wasted precious seconds listening to something you think is important and brilliant just because you said it.
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When you go to a mcdonald's drive thru and are greeted by one of those recording that asks you if you'd like to try a whatever.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Getting out of the shower and realizing I forgot my towel.

Pouring my cereal and only having a splash of milk in the carton

Those sneaky drivers in traffic who will buzz up to the very front, then try cutting into the line

People who use your instead of you're (ultimate pet peeve)
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This is weird...but when people leave me voice mails. Especially at work when they can just ping me on instant message. I don't need a voice mail telling me your going to lunch! :mad:

TOTALLY AGREE! A missed call is usually enough alert to call someone back.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    This is weird...but when people leave me voice mails. Especially at work when they can just ping me on instant message. I don't need a voice mail telling me your going to lunch! :mad:

I hate when people call me on the phone at all; I've said multiple times I prefer to be contacted via email, but people still call me with the stupidest crap thinking that somehow I'm going to get to their stuff quicker if they call me instead. No, I still have a stack of emails to address before I get to your request, so you're going to have to wait like everyone else. No matter how many times you say "urgent" and "hot rush." Everyone says that, so the words are meaningless anyway. And 98 times out of 100 I end up asking them to just put it in an email anyway, so they're calling me so I can tell them they need to email me. Awesome.

On that note, when people wait until the last minute on their end and then tell me they have a "hot rush" and the customer is pissed and the salesperson is afraid he's going to lose the sale if I don't break policy to do something for them in the next 54 minutes. BULL. If you had told me you needed something the "two days ago" you said that you found out there was a problem instead of just sitting around doing nothing for the first 24 hours before you even tried to create the documents to order the material, maybe you wouldn't be in this predicament, a-holes. But now it's suddenly my problem and you're going to try to put me on a deadline?
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    I hate it when someone tells me to smile. I can't smile 24/7 and usually when someone says that it's because I have had a bad day and they just made it worse. Uhh... probably a strange pet peeve but I am always complimented for how much I smile so I know it isn't because I am a grumpy pants. lol.

Ugh - my boss does that to me all the time. I'm a pretty happy, smiley person, but when he tells me to record the voicemail for holiday weekends, he always says, "I want you to put a sparkling smile on your face and put on a happy voice".... then it makes me deliberately want to sound sullen on the phone..lol.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    It grinds my gears when someone pulls out in front of you and you have to slam on your brakes. You think they pulled out in front of you because they are in a hurry but they go under the damn speed limit. That really sets me off.
  • mhaight85
    Options
    I work at a stand inside a grocery store and people are constantly asking me where totally obscure things are in the store. The worst part though is when people ask me how much the flowers cost, or which ones their wife will like better. Just because I'm female doesn't mean I can speak for all females and tell you which flowers your wife will like! You're the one married to her, not me!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I hate it when someone tells me to smile. I can't smile 24/7 and usually when someone says that it's because I have had a bad day and they just made it worse. Uhh... probably a strange pet peeve but I am always complimented for how much I smile so I know it isn't because I am a grumpy pants. lol.

OMG yes!! I HATE this so much! I can't smile all effing day long people!!! Just because I don't have a huge ridiculous grin from ear to ear on my face does not mean I am unhappy or mad, and if I AM unhappy or mad telling me to 'smile' is NOT gonna make me any happier, and in fact will make me want to punch you!

Also, and this happens a LOT on this site, people using the word loose instead of lose!!! You're trying to lose weight! NOT loose weight!
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I hate when people get into their own little worlds at the grocery store and completly block the isle. I don't care what you are doing just let me get by!!

I'm sorry. :noway:
    I don't know what it is about stores, but i find myself doing it nd i hate it.
    I'll just shop online from now
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I worked at the dollar tree when I was a teenager, and people were CONSTANTLY asking me how much something costs. Blatantly ignoring the 9 million signs that read "EVERYTHING IS $1"!!!!!
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I work at a stand inside a grocery store and people are constantly asking me where totally obscure things are in the store.

What is worse is people who don't evn know what they are called. :blushing:
    I once asked the grocery guy where the eggplants and zuchinni were. Turns out they didn't have any.
    When i asked for aubergine nd courgette though, he knew right where they were.

:noway: :ohwell:

What grinds my gear is hen work people ring me to tell me they've sent me an mail.

If the phone rings and i'm at my desk, i always check my email as i answer the phone, so by the time i say hello, i've already read the email.
    :explode:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

I hate when people call me on the phone at all; I've said multiple times I prefer to be contacted via email, but people still call me with the stupidest crap thinking that somehow I'm going to get to their stuff quicker if they call me instead. No, I still have a stack of emails to address before I get to your request, so you're going to have to wait like everyone else. No matter how many times you say "urgent" and "hot rush." Everyone says that, so the words are meaningless anyway. And 98 times out of 100 I end up asking them to just put it in an email anyway, so they're calling me so I can tell them they need to email me. Awesome.

On that note, when people wait until the last minute on their end and then tell me they have a "hot rush" and the customer is pissed and the salesperson is afraid he's going to lose the sale if I don't break policy to do something for them in the next 54 minutes. BULL. If you had told me you needed something the "two days ago" you said that you found out there was a problem instead of just sitting around doing nothing for the first 24 hours before you even tried to create the documents to order the material, maybe you wouldn't be in this predicament, a-holes. But now it's suddenly my problem and you're going to try to put me on a deadline?

^^Exactly, Since when is YOUR lack of preparation MY emergency? Don't wait till I'm walking out the door at the end of the day to say you NEED for me to overnight some obscure item I probably don't even have in stock. I don't have magical powers.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

^^Exactly, Since when is YOUR lack of preparation MY emergency? Don't wait till I'm walking out the door at the end of the day to say you NEED for me to overnight some obscure item I probably don't even have in stock. I don't have magical powers.

That was my foster Mom's favorite quote, lol. She used to say it all the time, and I hated it!! But I was a teenager and everything was supposed to be all about me all the time, obviously :smile:
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    To quote the great, late George Carlin "I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic ****ing hatreds"

Most of mine are work-related...I work at McDonalds. Brace yourselves for this list...

1) When people start their order like this "Gimme.....". Rude. How about "I'd like a" or "May I have". Also, if you walk up to the counter and we say "Hello", say Hello back...don't just ignore us and start barking your order. We are humans, not McDonalds robots.

2) Complaining about things the average employee has no control over. Such as prices, policies, the layout of our restaurant or even commercials. B!tch, do I look like the head of marketing? I make 11 dollars and have to wear polyester pants.

3) When people ignore the little dish I've made with my hand and plunk their money on the counter. I know you saw my hand dish! I always take a painstakingly long time to pick up the coins as it makes my rage lessen.

4) People who leave their young kids in the restaurant while they go shopping(my McDonalds is in a Walmart). Are you insane?

5) Talking on a cell phone while you order. If you do this anywhere, you are a bad person. I don't care if you volunteer at an orphanage or save kittens from burning buildings, you are a terrible person.

6) Please and thank you. Just in general, at any place or any time. Have some manners.

I know this makes me sound like a rage-a-holic, but I'm not the only one. I'm convinced working fast food crushes your soul and turns you into a passive-aggressive hate monster.

Stay in school, kids.

i work at walmart. i ditto all of the above
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

OH MY GOD! THIS!!! I hate when someone will walk by my desk while I have papers everywhere trying to figure something out for someone else and they said you should smile. F you, I'll smile if someone comes into the office or seem like I'm smiling when the phone rings but I'm not about to wear a fake smile 24/7
  • Chelseaax
    Chelseaax Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    How people feel the need to change EVERY website into a "dating" website.
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Parents who bring their children with them but have no intention of really watching them while they are there. This goes for stores, restaurants, and anywhere that everyone else there has arranged childcare or even hired a sitter so they can have some "me" time: especially nail and hair salons.

Bonus rage if the person in question is the nail technician and she thinks she's going to do my nails with an 18 month old squirming in her lap and grabbing everything she can reach. :noway:

And if your child is screaming and crying and we are anywhere other than an airplane high in the sky, TAKE A WALK, for the love of God.

Totally understand this one. Especially when the little s**ts start messing with the things on the shelves in my shop like crocks and breakables. And the parents are ignoring them cause they are too interested in buying clothes, while there little brats run riot. The amount of times i've had to go get kids from out the back of the shop cause they aren't being watched is insane! Or stop them picking up things cause they are fragile. Then i get dirty looks from there parents like i'm the bad guy! One women i kid you not left her child in my shop and went to the bank over the road! I felt like shouting out the door 'hey lady i run a clothes shop here, not a daycare' really annoyed me! grrrr