Transformations -- Pear Shape

Options

Replies

• ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You could call me a pregnant pear, or a papple (pear/apple) I guess. :) Happened w/tracking, and really slimmed out w/lifting. Now I'm just trying to stay in the game after a neck injury sidelined my lifting in February...

8435302945_4828275f65.jpg

You look like a whole different person!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You can check out my profile if you'd like. I have some before/afters in there. :)

I like my pear shape but I must say... I did not like it until I got to be like under 130 pounds. I'm 5'2.

Nice job! You look great.
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No pics, but I've gone from wearing size 6-10 tops and relaxed fit size 12 bottoms (14 in some brands) to wearing size 6/8 tops and size 8 or 10 bottoms. It's extremely odd to me that I can now sometimes wear the same size shirt and the same size pants. I'm still a pear and actually like that about myself, but my top/bottom difference is much less extreme now and I'm much happier with my thighs.

Edited to add: I'm around 5'7" and currently weigh about 152 lbs. I was 189 at my heaviest, and I started MFP around 187.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    bump to check out later :) Amazing everyone!!!!
  • nedbun
    nedbun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump! Great work everyone! I have photos in my profile as well, but I'm planning on posting new ones in the next few weeks. My biggest piece of advice is don't be afraid to lift weights!
  • HanaEhab7
    HanaEhab7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there. We have so much in common. I only used fad diets to lose weight, and trust me the weight came back so fast! So I was convinced that the only way to lose weight is exercise and reduce my calorie intake. However I am pear-shaped which makes it so hard to lose weight. That is what they say. "Genetics" and so. But I am only 16.3 years so maybe I have a chance to be fit. Man, I already have cellulite. But I'm working on it. I am Egyptian, so it sure is very hard to maintain weight here. Fast food including pizza and Mc Donald's are everywhere. But I will do this! I'm sick of all the "peer pressure" at school too. I need those slim legs.
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are awesome inspiration! I'm a pear, too, and this really gives me hope.
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Okay srsly, how in bloody hell are you guys losing weight in your hips and booty and thighs yet keeping your breasts?! My body won't give up an ounce of booty fat until my rack is completely decimated. I'm going to end up looking more pear shaped than ever at this rate because I'll have nothing left on top to balance it out...sigh. It is, however, highly encouraging that thin thighs may actually fall within the realm of possibility for me.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I never had a lot of boobs to begin with... they didn't get bigger with weight gain, which was a cruel, cruel joke from Mother Nature. I'm still wearing most of the same bras, just with shorter straps and tighter bands.

But strength training is the key. The heavier, the better.

Oh man...I know how you feel!! I have friends that are larger, but they don't look it because their boobs give them shape! I have tiny nubs on my chest! Lately, though, I have been doing the 30 DS and have noticed a change in them. Not necessarily bigger, but firmer. (I grab them more often now!! HAHA!!) But, nonetheless, they are still small and out of their natural habitat because of kids.... If I lose weight, I'll be content with not having boobs....
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 inches in EACH thigh from Spinning twice a week. (Of course, I took 10 other gym classes too, but I was always in the gym a lot and ate right).
  • meandmyface
    meandmyface Posts: 328
    Options
    I'm still very much a work in progress, but I carry most of my weight in my thighs, hips, love handles and butt, and here's my progress so far!

dOkFYLCl.jpg
  • jgonza132
    jgonza132 Posts: 14
    Options
    wow, great transformation!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies!!!
  • lovelycatbones
    lovelycatbones Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm really happy to see that. I'm about 5"05' and 114lbs with "pear shape" too. I didn't know how that kind of girls will look after losing a bit of them O.O You're really inspiring :)
  • jazzygurl81
    jazzygurl81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow...such inspirational pictures. I can't wait for the day that will post mine.
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformations ladies! I hope to be posting in this thread by next summer.
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    you are all amazing
    bumping for later as have to read some more inspirational stories
  • AISIGO
    AISIGO Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • Ramona818
    Ramona818 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm also a pear hoping to trim up these hips and thighs. They have gotten a bit smaller as I've watched my calorie intake, which seems to be the key to losing fat overall. I think it's mostly diet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!