Talk about demotivational...

Options
123457»

Replies

• mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You cannot get upset over someone who is clearly not a nice person. Be proud of your weight loss.
  • katiehoward8
    katiehoward8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Although I agree with you regarding the message board, and how rude that it was. I think you should take his picture down because that can and has led to law suits. Especially when there are comments on here directly making fun of the picture... This is why I'm not on Facebook!
  • bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    So in your book someone getting rubbed the wrong way because someone essentially putting in print that you're fat for all your coworkers to see, and mock...is the equivalent to someone being sensitive over a post that doesn't pertain to them, and they dont even really know the people involved?

Whatever...I'm the **** out...

How about this...

Hey <insert co-worker name here>. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but what you wrote on the white board really hurt my feelings. It's hard being overweight - people often judge me and look at me differently. That's one of the reasons I've worked so hard to lose weight. It would mean a lot to me if you wouldn't poke fun of my weight anymore. I tell you what, how about we go out for a beer after work and just talk about <insert acceptable topic here>

Essentially exactly what happened once caffeine was consumed (all be it with less "feelings" and more "dude that was ****ed up...you know ive lost a lot of weight, and that was a **** thing to do")and I was a bit more level headed...and it's Friday, he, Fernandez, and I always go to the tiki bar up the road for waterfront beer on Friday...that's what I was saying, I don't dislike the guy, I didn't bash him...yes it's a funny picture, he knows that this thread is here and exactly what it says...I posted the picture because it's funny...we've all had a laugh (I mean **** who didn't look ridiculous in the 80s) and I know he was "kidding" like I said...and come beer thirty we'll all be sitting at the bar laughing about it...I really just wanted to see how others dealt with this, and neglected to say that I was "friends ish" with the guy to se if anyone had any brilliant ideas on how to deal with it if the person is not known to you...
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    What Mr. Moron did to you was rude and immature and I understand why it upset you. I'm sure it would have bothered the majority of people if it were done to them. But the picture? I'd be VERY upset and angry if someone posted a picture of me that included my child on a public internet site. No way, no how...not my kid. Sorry, my friend, but that's a big no-no.
  • bodyrollin
    Options
    Although I agree with you regarding the message board, and how rude that it was. I think you should take his picture down because that can and has led to law suits. Especially when there are comments on here directly making fun of the picture... This is why I'm not on Facebook!
    Would have a while ago, but it won't let me edit it...not sure why...
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    Would have a while ago, but it won't let me edit it...not sure why...

There's a time limit on edits. We have that too on the site I run. You'd have to contact an admin to have it removed.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hostle workplace. You have a case and he could be fired.
  • Kitty_Kat_meow
    Options
    Just think of how you'll have the last laugh soon, though. This person is going to be so jealous when you reach your goal and get tons of attention for it.

If you find out who did this, next time write "small penis" next to their last name! Hah!

I agree with this! You are doing great, so keep it up and just think about your progress :D
  • coppercat25
    coppercat25 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So...he does that and I'm the douche because I shared his public picture? How does that work?
    The joke at work is a company-level issue. Posting someone's pic without their permission on a random web forum could become a legal issue. Also -- you're stooping to his level and making yourself no better than him. Congrats.
    This person is very mature. Get off your high horse.
    Fixed it for you. :flowerforyou:

haha. i have no interest in getting into a brawl on a forum :-) but that did tickle me. sharp response, i applaud you!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it is still "okay" to pick on the fat person - the last group allowed to be discriminated against. Don't let other peoples BS affect you. Sorry it happened - but maybe the person is jealous that you are succeeding.
    Actually.... I'm pretty sure this counts as harassment and you don't have to take it. If you have the time and money you could probably get a lawsuit going against the company. In the mean time you might just bring it to HR's attention that you *could* get a lawsuit going.

Unless he does it over and over, it's not harassment. Geeze People!! Lawsuit for this, lawsuit for that. Unbelievable!!!

Correct. And being fat is not a "protected class" in America. Usually, religion, marital status, gender, race and ethnicity are. In some states sexual orientation is as well. But things like being fat, smoking, etc are not ("sorry bob, we're not promoting you because you smoke" = perfectly legal).
    Hostle workplace. You have a case and he could be fired.

Hostile workplace is extremely difficult to prove. Usually just one harasser is not enough to prove that. It generally has to mean that management actually encourages the behavior. And if there is joking/insults going back and forth, it's also unlikely that would be considered hostile. If management makes even a half hearted attempt to wag the finger at any of this behavior, then no company would be liable.

Americans might be lawsuit-happy in general, but many of the things people think are "illegal" in the workplace usually aren't.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Maybe they have heard rummors and were referring to your member!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I'd change it to 'XL Hammers your wife whilst you're writing stupid comments'

That;d do it

FTW!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That's F'd up... plain and simple. If it was my workplace, there'd be a misconduct investigation, just so you know how f'd up it truly is. I'm so sorry. It's them, not you!
  • bodyrollin
    Options
    For the haters that don't believe me about knowing the guy. This is this afternoon, from left to right me, Fernandez, and the guy that wrote it...like I said I don't dislike the guy, just bad timing, and ****ty mood I guess.

AE9C8131-8DBB-49B8-B3E8-EE1AF1C54E84-3371-0000039E28B17BAE.jpg
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Whoever wrote this is rude and mean. Ignore this and work hard. You will have the last laugh!
    Keep up the great work that you are doing!
  • jazujazu
    Options
    Anytime someone is mean, I think to myself, "I can change my weight, but they'll be an unhappy/ugly(internally perhaps)/unintelligent person forever."
  • mattie2290
    mattie2290 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was asked if I was pregnant today..... I may be fluffy but I sure don't look like I'm about to pop one out! People are DUMB! I just have to remind myself that I can change being fluffy but they’re stuck with their sad pathetic personalities.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    i ordered a pizza for my teenage son and when it was delivered to the door i opened it to "look at that fat ba****d getting a pizza